Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

New Aveo/sonic, Orlando & Trailblazer Launching Soon

• Please log in to reply

alphawolf

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:29 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Nov 15 2012, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya!! 3 yrs warranty - out - 1st unit done +200k kms, 2nd unit running out soon on the extended 2 yrs warranty or 175k kms, Ya, happy to be out of warranty! and no need to go to them for service anymore!!! 2nd price is still good and OK for this make!!! - it a real good workhorse oil burner low FC and fast car really, only they kill it themselves!!! with bad service and unavailable parts (when it is under warranty - but after warranty no problem - plenty of it and/or OEM parts are very cheap if you know the jalans!!!),

Whoa, 3 yrs = +200k KMs and 2 yrs = 175k KMs smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

In 7 yrs my Chevy only managed to clock less than 130k Kms. You travelling salesman issit
smile_tongue.gif

Usually I would just go to Korean Car Mates for service. They are good at Korean cars and after warranty maybe you could try them out smile_thumbup.gif

br1

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:49 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (alphawolf @ Nov 16 2012, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Whoa, 3 yrs = +200k KMs and 2 yrs = 175k KMs smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

In 7 yrs my Chevy only managed to clock less than 130k Kms. You travelling salesman issit
smile_tongue.gif

Usually I would just go to Korean Car Mates for service. They are good at Korean cars and after warranty maybe you could try them out smile_thumbup.gif

Sort of high mileage as I have said it a workhorse, keep in stable and not running at all and will need to work only 2-3 times maximum a week on long haul drive - from North to South h'way for holidays cum business trip.

jayraptor

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:50 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 14 2012, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_tongue.gif smile_tongue.gif
I doulb Chevy Sonic would be well received even if it price any lower, the designer must have "possessed" by Sonic game , the front light look like those of P1 wira eagle eye from bros shop in fact uglier, what with those motorcycle meter ? if i want a motorcycle meter i'll get myself a motorcycle, maybe inspired from thailand tuk2 happy.gif

As for Rio seem like they are bringing in 1.4 engine as well, perhaps there try to avoid competing with Forte EX Kosong which is a 1.6, base on the specs of 108hp @ 6300rpm & 101 lb·ft @ 5000rpm the 1.4 Gamma engine, don't expect a good low end power unless one floor the acceralator every time they need pick up from stand still. (Base on Jayraptor style of imaginative test drive offcoz) smile_tongue.gif

If Chevy is sold under company that emphasised on bulk spare parts, SC, repair and most importantly the management is comprised of know how passionate engineers that at least know how to get things done, it could sell in healthy numbers. If you don't know, Cruze is selling well elsewhere because of its tech and build quality. The Sonic is somewhat better than your crappy quality Almera. It's 1.4 could still get 130Nm whereas your Almera 1.5 can't even get more than 140Nm yet it is powered by stronger 6AT gearbox.

NASA will more likely bring in Rio 1.4 as they prefer FC over performance for B-segment. If you don't know, those who buy B-segment main objective is point A to B car with great FC. Also, our local market prefer sedan over hatchback as we need to ferry people and goods in the boot. Comparing the Rio 1.4 with Almera 1.5:

Rio 1.4
output 107ps@6,300rpm (got hi-rev)
torque 135 N.m@ 4,200rpm
6AT with strong 1st gear at 4.162

Almera 1.5 so high over 1500mm with very long tail giving more drag behind
output 102ps@6000rpm
torque 139Nm@4000rpm
old 4AT with weaker 1st gear at 2.861, weight is distributed to bigger area towards rear more way form engine will cause more drag from idle and when going up slope, sluggish gear change some more.

Back to topic, Sonic should have highest build quality for affordable car category like its bigger bro Cruze. Are you intending to get infected journalist to write bad and find fault with it this time?

br1

Posted 17 November 2012 - 03:22 AM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Nov 16 2012, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If Chevy is sold under company that emphasised on bulk spare parts, SC, repair and most importantly the management is comprised of know how passionate engineers that at least know how to get things done, it could sell in healthy numbers. If you don't know, Cruze is selling well elsewhere because of its tech and build quality. The Sonic is somewhat better than your crappy quality Almera. It's 1.4 could still get 130Nm whereas your Almera 1.5 can't even get more than 140Nm yet it is powered by stronger 6AT gearbox.

NASA will more likely bring in Rio 1.4 as they prefer FC over performance for B-segment. If you don't know, those who buy B-segment main objective is point A to B car with great FC. Also, our local market prefer sedan over hatchback as we need to ferry people and goods in the boot. Comparing the Rio 1.4 with Almera 1.5:

Rio 1.4
torque 135 N.m@ 4,200rpm

output 102ps@6000rpm
torque 139Nm@4000rpm
old 4AT with weaker 1st gear at 2.861, weight is distributed to bigger area towards rear more way form engine will cause more drag from idle and when going up slope, sluggish gear change some more.

