Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Peugeot 207 Vs Ford Fiesta

• Please log in to reply

lowpro

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Feb 28 2011, 10:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you're referring to the 207, as in the 207, the real 207, I would favor the 207 smile_big.gif smile_evil.gif

But, if you're referring to the 207 Sedan which is a 206 Sedan with 207 front exterrior looks, I would definitely favor the Fiesta; lookin at the cars itself alone, but I wouldn't go for the Fiesta Sedan tough.

But that's just me smile_big.gif
Still, in terms of specs, features, value of money, I think it's pretty obvious which one feels better; but in the end, it still depends on YOU, go test drive and feel it; No point buy something because SOMEBODY ELSE like it. You buy for yourself, not for other people (unless you want to buy for me smile_big.gif smile_evil.gif )

i guess there's no point harping on the 207 hatch. it will never ever come. and this is a fact... unless brought in individually then it is a different story.

i drive a 207 on a daily basis and i personally feel it doesn't give much away to the fiesta that i have also taken for a nice long test drive. as for quality. the fiesta that is sold here is not german made. if you want to see what a quality fiesta is, just go to singapore to check out their german made, tiptronic equipped ones. the local thai made ones? well, no better than the 207 imho. it is just the design that is more recent. as for plastics quality. no difference. in all, if you like the fiesta, then go ahead. but i wouldn't recommend the sedan (only one airbag and no triptronic function) that again imho, is uglier than both the mazda3 and the 207 sedan.
Let's talk about driving again!

Andy214

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:27 AM

Andy214

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,549 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Feb 28 2011, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i guess there's no point harping on the 207 hatch. it will never ever come. and this is a fact... unless brought in individually then it is a different story.

i drive a 207 on a daily basis and i personally feel it doesn't give much away to the fiesta that i have also taken for a nice long test drive. as for quality. the fiesta that is sold here is not german made. if you want to see what a quality fiesta is, just go to singapore to check out their german made, tiptronic equipped ones. the local thai made ones? well, no better than the 207 imho. it is just the design that is more recent. as for plastics quality. no difference. in all, if you like the fiesta, then go ahead. but i wouldn't recommend the sedan (only one airbag and no triptronic function) that again imho, is uglier than both the mazda3 and the 207 sedan.

Nah, I understand that they wouldn't bring in the 207 hatch as stated in another thread, this is a business afterall, they need to bring in something that can sell in Malaysian market, at a competitive pricing, and also other factors;
For my previous statement, just for comparison on the Fiesta and 207, if we're talking about the ACTUAL 207, it's a completely different story than comparing with the 207 Sedan, which is essentially a 206 Sedan "renamed".

I do agree, in terms of looks, the 207 Sedan looks the best among the 3 in Sedan form (looks even better if they remove the ugly silver trim for more 'younger' feel). I'm not even going to talk much about the M2, which I don't feel it's like a Mazda, it lacks the Mazda feel to me, look at the 3 and 6... the 2 looks like a different brand car rebadged as Mazda.
As for the comparison for the specs, price, etc. it's pretty obvious and it's also pretty much agreed by most that the Fiesta is well spec and competitive price in it's segment; I believe we should be fair in this, just like how the 308 is well spec and priced. The 207 Sedan spec is great as well, and competitively priced, just that it's "outdated" by the Fiesta; BUT then, not everyone is so into the details, as long as it's a proven technology or the car feels good to drive, etc.

Hence, the suggestion is still to go for the test drive, and feel it; Most important is how the person feels.

NOTE: It's also important to let the person know about the car he/she is buying; It's better than let the person knowing/finding out later, it's no difference than...

lowpro

Posted 28 February 2011 - 11:44 AM

lowpro

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,643 posts
QUOTE (Andy214 @ Feb 28 2011, 11:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nah, I understand that they wouldn't bring in the 207 hatch as stated in another thread, this is a business afterall, they need to bring in something that can sell in Malaysian market, at a competitive pricing, and also other factors;
For my previous statement, just for comparison on the Fiesta and 207, if we're talking about the ACTUAL 207, it's a completely different story than comparing with the 207 Sedan, which is essentially a 206 Sedan "renamed".

I do agree, in terms of looks, the 207 Sedan looks the best among the 3 in Sedan form (looks even better if they remove the ugly silver trim for more 'younger' feel). I'm not even going to talk much about the M2, which I don't feel it's like a Mazda, it lacks the Mazda feel to me, look at the 3 and 6... the 2 looks like a different brand car rebadged as Mazda.
As for the comparison for the specs, price, etc. it's pretty obvious and it's also pretty much agreed by most that the Fiesta is well spec and competitive price in it's segment; I believe we should be fair in this, just like how the 308 is well spec and priced. The 207 Sedan spec is great as well, and competitively priced, just that it's "outdated" by the Fiesta; BUT then, not everyone is so into the details, as long as it's a proven technology or the car feels good to drive, etc.

Hence, the suggestion is still to go for the test drive, and feel it; Most important is how the person feels.

NOTE: It's also important to let the person know about the car he/she is buying; It's better than let the person knowing/finding out later, it's no difference than...

agreed 100% smile_thumbup.gif like i mentioned before, there are people who actually prefer simpler technology than the latest stuff available. as an example, i personally prefer the EW10A to the EP6 series. to me, less performance (but not by alot) but less hassle as well, this is a personal preference of course.
Let's talk about driving again!

crimson

Posted 28 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

crimson

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts
QUOTE (lowpro @ Feb 28 2011, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed 100% smile_thumbup.gif like i mentioned before, there are people who actually prefer simpler technology than the latest stuff available. as an example, i personally prefer the EW10A to the EP6 series. to me, less performance (but not by alot) but less hassle as well, this is a personal preference of course.

Guys

I have a 1.6 307sw and a 2011 Fiesta Hatch. Personally, I feel Fiesta is a value buy. My kids like the Peugeot ride better. Not sure about 207 sedan; but what a "boring" look.

It boils down to individual taste and what you look for in a car. I want the 508 man; when will NASIM bring it in?

Crimson
crimson

pugclan

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

pugclan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
Personally.....as a Peugeot owner....I would suggest the Fiesta. Looks way better compared to the funny looking 207. Interior dash wise the Fiesta is also damn futuristic...

khlee23

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:56 PM

khlee23

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,714 posts
QUOTE (pugclan @ Feb 28 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Personally.....as a Peugeot owner....I would suggest the Fiesta. Looks way better compared to the funny looking 207. Interior dash wise the Fiesta is also damn futuristic...

Definitely Fiesta Hatch......look wise and spec wise!
Life is short. Seize the day!

johnlim123

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:06 PM

johnlim123

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 647 posts
omho... fiesta... smile_sleepy.gif smile_sleepy.gif

thonysky

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:43 PM

thonysky

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts
agree with pugclan & khlee23 !! smile_cool.gif

kaminski

Posted 28 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

kaminski

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,922 posts
QUOTE (pugclan @ Feb 28 2011, 03:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Interior dash wise the Fiesta is also damn futuristic...

I can't but help but feel that it looks liked a retarded Nokia phone in the centre... smile_big.gif
The way to combat obnoxious ideas is with other ideas. The way to combat falsehoods is with truth.

Some bugger hijacked my Avatar!

pugclan

Posted 28 February 2011 - 05:22 PM

pugclan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts
QUOTE (kaminski @ Feb 28 2011, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can't but help but feel that it looks liked a retarded Nokia phone in the centre... smile_big.gif

Really???? Looks okie to me. smile_blush.gif