Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Wish

• Please log in to reply

dennisl

Posted 13 May 2010 - 02:36 PM

dennisl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
"recone new" is used so the Tex will be lower. my understand is the car was registered in japan but never being use.

alldisc

Posted 15 May 2010 - 10:18 AM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (dennisl @ May 13 2010, 02:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"recone new" is used so the Tex will be lower. my understand is the car was registered in japan but never being use.

yes, it can be either a low mileage car, pre owned or demo.
if he cars were relatively new, theres' no need to reconditioned the car except perhaps the paintwork. the term recond need not apply here.

but there are many cases where the car mileage was altered, even the ones sold at N**a. Someone informed me he purchased an Estima, and it came with a Japanese service record and the mileage reading was lower than the one in the record.

so, be careful when buying a grey import cars.

sunray

Posted 16 May 2010 - 08:42 PM

sunray

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 174 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ May 15 2010, 10:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, it can be either a low mileage car, pre owned or demo.
if he cars were relatively new, theres' no need to reconditioned the car except perhaps the paintwork. the term recond need not apply here.

but there are many cases where the car mileage was altered, even the ones sold at N**a. Someone informed me he purchased an Estima, and it came with a Japanese service record and the mileage reading was lower than the one in the record.

so, be careful when buying a grey import cars.

hhmmm......from all this comment my personal opinion and observation is that there is no such thing as a recon new. even if it is register in jp but never used......that in our term here is also consider a 2nd hand car. therefore can we all just conclude that all ap cars are recon cars ? meaning either it had been pre owned / pre register, demo, hired car refurbish, etc etc. so in any case its all been recon / refurbish prior to being imported into the country right ?

my guess is if it is new then perhaps the dealer got 'jalan' in jp who can falsify paper to declare new car as 2nd hand and thus sent it to MY. thus the local dealer can sell the new car at a higher price. so does any one know of such dealer ? i want a new wish but declared as recon.

do pm me if there is any contact.

thanx

bang

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

bang

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (sunray @ May 16 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hhmmm......from all this comment my personal opinion and observation is that there is no such thing as a recon new. even if it is register in jp but never used......that in our term here is also consider a 2nd hand car. therefore can we all just conclude that all ap cars are recon cars ? meaning either it had been pre owned / pre register, demo, hired car refurbish, etc etc. so in any case its all been recon / refurbish prior to being imported into the country right ?

my guess is if it is new then perhaps the dealer got 'jalan' in jp who can falsify paper to declare new car as 2nd hand and thus sent it to MY. thus the local dealer can sell the new car at a higher price. so does any one know of such dealer ? i want a new wish but declared as recon.

thanx

To all sifus,

I have just been offered to buy a toyota wish 2006 2.0 litre (UMW) around 80k. The car is fully maintained by UMW and the owner has just service the car, changed the engine mounting and also the tyre but the mileage is around 150k.
Is this a good deal? Anything else that I need to check?
Please advice.

thanks....

wanida

Posted 11 January 2011 - 09:44 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (bang @ Jan 11 2011, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To all sifus,

I have just been offered to buy a toyota wish 2006 2.0 litre (UMW) around 80k. The car is fully maintained by UMW and the owner has just service the car, changed the engine mounting and also the tyre but the mileage is around 150k.
Please advice.

thanks....

hi, the price offered is below market. it's a good deal in my opinion.. but heavy mileage is the drawback, but ok as long as the car was fully maintained on time..

r u buying directly from owner? if yes, few other q to ask on the air cond servicing, timing belt (1.8 using timing chain, no idea for 2.0) proof of servicing, like copy of receipts, what are the parts changed etc....that's all i can think abt..good luck.. smile_thumbup.gif

bang

Posted 11 January 2011 - 10:52 PM

bang

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ Jan 11 2011, 09:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, the price offered is below market. it's a good deal in my opinion.. but heavy mileage is the drawback, but ok as long as the car was fully maintained on time..

r u buying directly from owner? if yes, few other q to ask on the air cond servicing, timing belt (1.8 using timing chain, no idea for 2.0) proof of servicing, like copy of receipts, what are the parts changed etc....that's all i can think abt..good luck.. smile_thumbup.gif

Hi Wanida,

yea I am buying directly from owner(friend's friend) will try to get more details on the servicing.
tq... smile_wink.gif

clex777

Posted 17 January 2011 - 12:42 AM

clex777

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
QUOTE (sunray @ May 16 2010, 08:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thanx

Business recon car / AP is very tricky,and many thing to hide....i guess.

