Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Altis 1.8 With Dual Vvt-i And Cvt Coming To Malaysia?

• Please log in to reply

LS71

Posted 08 December 2011 - 02:35 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 1 2011, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My colleague and I have tried his Altis 1.8E dual VVT, in heavy city traffic with bumper to bumper crawl could achieve 11.5km/L which is very good. In normal city traffic, it could achieve 12-13km/L. Compared to Sylphy 2.0, the result is 9km/L and could go down to 8.8km/L in similar heavy city traffic.

However, there are several forumners over N brand thread that kept claiming that their Sylphy could get 12-14km/L in heavy city traffic and better than 16-20km/L in highway that seems exaggerated. Also, some of them are even claiming that their X-Gear and Lavina 1.6L without VVT yet tuned to generate 150Nm@4400rpm with vehicle weight of 1160kg + 4AT gearbox could achieve 15km/L easily beating the lighter Vios 1.5 with VVT.

What do you guys think? False gimmick or else?

With a bit of control driving, the best that I achieved was 17.5km/l during last month trip back to my home town for Nissan Grand Livina 1.6 (A) - 6 months old (mileage abt 7k)

To be precise, this was achieved with following scenario :

1) 4 adults + 2 kids + some luggage
2) average speed 90 - 100 km/h
3) Driving during night time
4) Air cond on at level
5) 95% highway with about 10 traffic lights along 175km distance

Also managed to acheive 22km/l for my civic 1.8 4 yrs back with 2 adults load and using RON 97 petrol. But nowaday only able to achieve 16-17km/l (the best) with same condition but using RON 95.

Ready miss old day where RON 97 was selling at current RON 95 price. The RON 97 deliver smoother driving experience compared to RON 95, my view

jayraptor

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:16 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Dec 7 2011, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Jayraptor,

Yeah ,long time we didn't discuss things [or crossing swords smile_big.gif ] in this AW platform. How are you getting on.

This time round, I am also listening to new songs or latest songs rendered in Slow Rock [慢摇 Man Yao] of course I won't easily abandon those calssics of yesteryears...I am still an old man mah... smile_wink.gif

Yeah, I agree with you that misrepresentation is the greatest commercial crime. I hate that, and I vow never to buy any more of the products produced by the companies that cheat smile_angry.gif

Hi profkaizen,

I am going fine, just busy bickering with some forumners.

Slow Rock for English or Chinese songs? Hardly heard any slow rock nowadays. I can't really follow up with most of the songs since 2003 onwards. Just stick to English and Chinese oldies.

"Kaizen" is Japanese word for continuous improvement for optimum result. So professor improvement, any new rides that you are experimenting lately?

Hi scenic,

Ever since AW getting quiet unlike back then, the forum is flocked with comments that claimed superior FC comparable to diesel and hybrid even without basic VVT, Wonder where the forumners go, those that we often debated with last time.

jayraptor

Posted 10 December 2011 - 11:23 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (LS71 @ Dec 8 2011, 02:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With a bit of control driving, the best that I achieved was 17.5km/l during last month trip back to my home town for Nissan Grand Livina 1.6 (A) - 6 months old (mileage abt 7k)

To be precise, this was achieved with following scenario :

1) 4 adults + 2 kids + some luggage
2) average speed 90 - 100 km/h
3) Driving during night time
4) Air cond on at level
5) 95% highway with about 10 traffic lights along 175km distance

Also managed to acheive 22km/l for my civic 1.8 4 yrs back with 2 adults load and using RON 97 petrol. But nowaday only able to achieve 16-17km/l (the best) with same condition but using RON 95.

Ready miss old day where RON 97 was selling at current RON 95 price. The RON 97 deliver smoother driving experience compared to RON 95, my view

LS71,

Lower grade RON95 was introduced to divert our attention away from fuel hike on RON97, that is now costs way above our affordability. The FC you achieved seems a bit impossible to achieve with the car loaded. Latio 1.6L, I could achieved on highway was 14.5km/L cruising at mix 80, 90, 100, 110 following max permitted speed limit.

LS71

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:34 AM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 10 2011, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LS71,

Lower grade RON95 was introduced to divert our attention away from fuel hike on RON97, that is now costs way above our affordability. The FC you achieved seems a bit impossible to achieve with the car loaded. Latio 1.6L, I could achieved on highway was 14.5km/L cruising at mix 80, 90, 100, 110 following max permitted speed limit.

Hi, the below was the sequence of happening :

1) pump in petrol until almost leak out @ Esso station opposite Jaya Jusco of Taman Equine, Seri Kembangan
2) Then proceed to Kajang Toll via SKVE
3) Enter Kajang toll and exit Jasin toll with one stop in PLUS rest area
4) from Jasin toll heading to Muar using normal road and AMJ highway. AMJ highway has abt 5-6 traffic if I'm not wrong
5) pump in petrol again to same level @ Petronas station just before Muar bridge

Result : 175 km / 10 litres exactly

In fact few years back there was a light foot quest activities conducted by Tan Chong. If I'm not wrong, the winner managed to win with 50+km / litre which I personally believe not realistic although it was a full control driving, ie switch off aircond, using free gear while car on down hill etc. And many of participants hit 20 - 30+ km/ litre which more believeable. With this as benchmark, I would say my achievement can be further improved with lower load or other better condition, like using Ron 97, driving during cooler weather, follow behind a big bus all the way and take advantage of aerodynamic advantage etc...

Neverthless, as compared to Civic 1.8 which I also owned one, petrol consumption is better than NGL 1.6 perhaps with vtec technology plus 5 speed gearbox.

For latest Altis dual vvti mated with CVT, I would expect petrol consumption should be superb. Any owner mind to share their best achievement thus far here.

scenic

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Dec 10 2011, 11:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Kaizen" is Japanese word for continuous improvement for optimum result. So professor improvement, any new rides that you are experimenting lately?
Hi scenic,
Ever since AW getting quiet unlike back then, the forum is flocked with comments that claimed superior FC comparable to diesel and hybrid even without basic VVT, Wonder where the forumners go, those that we often debated with last time.

How I hate those liars about Torsion Beam Link suspension from their marketing strategy and brochures when in fact it was just a Torsion Beam set up ! And also thier FC claims in big big posters but never stated the truth of hoe they achieved that kind of FC to the unnoticed public. How deceiving it can be.
director's choice