Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Problem: Intermittent Loss Of Power And Juddering

• Please log in to reply

kenso

Posted 29 October 2012 - 10:27 PM

kenso

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts
How about Peug Auto, Batu 3 Glenmarie? Also considered independent and not affiliated to official channels

shchoy

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

shchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi guys, my 3008 recently started to "judder" for like 1 sec around the 60 kph.
It happens especially when driving slow.

Is this likely a spark-plug problem or the Carbon buildup stuff you guys spoke about?

Which service center do you all recommend for checking? Any service manager recommendation?
I am fed up of Glenmarie.

I also read some of you are trying out the 'deleting' the PCV line... how did that go?

Thanks lots !!!

jcmu11

Posted 04 December 2012 - 04:37 PM

jcmu11

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
Hi Guys,

I have revive this thread again. Im looking for the advise from the all sifoos. My car 308 VTI experienced
antipolution system fault and the mileage is 99998.

I've tried to sending to Geot Auto for a service and reset the ecu claiming its minor fault and it was fine the whole
day but today it came back up.

So far if the car is turned off for more than 2 hours and restarted again with aircond turned it will run for while
smoothly in the road and after a while it will judder.. and fault comes out and fan will make big noise then I have stop
the engine. Then after I restart the engine I will not have the judder problem the whole journey becomes ok.

Basically i need some advice on what are things i need to check and what could be the root cause.

Many Thanks,

Pugged..!~~~

abgzainal

Posted 08 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

abgzainal

3rd Gear

• Members
  • 3 posts
QUOTE (shchoy @ Nov 2 2012, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi guys, my 3008 recently started to "judder" for like 1 sec around the 60 kph.
It happens especially when driving slow.

Is this likely a spark-plug problem or the Carbon buildup stuff you guys spoke about?

Which service center do you all recommend for checking? Any service manager recommendation?
I am fed up of Glenmarie.

I also read some of you are trying out the 'deleting' the PCV line... how did that go?

Thanks lots !!!

shchoy, my 3008 was having a lot of juddering when using shell ron 95, after pumping in Petronas ron 97, miraculously the engine was back to normal, no more judders at low rpm/speed while accelerating, especially uphill.

bkhong

Posted 09 January 2013 - 09:33 PM

bkhong

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 204 posts
QUOTE (abgzainal @ Jan 8 2013, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
shchoy, my 3008 was having a lot of juddering when using shell ron 95, after pumping in Petronas ron 97, miraculously the engine was back to normal, no more judders at low rpm/speed while accelerating, especially uphill.

My 308 4 speeder miraculously has no more of this juddering issue ever since my ATF oil was changed, and faulty gearbox issue resolved by changing the solenoid valve, reset the gearbox, and de-carb, all done at Glenmarie. But from the forums, GB issues is not related to the turbo/juddering issue.

Additional changes I induce switched from Petronas 95 to ExxonMobil/Petron 95.
My driving methods also changed, no more flooring and sudden aggressive heavy metal to the pedal angry driver sort of attitude, these days driving in relaxed state.

Hope your juddering issue be fixed soon.

shchoy

Posted 14 January 2013 - 11:51 PM

shchoy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
The car is diagnose with Gearbox issue and I have request for Warranty claim since 1 month+ ago.
Tomorrow, I will be replacing the gearbox.

Prior to the Gearbox arrival, the SC changed ATF oil and that stopped the judder.
Though I felt it coming back... it's something to do with the gearbox overheating the ATF oil hence causing the
judder when gear changes from 5 to 6.