Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bmw 3 Series Vs Toyota Mark X

• Please log in to reply

jsee2008

Posted 22 December 2009 - 10:33 AM

jsee2008

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
All this talk about Toyota reliability, as a design engineer in the automotive sector reliability is based over a three year period. If like Skoda was at the top of the table for reliabilty you could say the simplier the car the less to go wrong with it.
The European cars are generally more complicated and in hence more liekly to go wrong but then durability is another subject, for example on Ebay 22.12.09:-
- bmw 7,341 cars for sale - over 100k mileage = 1,144 cars
- ford 19,469 - over 100k = 1,248
- toyota 5,301 - over 100k = 450

Just an example of a typical example of durabilty of German cars. O by the way did you know that China has 99.9% of all the precious materials to make batteries - they have an agreement with the Japanese for using their technology and the Japanese using China's resources. What I am trying to say is - can you see yourself or your kids getting a job in China or would you bank your money with a European or an American manufacturer.....Ford are just as reliable in 2001 the three most reliable cars were BMW, Toyota and Ford - More recently have a look at this thread:-

http://www.contracth...survey-reveals/

For durability the Germans are streats ahead for the durability to performance - your choice....

jsee2008

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:02 AM

jsee2008

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (mykenmoon @ Oct 14 2009, 08:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi all.

Been trying out a few beemers, and thinking of getting a 3 series but the Mark X looks very attractive... plus i heard these horror stories about BMW maintenance...

Not thinking about buying new as it would seem more worth it to buy a used 325. Anyway, my question would be if there's any sifu here who drives a 325, or any other 3 series who have also driven the Mark X, and what's your take about both the cars?

Happy motoring, and thanks happy.gif.

QUOTE (chargerguy @ Oct 16 2009, 08:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Both in diff league. Marx X is more comfy and slightly more reliable but the parts is not cheap as well. The E90 will put a grin on ur face everytime u r trying to some stunt with it. It handles well. Besides that. Mark X looks is bit outdated as well as not as upmarket compare to Hidung Besar..kakaKAkaKKAkaKAkaKAka

Cheers

smile.gif

jsee2008

Posted 22 December 2009 - 11:04 AM

jsee2008

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
O just to add, I dont but some like reliability surveys to much:-
http://www.themotorr...t-reliable-car/

Cheers,

Jason

prozac51

Posted 24 December 2009 - 02:13 PM

prozac51

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,676 posts
Reliability surveys are quite subjective as they depend a lot on the dealership support in the surveyed countries. BMW of course will show a better reliability accord since they have strong warranty support and many 3S dealerships around town.

Mechanical reliability is a whole different ballgame. As mentioned earlier the less complex and sensitive the mechanicals are, the more reliable they will be. Any modern BMW will never beat the reliability of a Perodua Kancil.

I myself am deciding between an E90 320i or a Mark X. The only thing stopping me from getting the superior X is really the aftermarket support; how many mechs out there know how this car works and won't turn yours into a guinea pig? At least I know the E90 has a safety net called AB that can fix any problem as long as you have the $$$. The 3-series also has a long standing popularity which guarantees your resale value and parts availability. I mean, even the retired E46 still fetches a high price these days.