Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Proton Wira Rear Spring Coil Replacement

• Please log in to reply

limking

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:41 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
My mech suggest that instead of installing the spring rubber ( silicon spring buffer) to the rear of my both absorber springs coil (original Proton spec) , a pair of original Honda SR4 spring coils will be a much better option.My car booth carried quite some weight ,spare tyre ,amp ,monoblock ,subwoofer and weekly major home grocery goods. Can manage to purchase individual without the absorber at RM80 per pair ( 2 Honda SR4 spring coil only) at a potong kereta garage. The second hand stuff all from Japan .
What you guys think ? Will the Honda SR4 spring coil be matchable for my wira ? All the absorbers ( both front and rear ) have been replaced a year ago with Monroe half gas and half fluid spec.
Told me that the front springs coils original one o'kay no need to change , to remain original.If then what he said it's true then must I add front spring rubber (silicon spring buffer) to the front ? smile_question.gif
Or by replacing all the spring coils ( both front and rear ) with Honda SR4 spring coils will be a much better/wiser option ? Which replacement will result in better handling and cornering performance ? smile_question.gif
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

kohf1drive

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:49 AM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Mar 2 2009, 12:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mech suggest that instead of installing the spring rubber ( silicon spring buffer) to the rear of my both absorber springs coil (original Proton spec) , a pair of original Honda SR4 spring coils will be a much better option.My car booth carried quite some weight ,spare tyre ,amp ,monoblock ,subwoofer and weekly major home grocery goods. Can manage to purchase individual without the absorber at RM80 per pair ( 2 Honda SR4 spring coil only) at a potong kereta garage. The second hand stuff all from Japan .
What you guys think ? Will the Honda SR4 spring coil be matchable for my wira ? All the absorbers ( both front and rear ) have been replaced a year ago with Monroe half gas and half fluid spec.
Told me that the front springs coils original one o'kay no need to change , to remain original.If then what he said it's true then must I add front spring rubber (silicon spring buffer) to the front ? smile_question.gif
Or by replacing all the spring coils ( both front and rear ) with Honda SR4 spring coils will be a much better/wiser option ? Which replacement will result in better handling and cornering performance ? smile_question.gif

I'll replace the sag spring

drexchan

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:08 AM

drexchan

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,758 posts
I will go for original Waja spring. But it will definitely cost more than SH4 half cut springs. RM95/pc from spare part.

vr2turbo

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:51 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (drexchan @ Mar 2 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I will go for original Waja spring. But it will definitely cost more than SH4 half cut springs. RM95/pc from spare part.

Per pc against per pair price, but still not too expensive loh......

limking

Posted 02 March 2009 - 01:30 PM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (drexchan @ Mar 2 2009, 01:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Drex sifu ,it's Honda SR4 specs not SH4 specs . Your suggestion of Waja springs , for both front and rear or rear only ? And also what the diffence it would be if compared Waja springs with Honda SR4 springs ? Can you please elaborate more as I would like to learn more from your experience.
Thank you.
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

gtiwtks

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:06 PM

gtiwtks

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
Just to share,

Previously was on R3 lower spring and absrb. The rear spring is too soft for my car due to heavy woofer and box. Even with 2 inch spacer i only manage to get 2 finger gab with empty fuel tank which easily bottom up all the time.

Recently just change to kshowa heavy duty spring to replace the rear spring. Manage to get 2 finger ++ gab with full tank and normal spacer. Less roll at high speed.

The spring have bigger diameter so of coz it is slightly harder. The best part i bought it 130 per PAIR... Some guy selling at 0to100.

Fitted full set spring to my bro myvi but he dun really like it because it too high. LOL.

vr2turbo

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:33 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (gtiwtks @ Mar 2 2009, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to share,

Previously was on R3 lower spring and absrb. The rear spring is too soft for my car due to heavy woofer and box. Even with 2 inch spacer i only manage to get 2 finger gab with empty fuel tank which easily bottom up all the time.

Recently just change to kshowa heavy duty spring to replace the rear spring. Manage to get 2 finger ++ gab with full tank and normal spacer. Less roll at high speed.

The spring have bigger diameter so of coz it is slightly harder. The best part i bought it 130 per PAIR... Some guy selling at 0to100.

Fitted full set spring to my bro myvi but he dun really like it because it too high. LOL.

R3 springs too soft?? smile_shock.gif

gtiwtks

Posted 05 March 2009 - 10:46 AM

gtiwtks

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
Yeah...

First stock R3 is lighter then stock sgti around 100kg++

Second the spring is lowered...

Third I got 12" sub at my boot...

Can't even have passenger sit at the back of my car. With 2 person inside the car the back left only 1 finger gab.

That one also use 2" spacer to increase the height...

vr2turbo

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (gtiwtks @ Mar 5 2009, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah...

First stock R3 is lighter then stock sgti around 100kg++
Must be tuned for R3 only, cannot use in other cars
Second the spring is lowered...
Aftermarket lowered springs have their tension harden
Third I got 12" sub at my boot...
How many subs?, only one still okay, not that heavy. Still think springs not suit your gti
Can't even have passenger sit at the back of my car. With 2 person inside the car the back left only 1 finger gab.

That one also use 2" spacer to increase the height...

stillen

Posted 05 March 2009 - 03:27 PM

stillen

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
R3 spring set they have 2 version. 1 is specifically for Satria GTi R3 and 1 more is for M-Car 1.6/1.8.

as for the R3 Abs, they're for M-Car.

u shud take the m-car one tongue.gif