Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Wta Chevy Spark Yr 2005

• Please log in to reply

stereocwm

Posted 11 January 2013 - 02:29 PM

stereocwm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Hi,

Im new here. Im interested in buying a 2005 chevy spark. Wanted to find some info from existing owners or anyone who has info on it.

1. How reliable is the car? Easy to maintain?
2. What sort of common problems is with this car
3. Which reputable workshops available to maintain this car.
4. Are parts easy to source?
5. What should i look out for when inspecting one before buying it.

thx. hope you guys can enlighten me with some useful information.

alphawolf

Posted 11 January 2013 - 05:26 PM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (stereocwm @ Jan 11 2013, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,

Im new here. Im interested in buying a 2005 chevy spark. Wanted to find some info from existing owners or anyone who has info on it.

1. How reliable is the car? Easy to maintain?
2. What sort of common problems is with this car
3. Which reputable workshops available to maintain this car.
4. Are parts easy to source?
5. What should i look out for when inspecting one before buying it.

thx. hope you guys can enlighten me with some useful information.

dude, the car's damn freaking small and narrow...you sure you want a Spark? Why not spend slightly more and get an Aveo instead?

Anyway, I am still driving a 2005 Chevy Aveo, and I can answer questions related to that model and brand in general..

1. For my Aveo, it's reliable with just the usual maintenance. Just have to watch up for the timing-belt, which must be changed every 50,000 km.

2. From what I could gather, the usual problems with Chevys are their air-con compressors, which are pretty weak, but not very expensive for a new and original one.

3. Usually i just go to Korean Car Mates. Not cheap, but good service.

4. I can guess that it's not as easy to source as either a Aveo and Optra. Sparks are a lot rarer than those 2.

5. Timing belt, Auto gear (if appropriate), air con, whether it leaks oil or not...all the usual lah.

stereocwm

Posted 12 January 2013 - 04:06 PM

stereocwm

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Jan 11 2013, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
dude, the car's damn freaking small and narrow...you sure you want a Spark? Why not spend slightly more and get an Aveo instead?

Anyway, I am still driving a 2005 Chevy Aveo, and I can answer questions related to that model and brand in general..

1. For my Aveo, it's reliable with just the usual maintenance. Just have to watch up for the timing-belt, which must be changed every 50,000 km.

2. From what I could gather, the usual problems with Chevys are their air-con compressors, which are pretty weak, but not very expensive for a new and original one.

3. Usually i just go to Korean Car Mates. Not cheap, but good service.

4. I can guess that it's not as easy to source as either a Aveo and Optra. Sparks are a lot rarer than those 2.

5. Timing belt, Auto gear (if appropriate), air con, whether it leaks oil or not...all the usual lah.

thx for the info, but yeah im looking at the spark cuz of the price, very cheap now, am just gonna use it to commute from home to the ktm station mostly or for short distances. The aveo no doubt way better, but the price is at least 6k more than the spark. Don't want my monthly installment to be too high as well, and the spark has better fuel consumption im assuming.

alphawolf

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (stereocwm @ Jan 12 2013, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thx for the info, but yeah im looking at the spark cuz of the price, very cheap now, am just gonna use it to commute from home to the ktm station mostly or for short distances. The aveo no doubt way better, but the price is at least 6k more than the spark. Don't want my monthly installment to be too high as well, and the spark has better fuel consumption im assuming.

smile_thumbup.gif understood.

you'll have to save some for the parts ya. Some parts can be expensive compared to local cars. But generally they lasts longer than the locally made parts..

My Aveo uses RM65 worth of fuel for +-450KMs. It's not fantastic but it's okay. Not sure about the Spark's though.

there's not a lot around which are in good condition..all the best in your search smile_thumbup.gif