Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Goodyear Eagle Efficientgrip

• Please log in to reply

Coffee

Posted 25 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 24 2013, 06:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
how much u paid for the tires and manufactured from?
GY EfficiencyGrip got another version which is performance edition..but tat version is imported and might be not widely available here.. smile_blush.gif

Bro swinee,

I purchased these from Ban Hooi at Jln Kapar for RM390 each. Its the Efficientgrip comfort version and not the Efficientgrip performance ones.

Mine were from china. It was initially a concern to me, and my backup plan was the new Michellin Primacy 3 ST but those had very narrow longkang. I feared it would give poor wet performance, just like the Michellin LC.

But when I further examined the quality for the Efficientgrip, it looked alright. The tyre seemed well made. Hence I took the plunge.

Took it to 160kmh on the Elite highway today (haze and all). Very stable. And my fuel consumption seems to improve. Still early stage though, so will keep you guys informed.

And i will reserve my comment for wet performance till it rains. smile.gif
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.

richard912

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

richard912

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 923 posts
16" for under RM400 would likely mean 17" for circa RM500 smile_thumbup.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 25 June 2013 - 10:10 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (Coffee @ Jun 25 2013, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro swinee,

I purchased these from Ban Hooi at Jln Kapar for RM390 each. Its the Efficientgrip comfort version and not the Efficientgrip performance ones.

Mine were from china. It was initially a concern to me, and my backup plan was the new Michellin Primacy 3 ST but those had very narrow longkang. I feared it would give poor wet performance, just like the Michellin LC.

But when I further examined the quality for the Efficientgrip, it looked alright. The tyre seemed well made. Hence I took the plunge.

Took it to 160kmh on the Elite highway today (haze and all). Very stable. And my fuel consumption seems to improve. Still early stage though, so will keep you guys informed.

GY are not China tyres, only Made in China in their own factory, so nothing to worry. I use the first GY Asy which was Made in China too and they pass with flying colors...

Test test from UK tyre review
4th: Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance
Total: 38.2 / Dry: 8.8 / Wet: 8 / Rolling Resistance: 8.8 / Noise: 5.2 / Wear: 7.4
Positive: Very balanced tyre, top marks in the wet, particularly strong on dry roads, low fuel consumption

1st: Goodyear EfficientGrip
Total: 863.8 / Dry: 195.8 / Wet: 491.1 / Rolling Resistance: 76.9 / Noise: 100
Overall: Goodyear win the test thanks to their usual strong wet performance. Miles ahead of its nearest rivals in the curved aquaplaning tests and winning the straight line test, even with the score weighting adjusted to negate any unfair advantage the Goodyear still wins. Getting within 1.5% of the best in the dry, the Goodyears only drawback is a mid pack rolling resistance

Coffee

Posted 25 June 2013 - 11:07 PM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 25 2013, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GY are not China tyres, only Made in China in their own factory, so nothing to worry. I use the first GY Asy which was Made in China too and they pass with flying colors...

Test test from UK tyre review
4th: Goodyear EfficientGrip Performance
Total: 38.2 / Dry: 8.8 / Wet: 8 / Rolling Resistance: 8.8 / Noise: 5.2 / Wear: 7.4
Positive: Very balanced tyre, top marks in the wet, particularly strong on dry roads, low fuel consumption

1st: Goodyear EfficientGrip
Total: 863.8 / Dry: 195.8 / Wet: 491.1 / Rolling Resistance: 76.9 / Noise: 100
Overall: Goodyear win the test thanks to their usual strong wet performance. Miles ahead of its nearest rivals in the curved aquaplaning tests and winning the straight line test, even with the score weighting adjusted to negate any unfair advantage the Goodyear still wins. Getting within 1.5% of the best in the dry, the Goodyears only drawback is a mid pack rolling resistance

Thanks bro vr2turbo, makes me feel better now about the made in china stigma. smile.gif
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.

vr2turbo

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (Coffee @ Jun 25 2013, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks bro vr2turbo, makes me feel better now about the made in china stigma. smile.gif

Seems good marks for wet...... smile_thumbup.gif

swinee

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:03 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 26 2013, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seems good marks for wet...... smile_thumbup.gif

some claimed diff compound for performance n comfort version.. smile_approve.gif
but the seems like Mich ST3 up the game again claimed quietest n most comfort tire against V551 and GR90..
premium tire war now..hahaha smile_tongue.gif

swinee

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (Coffee @ Jun 25 2013, 09:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro swinee,

decent price u get there..as bro VR2 pointed out no issue with china manufactured tire under stringent QC from GY.. smile_thumbup.gif
Mich ST3 sure gonna b at least RM450 per pcs..being the Mich tiremen logo printed.. smile_tongue.gif
feedback when it clocks more milage..hehehe

vr2turbo

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,462 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 26 2013, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
decent price u get there..as bro VR2 pointed out no issue with china manufactured tire under stringent QC from GY.. smile_thumbup.gif
Mich ST3 sure gonna b at least RM450 per pcs..being the Mich tiremen logo printed.. smile_tongue.gif
feedback when it clocks more milage..hehehe

Bro. you need for your 308T ah?

swinee

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:46 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jun 27 2013, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro. you need for your 308T ah?

no la..considering for parents' ride..
they aging liao ma..need comfort n quiet.. smile_approve.gif

chargerguy

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Jun 27 2013, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no la..considering for parents' ride..
they aging liao ma..need comfort n quiet.. smile_approve.gif

Get a Vellfire and hire a driver for them larrrrr....kaKAKAkaKakaKakKkAKAkkaKAkaKAkKkaKkaKAkaKAKA