Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Driving From Kl To Singapore

• Please log in to reply

littlevil

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:50 PM

littlevil

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Nov 17 2009, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You must have jalan, that is why no need to pay...... smile_big.gif

Bro. SF is not Taikor for nothing.. smile_tongue.gif smile_cool.gif

QUOTE (TheGunner @ Nov 17 2009, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You won't get lost, but your car might! smile_tongue.gif

I'm heading down to S'pore for the marathon next month, but my car will park at my brother's place. smile_big.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Remember to go via first link to experience the infamous JB homemade F1 circuit smile_clown.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 17 November 2009 - 05:14 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (littlevil @ Nov 17 2009, 03:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Bro. SF is not Taikor for nothing.. smile_tongue.gif smile_cool.gif

Remember to go via first link to experience the infamous JB homemade F1 circuit smile_clown.gif

Wah, like that, when I go JB, can use his name....... smile_thumbup.gif muhahahaha smile_big.gif

Jaime

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:02 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
thanks everyone..

additional info here;

Driving in from Malaysia

Here are some requirements for foreign-registered cars entering Singapore:
(a) Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) and Toll Charges
Foreign motorists are required to pay tolls and a Vehicle Entry Permit (VEP) charge at the checkpoints when they drive into Singapore. Payments have to be made using the electronic smartcard, called the Autopass Card.

The Autopass Cards are sold at the primary clearance/immigration booths or VEP/Tolls office at Singapore checkpoints. Motorists are required to produce valid road tax discs and insurance certificates for their cars when buying the Autopass Cards.
VEP fees are charged at SGD n20 per day on Monday to Friday (from 0200 hrs to 1700 hrs).
There is no VEP charge on Saturdays, Sundays and all Singapore Public Holidays as well as from 1700 hrs to 0200 hrs on weekdays.

Toll charges are calculated on a per trip basis. Car drivers have to pay toll charges on arrival and departure from Tuas Checkpoint (SGD 3.20 per trip) but only on departure at the Woodlands Checkpoint (SGD 1.20 per trip). Motorcyclists are not charged at the Woodlands Checkpoint, but have to pay SGD 0.50 when departing from and arriving in Singapore at the Tuas Checkpoint.
For more information, please refer to FAQs on driving into Singapore or visit the Land Transport Authority website (click on Motoring Matters, Guide to Driving Into and Out of Singapore).

(cool.gif Electronic Road Pricing (ERP)
All motorists driving into the city or travelling on certain major roads and expressways are required to pay an Electronic Road Pricing (ERP) fee during the ERP operating hours. ERP is a scheme to help keep Singapore roads congestion-free.

For foreign motorists intending to pass through ERP-priced roads during its operational hours, they can either choose to install or rent an In-Vehicle Unit (IU) to pay ERP fees. For those who do not wish to rent or install an IU, they can choose to pay a fixed ERP fee of SGD 5 per day, regardless of the number of times they pass through an ERP gantry in the day. This will be paid together with their VEP and toll charges via the Autopass card when they depart from Singapore. This fixed fee scheme starts from 1 Sepember 2003 onwards and is only applicable for those who do not have an IU installed in their foreign-registered cars.
More Tips On Driving into Singapore

Regards,
Jaime @ AW

Jaime

Posted 26 November 2009 - 06:18 PM

Jaime

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,750 posts
BTW, if I intend to drive Malaysian car in Singapore during Sat & Sun, I will not have to pay ERP right?

D) Electronic Road Pricing (ERP)
Can I drive on ERP-priced roads?

Yes. You can choose to pay the ERP fee on a per pass basis. This will require you to first rent or install an IU in your vehicle. You will then need to insert a CashCard or your Autopass Card into the IU when you drive past an ERP gantry.

Alternatively, if you do not want to install an IU, the fixed ERP fees scheme will apply. All foreign motorists can drive on ERP roads in Singapore without the need to rent or install an IU for their cars. The ERP fee is chargeable at a flat rate of SGD 5 for each day a foreign-registered car is used on ERP roads during ERP-operation hours.

What is the ERP operating hours?

Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays). It usually operates from:
• 0730 hrs to 1900 hrs for the Central Business District area. During eve of New Year, Chinese Lunar New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali and Christmas, it operates to 1300 hrs.
• 0730 hrs to 0930 hrs for the other ERP-pricing roads
ERP is not in operation on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
For specific times, please refer to this link.

That means I only pay the toll (Say SGD1.20), SGD20 for entering on Friday (Sat & Sunday if free), and SGD5 for ERP on Friday (assumming I am driving around on Friday. Sat & sun is free also). SGD30 should be enough value in the card?

Is that right?
Regards,
Jaime @ AW

kohf1drive

Posted 26 November 2009 - 08:47 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Nov 26 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
BTW, if I intend to drive Malaysian car in Singapore during Sat & Sun, I will not have to pay ERP right?

D) Electronic Road Pricing (ERP)
Can I drive on ERP-priced roads?

Yes. You can choose to pay the ERP fee on a per pass basis. This will require you to first rent or install an IU in your vehicle. You will then need to insert a CashCard or your Autopass Card into the IU when you drive past an ERP gantry.

Alternatively, if you do not want to install an IU, the fixed ERP fees scheme will apply. All foreign motorists can drive on ERP roads in Singapore without the need to rent or install an IU for their cars. The ERP fee is chargeable at a flat rate of SGD 5 for each day a foreign-registered car is used on ERP roads during ERP-operation hours.

What is the ERP operating hours?

Monday to Friday (except Public Holidays). It usually operates from:
• 0730 hrs to 1900 hrs for the Central Business District area. During eve of New Year, Chinese Lunar New Year, Hari Raya Puasa, Deepavali and Christmas, it operates to 1300 hrs.
• 0730 hrs to 0930 hrs for the other ERP-pricing roads
ERP is not in operation on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays.
For specific times, please refer to this link.

That means I only pay the toll (Say SGD1.20), SGD20 for entering on Friday (Sat & Sunday if free), and SGD5 for ERP on Friday (assumming I am driving around on Friday. Sat & sun is free also). SGD30 should be enough value in the card?

Is that right?

they charge you when you want to exit sg custom

littlevil

Posted 30 November 2009 - 02:56 PM

littlevil

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 94 posts
QUOTE (Jaime @ Nov 26 2009, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Is that right?

Some ERP gantries do operate on Saturday as well, Interactive Map for ERP rates and gantries smile_sleepy.gif

You will need to top up more value if you intend to park your car at the shopping centre.

lau22

Posted 13 December 2009 - 02:52 PM

lau22

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 403 posts
QUOTE (littlevil @ Nov 13 2009, 11:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to correct bro. SF post.. smile_sleepy.gif

The office is actually located before an uphill, after the uphill is the place where they will check your boot.

You can top up at the custom by going to the office, but you'll be charged a penalty at S$10 smile_dead.gif

Normal daily charge for entering Singapore is S$20 per day. Toll is S$1.20 for private car. For more details please click the links below, link1 and link2.

Enjoy your trip smile_cool.gif

It's WJOC office, not LTA or RTA.
Beside paying S$20 for 1 day trip, u can choose to pay another S$10 for unlimited erp entry. You are allow to skip those erp for free, by paying extra S$10/day.
There is a train service to tanjung pagar (S'pore), u can park your car FREE at Danga City Mall (JB) and take KTM train from there, park in front of the car wash service, the taukeh there can help you to look after your car