Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ckd Jetta

• Please log in to reply

kenso

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:23 AM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Oct 20 2011, 09:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
DC18,

one simple way to mitigate losses to the cbu buyer is to maintain the same price but increase the specifications for the ckd. the spec increase must be seen as worth it for the buyer. to the used car dealer or bank, they are not really bothered about spec so much (they will take in at almost same value for both low and high spec but sell at different prices). their main concern is how much is the cheapest version and there is where they will base their used value assessment.

Yes, that's in the interest of the CBU buyer .... But that does not mean it is in line with VGm's goal towards making VW truly a people's car here in Malaysia. Pricing has always been a key factor in favor of VW (in opposition to it's competitors elsewhere in the world) so given a choice, I believe they will opt for a more aggressive pricing strategy instead of improving specifications.

Of course, all this is just speculations on our part.

lp16

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:47 AM

lp16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 20 2011, 07:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well said, bro. Value is in the eye of the beholder.

While I have no statistics to refer to, I "think" our country is the only one where the price disparity between Jetta, Golf and Passat is completely out of whack with the Jetta being sold at one of the highest prices ever (relative to the other 2 models)

Btw, does anyone know what's the Jetta OTR price with insurance?

Courtesy of a caring Guv that has AP policy monopolized by a few in the inner circle. RM150k OTR..... more than twice what I saw in Dubai. That shows how much we're milked thru taxes, duties and APs. smile_angry.gif

khlee23

Posted 20 October 2011 - 10:55 AM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (c8pmw @ Oct 19 2011, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ah...same old story about the tax and protectionism of our beloved country...that's the reason why hybrid cars are so well received here...and the fact that we are getting the CR-Z earlier than the lion city explains everything

Good point there. Why many of the ppl here still solely blame the high CBU price on the carmaker?! It is the gov taxes!! Direct and indirect taxes!! And I also learned all new car prices needs the government approval !! It is not all about VWM want to make more profits, it is also partly because of the authority still want to protect someone and you all know that, right?!

We are not like Singapore, where they need COE permit and apply high taxes to control how many cars are on the road as they are a small island. So for our beloved country, I cannot think of any other valid excuses why they need to impose such high taxes and all kind of permits!! I guess the current gov need to change OR be changed!
Life is short. Seize the day!

DC18

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
http://motortrader.c...ta-1-4-TSI.aspx

kenso

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:00 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Oct 20 2011, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So what's it going to be for you, bro? Golf or Jetta?

DC18

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:11 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 20 2011, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what's it going to be for you, bro? Golf or Jetta?

Realistically a Jetta first or a pre reg Golf TSI.

How about you? 508 firm?

kenso

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:22 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
QUOTE (DC18 @ Oct 20 2011, 12:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Realistically a Jetta first or a pre reg Golf TSI.

How about you? 508 firm?

Will know by tomorrow. SA till now cannot let me know full price OTR. Say insursance calculation "subjective".

DC18

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

DC18

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,683 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 20 2011, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will know by tomorrow. SA till now cannot let me know full price OTR. Say insursance calculation "subjective".

Insurance is not fixed mar, just easy math minus out the insurance they quoted or just apply ur ncb later. Funny that ur SA need time.

I heard 508 got rebate of RM10k, true ar?

lp16

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:32 PM

lp16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 116 posts
QUOTE (khlee23 @ Oct 20 2011, 10:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good point there. Why many of the ppl here still solely blame the high CBU price on the carmaker?! It is the gov taxes!! Direct and indirect taxes!! And I also learned all new car prices needs the government approval !! It is not all about VWM want to make more profits, it is also partly because of the authority still want to protect someone and you all know that, right?!

We are not like Singapore, where they need COE permit and apply high taxes to control how many cars are on the road as they are a small island. So for our beloved country, I cannot think of any other valid excuses why they need to impose such high taxes and all kind of permits!! I guess the current gov need to change OR be changed!

Can't blame carmaker too much. Who doesn't want to capture a bigger slice of the market? Who doesn't want to see their marque dominates their rivals? Nowadays consumers are so sensitive about pricing. Just like here where a few will organise GB just to get a few % discount and freebies.... Why?

samt81

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

samt81

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 698 posts
QUOTE (kenso @ Oct 20 2011, 12:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

bro, let me calculate for u...

148 x 26 + 251.50 =4099 + 10= 4199 + 600 ws = 4799..

if u hav 55 % means 4099 x 45% + 10 + 600 =2454.55

got it?