Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Exora Bold Engine Sound Question

• Please log in to reply

ntc2000

Posted 02 March 2012 - 12:04 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (hhc8 @ Mar 2 2012, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Problem1

Every time I switch off the engine the fan would continue for 2-3 minutes eventhough after driving for only 5 minutes. According to the Service Advisor, it is normal. Does every owner experience this?

Problem 2

Sometimes there is 'squeking or creaking sound' from the front suspension. Anyone has this problem?

The horn sounds soft compared to Waja and Wira. According to one Accessories guy, all models use the same horn except the position of the horn and too much padding in Exora(?)

I notice there is no lever on the rear view mirror to switch for night driving.

I agree with you the accessories are ridiculous expensive. Only useful items for me are the tinting and coil mat. The salesman said it is compulsory and that they need to make money for selling the car so cheap. Bullshit to me! As far as I know only government approved accessories ie radio, air conditoner etc are compulsory. I suppose you can insist to the Manager that you don't want the accessories and he will make you wait half a year!

Be careful if you want to buy your own insurance. My salesman 'bought' for me to get commission eventhough I told him not to.

regarding horn, only 1 siput at from right side... normally bm horn come in pair, but p1 giv 1 unit only smile_approve.gif

KlaKla

Posted 08 March 2012 - 03:55 PM

KlaKla

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 260 posts
QUOTE (thiaga @ Mar 1 2012, 10:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
exore bold premium"s accessories package is a rip-off, rm 4000k for gps, light tint, kits, etc. does customer have option to obselete this items?

can proton people explaint this

Agreed. GPS=1000. Good quality tint@vkool= 2500. Others=500.
How much is the ecotint actually? Purchase in bulk, it can't be 2500 too.

I've ask SA abt this, can't do anything abt the tint as all bold premium install with it in factoty (he said). As fo r the GPS can trade in for 400 - 500. mad.gif
Ingatlah Orang Yang Tersayang

ntc2000

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:21 AM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (KlaKla @ Mar 8 2012, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I've ask SA abt this, can't do anything abt the tint as all bold premium install with it in factoty (he said). As fo r the GPS can trade in for 400 - 500. mad.gif

that ecotint spec is less than my 5MIL tint cost... 059.gif workmanship is dam poor, a lot dust inside. mine also kena, one of our member in cari.com, his front screen start to bubble... ohmy.gif

i alr tear it off from my rexona... 059.gif

wwl4111

Posted 09 March 2012 - 11:34 AM

wwl4111

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Mar 9 2012, 11:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that ecotint spec is less than my 5MIL tint(rm6xx)... 059.gif workmanship is dam poor, a lot dust inside. mine also kena, one of our member in cari.com, his front screen start to bubble... ohmy.gif

i alr tear it off from my rexona... 059.gif

hi guys, I'm plan to buy this car, but due to some comment, worried on it specially on the engine reliability.

someone can convince me on this. Appreciate for comment. how is the turbo maintenance as compare with NA engine.

ckwg

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:00 PM

ckwg

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 213 posts
QUOTE (KlaKla @ Mar 8 2012, 03:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My Proton GPS LCD screen already gone kaput even before I really start to use it (only turn in on few times at home). Already sent to repair and waiting...

So the GPS cost rm1000? My Garmin which costs much less is better than that, used many times no problem ever.

pgkia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:36 AM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
QUOTE (ckwg @ Mar 15 2012, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My Proton GPS LCD screen already gone kaput even before I really start to use it (only turn in on few times at home). Already sent to repair and waiting...

So the GPS cost rm1000? My Garmin which costs much less is better than that, used many times no problem ever.

i think more than that...from cps accessories of RM400+ to cfe RM4k+...the only extra things are the tint and gps...

i also dun like this...but we are forced to take... sad.gif

kristof

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:15 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
huy all,

I am Kristof, Belgian, living in Malaysia and working for Punch Powertrain (CVT supplier) as manager customer care Proton.

You can ask me all CVT related questions.

First answer is on the Reverse sound. Don't worry there is absolutely nothing wrong with your gearbox.
We use a planetary gear set that reverses the engine movement to our gearbox. This planetary set contains small gears that run at higher rpm in reverse, that is the sound you hear. It should be in your owners manual as well.
As soon as you start reversing slowly the sound gets less.

Regards

hcgui

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:24 PM

hcgui

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts
Hi Kristof,

Glad that u can be here personally to assist all customers... really appreciate it! hope all vendors can provide this kind of personal touch.... it really gives extra faith to the customers!

Thank you on behalf of all Proton customers n keep it up!~

kristof

Posted 19 March 2012 - 04:34 PM

kristof

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
It is indeed something vendors should do and provide. I feel this need as it is a new products that arises some questions.

You can find my personal contacts and explanation at:

http://forum.autowor...h...2259&st=120

don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Gunnerzz

Posted 19 March 2012 - 06:04 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (kristof @ Mar 19 2012, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is indeed something vendors should do and provide. I feel this need as it is a new products that arises some questions.

You can find my personal contacts and explanation at:

http://forum.autowor...h...2259&st=120

don't hesitate to contact me.

Thanks

Good to know "someone" is here

I need to clarify with u on some matter,
During hard acceleration i felt a vibration on the steering wheel, CVT trademark?

This is my 1st time driving CVT, does it usually produce funny mechanical sound? Its not loud but i can hear it if i listen closely.

One last question,
Why does the CVT in the BLM 1.6 whine louder than the unit in Exora?