Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Conti Csc5 Reviews

• Please log in to reply

vr2turbo

Posted 04 April 2012 - 02:21 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (toffee @ Mar 31 2012, 01:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What is the current price for CSC 5 based on the following sizes:

225 40R 18
255 35R 18

I was quoted RM850 and RM1190 respectively

Not other users. Best to call a few shops to compare......

toffee

Posted 09 April 2012 - 08:33 PM

toffee

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 73 posts
Finally got it installed.

1st Impression - grippy and exhumes confidence. Surprisingly quiet. Maybe it's still new. Performance seems better than PS3

vr2turbo

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (toffee @ Apr 9 2012, 08:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Finally got it installed.

1st Impression - grippy and exhumes confidence. Surprisingly quiet. Maybe it's still new. Performance seems better than PS3

My colleague using on his Accord, says it is quieter then his previous PS3 also.
Softer and more comfortable, take bumps better.Traction just as good....

nonokia

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:33 PM

nonokia

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 10 2012, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My colleague using on his Accord, says it is quieter then his previous PS3 also.

My friend with e60 bmw 530 also say his csc5 better (more grip, more comfy) than his previous asymetric goodyear tyre.

vr2turbo

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (nonokia @ Jul 20 2012, 01:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My friend with e60 bmw 530 also say his csc5 better (more grip, more comfy) than his previous asymetric goodyear tyre.

GY Asy or Asy 2?

jonlsl

Posted 17 April 2013 - 03:16 PM

jonlsl

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
QUOTE (LanGanu007 @ Jul 29 2011, 02:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got myself a pair of CSC5 size 215/50/17 to fit our family saloon recently. Will be getting the second pair of CSC5 in the not too distant future.

Just wanted to try this tyre since heard and read so much about it on independent tyre reviews but no real life users here yet.

At the moment I've done almost 4500km on it and it does live up to what those independent foreign reviews claimed. Being a rear wheel drive car, I noticed that my rear end (this new pair of CSC5 are fitted to my rear wheels) doesn't seem to be too tail happy when pushed beyond the limits of the car's traction compared to my previous set. This is in damp/wet driving conditions. In the dry... smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

It is of course no rain king as what the GY Eagle F1 GSD3 (and the soon to be launched GSD5) is when it comes to aquaplanning resistance, but I have to admit that, as what Bro vr2turbo always highlighted, the straight line grooves in combination to deep longkangs certainly made the CSC5 feel almost as good as the GSD3 in aquaplanning resistance smile_tongue.gif Maybe it's the "Blackchilli compound" doing its job smile_clown.gif

Anyway, for our fellow forumers' info and reference, the CSC5's stock characteristics are AA for Traction; A for Temperature and Treadwear is at 280.

Will be reporting more on this in the times to come...especially when all 4 wheels are on CSC5 smile_wink.gif

I'm just about to change another set of CC5. With this current set I'm at the thread wear marker milage is at 40,000km/2yrs. Nissan cefirio 3.0L 205/65/R15. My previous CC1 gave me 70,000km and I was running 195/65/R15 and another set gave me 50,000km with the same 195 size but I decided to change all 4 as one of the tyres gave way and blew out on the highway which I did post in the past. In the manual it gives me the choice to choose either 195 or 205.

Life of this CC5 is much lower compared to the CC1 but I much say over all it a much more better tyre comfort, noise and grip wise. I also noticed that the tyre holds its performance up well until this level of wear and increase in trye noise is only slight. Overall it holds its HVH and grip wise through out the life of the tyre much better than the CC1. So you have to give some in order to get some. So to give up some tyre life for better overall tyre performance I would say is a good trade off. Especially NVH is much better than the CC1.

OOOppps. I thought this was the CC5 thread. Misread it was the CSC5 thread.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:38 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jonlsl @ Apr 17 2013, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm just about to change another set of CC5. With this current set I'm at the thread wear marker milage is at 40,000km/2yrs. Nissan cefirio 3.0L 205/65/R15. My previous CC1 gave me 70,000km and I was running 195/65/R15 and another set gave me 50,000km with the same 195 size but I decided to change all 4 as one of the tyres gave way and blew out on the highway which I did post in the past. In the manual it gives me the choice to choose either 195 or 205.

Life of this CC5 is much lower compared to the CC1 but I much say over all it a much more better tyre comfort, noise and grip wise. I also noticed that the tyre holds its performance up well until this level of wear and increase in trye noise is only slight. Overall it holds its HVH and grip wise through out the life of the tyre much better than the CC1. So you have to give some in order to get some. So to give up some tyre life for better overall tyre performance I would say is a good trade off. Especially NVH is much better than the CC1.

OOOppps. I thought this was the CC5 thread. Misread it was the CSC5 thread.

ha! ha! yah sometime see one letter difference, then all different.

vr2turbo

Posted 19 April 2013 - 08:39 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 10 2012, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Been a year since my colleague fitted. One of his CSC5 sidewall cracked and now on Toyo C-1S