You want new car that declare recond...case 1
In real world,may be recond car that declare new....case 2

Theoritically and reality, are u know exactly how to differentate between new one and used one, esp car that similar manufacturing year.

Mileage can change any time, nobody bother and checked..even the SA also i guess dont know exactly about the history of recond car that they sell.

clex777

Posted 17 January 2011 - 01:00 AM

clex777

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 172 posts
QUOTE (bang @ Jan 11 2011, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
To all sifus,

Please advice.

thanks....

Model Year 2006...when start used/sold? Say 2007. In 3 yrs mileage run 150k, about 50k / year.

This car is heavy used, sorry if me, i will not buy...price also high. If u aware wish design remain unchange since the first model sold in Msia..only this 2011 we have new design (RM 145k +++).

Why not looking at Estima at the similar price range?

solokim

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

solokim

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (wanida @ Mar 29 2010, 09:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi ckys ; this info taken from Wish Club Malaysia..might useful for you..happy reading.. smile_thumbup.gif

wish comes with various model:

1.8 XE, X n XS (JDM Pre FL)
1.8 Aerosport (JDM NFL)
2.0 G n Z (JDM Pre FL)
2.0 S (UMW NFL)

XE is an enty level version that comes with steel rim, w/out front seat armrest, grey seat cover, w/out CF trim panel, w/out fog lamp (available as add on), rear drum brake, ABS, EBD, black side mirror cover n door handle, without sunroof, 4 speed super ECT g/box, 2 front airbags.

X is the intermediate level that comes with normal 15" sport rim, driver arm rest, grey seat cover, w/out CF trim panel, w/out fog lamp (available as add on), rear drum brake, ABS, EBD, body color side mirror cover and door handle, with or without sunroof, 4 speed super ECT g/box, 2 front airbags.

XS is the highest end model of 1.8 that comes with 15" diamond cut sport rim, arm rest for both front seat, black seat cover, CF trim panel, fog lamp, 4 disc brakes, ABS, EBD, body color side mirror cover and door handle, with or without sunroof, sports spoiler, full b/kit, leather trim gear knob, leather cover steering, 4 speed super ECT g/box, 2 front airbags, HID.

Aerosport is the highest end model of New Face Lift (NFL) 1.8 that comes with 15" diamond cut sport rim, arm rest for both front seat, black seat cover, CF trim panel, fog lamp, 4 disc brakes, ABS, EBD, body color side mirror cover and door handle, with or without sunroof, sports spoiler, full b/kit, leather trim gear knob, leather cover steering, 4 speed shiftronic super ECT g/box, 2 front airbags, projector headlight with HID.

G is the entry level for 2.0 that comes with normal 15" sport rim, driver arm rest, w/out CF trim panel, grey seat cover, w/out fog lamp (available as add on), rear drum brake, ABS, EBD, body color side mirror cover and door handle, with or without sunroof, 4 speed CVT g/box, 2 front airbags.

Z is the highest end model of 2.0 that comes with 17" sport rim, arm rest for both front seat, black seat cover, 2nd row pilot seat, CF trim panel, fog lamp, 4 disc brakes, ABS, VSC, EBD, TRC, body color side mirror cover and door handle, keyless entry, with or without sunroof, sports spoiler, full b/kit including side fenders, leather trim gear knob, leather cover steering, 6 speed shiftronic CVT g/box, 2 front airbags, HID.

S is the tomyam version (UMW) of 2.0 that comes with 15" sport rim, arm rest for both front seat, black seat cover, CF trim panel, fog lamp, 4 disc brakes, ABS, VSC, EBD, TRC, body color side mirror cover and door handle, without sunroof, sports spoiler, full b/kit including side fenders, leather trim gear knob, leather cover steering, 4 speed shiftronic super ECT g/box, 2 front airbags, projector headlight without HID.

a full spec wish normally refers to either 1.8 XS or 2.0 Z that comes with original 2 DIN HU, multifunction steering, front n rear reverse camera, LED side mirror cover n sunroof. some 1.8 XS and 2.0 Z are fitted with 6 airbags.

Please help here. I need the highest end of Toyota wish 2.0Z with year of manufacture between (2005-2007). I need the one with 6 airbags and sunroof. Which specific model or number should I be looking for. pls help

solokim

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:18 PM

solokim

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts

Please help here. I need the highest end of Toyota wish 2.0Z with year of manufacture between (2005-2007). I need the one with 6 airbags and sunroof, 17 in alloys, 6 seater, 2000cc and everything that a toyota wish has to offer. Which specific model or number should I be looking for. pls help