Back to topic, Sonic should have highest build quality for affordable car category like its bigger bro Cruze. Are you intending to get infected journalist to write bad and find fault with it this time?

alphawolf

Posted 17 November 2012 - 11:11 AM

alphawolf

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 327 posts

Rio 1.4
torque 135 N.m@ 4,200rpm

output 102ps@6000rpm
torque 139Nm@4000rpm

If Almera vs Sonic, definitely Sonic for me all the way. While Sonic may not be the best-in-class car, it is a modern, well-designed car. Almera to me is just a car that is "downgraded" for third-world usage. But no matter what crap the japs turn up with, people here would just buy them in droves...

The Chevy Cruze saved GM's beef in this region. It is a good car.

If Naza finally learn their lesson and improves their service, I will definitely consider a Sonic as a replacement for my Aveo in the future..

jolokia

Posted 17 November 2012 - 02:53 PM

jolokia

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,839 posts

Rio 1.4
torque 135 N.m@ 4,200rpm

output 102ps@6000rpm
torque 139Nm@4000rpm

As usual ur assumption never came truth, look what happen to Cruze ? Which is cheaper than all Japanese rival even Elantra, pointless to brag about oversea market, I mean Wuling Sunshine is selling well in China, in fact is among top 20 in the world selling chart, anybody want one here ?
Come on people do not buy car base on amount of speed in gear box alone, if this is true you should get a 21 speeds Mountain Bike instead.
Face it a cheapo ugly front light, stupid looking motorbike meter & lemon brand with a 1.4 engine selling for 80+K doesn't work in our market.
We r not talking about sport car which just built for speed, we r talking about a B segment family car built for passenger , isn't a taller roof & better leg room is more comfortable ? I mean how fast can this 1.4-1.5 go anyway.
Sluggish gear is when the engine doesn't provide enough torque to let the 6 speed box shift smoothly & constantly hunting for gear to compensate low torque engine.
This is normal car we talking about if u want to climb hill everyday get a Pick Up Truck, U live on top of a Mountain ? Remember u said engine power important than gear box in Vios vs Almera ? Now u change again, u constantly contradicting ur self again.
The biggest rival for Sonic in fact is Rio with a 1.4 engine & 6 speeds box, since it's distributed by a same Co. Either one would be sacrificed to ensure another success, I bet u know which one, now u know why Chevy can't sell well here. smile_approve.gif
Great Ideology Creates Great Times - Yuri Irsenovich Kim

jayraptor

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:18 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jolokia @ Nov 17 2012, 02:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As usual ur assumption never came truth, look what happen to Cruze ? Which is cheaper than all Japanese rival even Elantra, pointless to brag about oversea market, I mean Wuling Sunshine is selling well in China, in fact is among top 20 in the world selling chart, anybody want one here ?
Come on people do not buy car base on amount of speed in gear box alone, if this is true you should get a 21 speeds Mountain Bike instead.
Face it a cheapo ugly front light, stupid looking motorbike meter & lemon brand with a 1.4 engine selling for 80+K doesn't work in our market.
We r not talking about sport car which just built for speed, we r talking about a B segment family car built for passenger , isn't a taller roof & better leg room is more comfortable ? I mean how fast can this 1.4-1.5 go anyway.
Sluggish gear is when the engine doesn't provide enough torque to let the 6 speed box shift smoothly & constantly hunting for gear to compensate low torque engine.
This is normal car we talking about if u want to climb hill everyday get a Pick Up Truck, U live on top of a Mountain ? Remember u said engine power important than gear box in Vios vs Almera ? Now u change again, u constantly contradicting ur self again.
The biggest rival for Sonic in fact is Rio with a 1.4 engine & 6 speeds box, since it's distributed by a same Co. Either one would be sacrificed to ensure another success, I bet u know which one, now u know why Chevy can't sell well here. smile_approve.gif

Don't know how to read? Already stated, if under NASA won't sell in huge numbers. Cruze sells better than your Sylphy in Singaland. Forte 1.6 sell at healthy volume because they placed some effort and the chain reaction will automatically be good. Others didn't sell well because there was not much effort at all. Until today, I didn't get to test drive Optima, Sorento, Sportage, Koup for more than 500meters drive. Forte 2.0, no test drive at all.

Your comment on Sonic's look "cheapo ugly front light, stupid looking motorbike meter & lemon brand". You should look at your own Almera's uglier Dugong look that you said good looking before you comment on others' design.

Fyi, Sonic and Rio with 1.4 but it's a dual VVT coupled with 6AT at >3.00 first gear ratio. Not old tech obsolete 1.5 with single VVT + weak sluggish 4AT.