Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 308 Thp Performance Upgrade With Dyno Charts

• Please log in to reply

hereticbar

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:04 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (rabpaul @ Oct 8 2011, 01:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just how is it possible to get these readings on a car with wheels?
The readings match that from Peugeot which AFAIK is based on the engine only.

The figures are power at engine, as stated on the charts and in my post.

Yes, you are correct the results are from a chassis dynamometer, which means it measures the power on the wheels. However, it is not impossible to get a rough figure for power at engine. Once the power at wheels readings are obtained, the computer would be able to calculate the power at engine. I have no idea how accurate the figure is, a question you would have to bring up with the company that does the dyno.

For me, the dyno is a useful measurement tool for tuners when they are tuning cars. It gives them a real time feedback on the effects from the changes they make on the car. It is not a 100% accurate tool, two different dyno machines would produce different results even with the same car.

What is important is looking at the before and after results, the gap between the two lines on the charts, they reflect the difference after the tuning box is installed. The horsepower or torque figures might or might not be accurate but the difference is there. People that have tried a Peugeot 308 with the tuning box installed would have already know it, the car felt lighter and more powerful. It is subjective because it is based on feeling.

This is the reason why we did the dyno runs to come up with numbers to prove or disprove that there is a difference, some sort of a objective test. Whether it has 185bhp and 275Nm or not, it is not something we are concerned about.

Let's put things into perspective, 185bhp would mean that it has more horsepower than a facelift Mini Cooper S or a VW Polo GTi. I wouldn't even believe for a minute that this is the case. I would definitely not run out waving the dyno charts in my hands and shouting at the top of my lungs that I have 185 horses. No, that would just make me look like a fool.

arj

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:08 PM

arj

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts
Is this the tuning box from the Facebook group buy a few weeks ago?

hereticbar

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:01 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (davidgm16 @ Oct 8 2011, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wow.. this is interesting! my "friend" might be interested.. hmm..

ok la.. dun hide hide la.. I'M INTERESTED!!!!! come poison me with more detail! eg: price, where to install, brand of the box.etc etc....

There is nothing to hide but there is also nothing to gain by broadcasting openly that you have a tuning box in your car. laugh.gif

Personally, the reason why a tuning box is attractive is for it's plug and play nature. Most people don't want to void their warranty. A stealth modification that doesn't leave a trace on the car is a very tempting proposition. What's even better is that the installation only takes around 15 minutes, easy to remove when the time comes to send your car in for servicing.

The tuning box is from a supplier and manufacturer of digital tuning box that is based in Germany. According to them, they make the majority of the tuning boxes we see in the market now. Not sure how true their claim is, they assured me their products are TUV certified. I didn't buy just one unit, I doubt they would just sell me one unit, I bought three units. Two for THP156 and one for THP140, all for my friends of course.

This is how you get a cheaper price, you buy directly from the source. Paid around RM$1,8XX for each unit including shipping and tax, which is why I say it is RM$1,000 less than the "P" brand.

If you want more information, send me a private message. There might be a group purchase, but not sure yet just like what I tell some folks that messaged me. However, I am definitely ordering two units for VW TSI and another for THP140.

Word of caution, don't ever loan your friend your tuning box. They would never return it. If you are reading, my friend wants his box back. sleep.gif

behcw

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:23 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
haha ... what took you all so long ... smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif
Don't wait for chances, create them!
Life is short, Play Hard!

http://behcw.blogspot.com

hereticbar

Posted 09 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Oct 9 2011, 08:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha ... what took you all so long ... smile_tongue.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

True, your friend has been using it for years.

By the way, your friend getting a box for his new little wolf? It can go to 217bhp and 300Nm, tasty! laugh.gif

behcw

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:41 PM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (hereticbar @ Oct 9 2011, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
True, your friend has been using it for years.

By the way, your friend getting a box for his new little wolf? It can go to 217bhp and 300Nm, tasty! laugh.gif

very bad ... try to poison the wolf as well ...
my friend already got special poison for the wolf ..coming sunday ...

hereticbar

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:44 PM

hereticbar

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Oct 9 2011, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
very bad ... try to poison the wolf as well ...
my friend already got special poison for the wolf ..coming sunday ...

I am getting two "special package" for my friends' wolves and two for lions. One for big wolf and one for small wolf. wink.gif

If anyone from SPCA is reading, the animals we are referring to are not actual wolves or lions. Never in a million years would we poison animals. laugh.gif

redscouse

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:00 AM

redscouse

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 110 posts
Will the stock brakes and suspension be able to handle the extra power? Just wondering..

behcw

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:46 AM

behcw

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,951 posts
QUOTE (redscouse @ Oct 10 2011, 10:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Will the stock brakes and suspension be able to handle the extra power? Just wondering..

No problem at all. If u worry. U can always spend more to upgrade. Ebc is just round the corner.

chargerguy

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:00 PM

chargerguy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts
QUOTE (behcw @ Oct 10 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No problem at all. If u worry. U can always spend more to upgrade. Ebc is just round the corner.

smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Make sure it is Greennnnnnnnn....smile.gif