Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Diy Throttle Body

• Please log in to reply

kohf1drive

Posted 20 August 2011 - 08:31 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (sepuli82 @ Aug 20 2011, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Open the air filter box & remove the hose... clean also the inner side of the hose... spray some WD40 onto the butterfly plate & sorroundings area.... wipe it with clean cloth... twist the black semi rounded thing to open the plate & clean the inner side... can use earbuds (to clean the two holes), berus gigi (to drag the dirt out) also... cannot upload foto somemore... already max size... haish!

Thanks bro
Much clearer
Will try next time smile_thumbup.gif

sepuli82

Posted 21 August 2011 - 10:30 AM

sepuli82

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Welcome... Feels good to help (especially during this fasting month)
Let's share out thoughts together

bigfatant

Posted 09 September 2011 - 11:35 AM

bigfatant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
My mechanic doesn't even dare to service the Throttle body for my Waja.
I'm also reluctant to touch it, because of what he said.

I want to find a mechanic to do it but don't know who to go to?
Can anyone recommend any good mechanics around KL/Kuchai Lama area?

sepuli82

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:17 AM

sepuli82

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (bigfatant @ Sep 9 2011, 11:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My mechanic doesn't even dare to service the Throttle body for my Waja.
I'm also reluctant to touch it, because of what he said.

I want to find a mechanic to do it but don't know who to go to?
Can anyone recommend any good mechanics around KL/Kuchai Lama area?

It's common job for a mechanic to clean TB...

mot88

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:23 PM

mot88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
Indeed it is a common job for most mechanics. A word of cautious, it is not advisable to take out the throttle body from the engine if the mechanic is not well verse. It may (less chance but still got risk) damage the stepper motor.

However, if just DIY like what is shown it is safe, the throttle body still attach with the engine.

One more thing, better not use WD40 to spray behind the butterfly plate,as the sensors may give problem. Ok for plate on the outer side.

For behind the plate, better use Electronic Cleaner. The most common will be CRC Electornic Celaner that is available at ACE hardware or Brother's Kelana Jaya (HQ) at about RM 22-25 for a medium size bottle.
Pic refer to below:
http://www.acehardwa...oductId=1451535

Of course, the best to use is to CRC MAF sensor but much harder to find in Klang Valley.

For Kuchai Lama area, you may want to try EON outlet diagonal opposite KFC & Pizza Hut standalone restaurant , but as usual the labor charge on the slight high side.

sepuli82

Posted 12 September 2011 - 04:39 PM

sepuli82

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
QUOTE (mot88 @ Sep 12 2011, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Indeed it is a common job for most mechanics. A word of cautious, it is not advisable to take out the throttle body from the engine if the mechanic is not well verse. It may (less chance but still got risk) damage the stepper motor.

However, if just DIY like what is shown it is safe, the throttle body still attach with the engine.

One more thing, better not use WD40 to spray behind the butterfly plate,as the sensors may give problem. Ok for plate on the outer side.

For behind the plate, better use Electronic Cleaner. The most common will be CRC Electornic Celaner that is available at ACE hardware or Brother's Kelana Jaya (HQ) at about RM 22-25 for a medium size bottle.
Pic refer to below:
http://www.acehardwa...oductId=1451535

Of course, the best to use is to CRC MAF sensor but much harder to find in Klang Valley.

For Kuchai Lama area, you may want to try EON outlet diagonal opposite KFC & Pizza Hut standalone restaurant , but as usual the labor charge on the slight high side.

OK... thanks, well I'm from Terengganu, i use whatever usable to get the job done... it's been a month since i did the cleaning & the RPM still steady.

bigfatant

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:03 PM

bigfatant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I'm going to be trying that threebond carbon throttle body cleaner..

discussion was on a different forum tho.

http://forum.lowyat....pic=1300861&hl=

Will let you know how the car turns out afterwards

bigfatant

Posted 13 September 2011 - 07:26 AM

bigfatant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
QUOTE (bigfatant @ Sep 12 2011, 09:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to be trying that threebond carbon throttle body cleaner..

discussion was on a different forum tho.

http://forum.lowyat....pic=1300861&hl=

Will let you know how the car turns out afterwards

Big difference in the car performance. No more hard starts and lighter engine/more responsive. Only rm45 but I also did another engine treatment to help make the engine quieter. Total damage rm85 and well worth it.

mot88

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:14 AM

mot88

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
Not to be over hyped. Yes, normally, big difference is felt at the initial stage but will normalise back after a week or so.
Anyway, it is still better than before clean up after being normalised in a week or so.

bobdbilder

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

bobdbilder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
While you're at it, you ca do the same with the MAP sensor which sits on the plenum. That gets dirty too. Use of any mild hydrocarbon solvents is ok. I kinda like sticker removers.
Hell's Engine Class of Arau 88