Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Recomend good car tint

• Please log in to reply

nozzy

Posted 29 April 2009 - 10:51 AM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 28 2009, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Almost all give 5 years warranty only..........

Well some do give 6 and 10 yrs warranty.

If you tint yr car for example 2k then divide to 5 yrs = 1 yr you are paying only RM400, hence divide again by 365days = approx RM1+/day.

The warranty also covers the filtration, if you felt that the heat rejection is not working as normal send your car back to the tint co. they will use a nanometer(if not mistaken) to test the film.

ain206

Posted 29 April 2009 - 11:03 AM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Apr 29 2009, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well some do give 6 and 10 yrs warranty.

If you tint yr car for example 2k then divide to 5 yrs = 1 yr you are paying only RM400, hence divide again by 365days = approx RM1+/day.

The warranty also covers the filtration, if you felt that the heat rejection is not working as normal send your car back to the tint co. they will use a nanometer(if not mistaken) to test the film.

i fixed solar cool way back in 2000 and after 9 years it still looking good although not 100% lah........

vr2turbo

Posted 29 April 2009 - 06:36 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ain206 @ Apr 29 2009, 11:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i fixed solar cool way back in 2000 and after 9 years it still looking good although not 100% lah........

My ride is on Solar Guard fitted in 2000 also and still going strong.

My wife's ride which was bought second hand had V kool Gold dust. Car was 6 years old and all was peeling, so I have it redone with V kool Gold dust again. Now after another 6 years it has started to peel again..... smile_sad.gif

nozzy

Posted 30 April 2009 - 09:15 AM

nozzy

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,654 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 29 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My wife's ride which was bought second hand had V kool Gold dust. Car was 6 years old and all was peeling, so I have it redone with V kool Gold dust again. Now after another 6 years it has started to peel again..... smile_sad.gif

Seemed not everything is perfect huh? chill bro...go for alternative brand lor.

vr2turbo

Posted 30 April 2009 - 11:22 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (nozzy @ Apr 30 2009, 09:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Seemed not everything is perfect huh? chill bro...go for alternative brand lor.

Those days, mention V kool is premium brand mah....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

Now if need to change, sure change brand already..... smile_tongue.gif

michaeljen

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:19 AM

michaeljen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
hmmm................interesting.............

how should i write................first of all,those skin-peeling defect was cause by "sharpless" blade which the installer cut from the modding or model,i sould say........if you guys notice those experienced sifu,they will tend change their blades much often...besides their blades,it will up to the angle of the blade slicing through the tint film..(ideal is straight 30 degree and below and the reason why i say ideal is to maintain one straight line cut by using large blade area contact with the film and to avoid cutting through the window and the heater line-rear windscreen).

i remember those years i'm with v-kool , i used up one set of small blades within a day only...
just my few cents and i'm no longer with v-kool since y2k................... smile_sleepy.gif
The NMT Hamsap Committee Member of Waja Hamsapiens Club.

My name is michaelJenn.
I'm the grave digger....

michaeljen

Posted 07 May 2009 - 03:21 AM

michaeljen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 29 2009, 06:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hi,

v-kool only supply gold dust.......
btw, where do you installed it???

My name is michaelJenn.
I'm the grave digger....

vr2turbo

Posted 07 May 2009 - 10:11 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (michaeljen @ May 7 2009, 03:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi,

v-kool only supply gold dust.......
btw, where do you installed it???

bro. michael,

No lah... Like the V kool gold dust colour, because it suit the car colour of champagne gold and has a very good reflection like mirror in the hot sun....ha! ha!
The car was bought second hand and already came with gold dust. Since colour was nice, change back to the same thing, but after these 5 to 6 years start to peel again.....
Did it in one accessory shop in Shah Alam.....

rdgs,

michaeljen

Posted 07 May 2009 - 09:07 PM

michaeljen

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 7 2009, 10:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bro. michael,

No lah... Like the V kool gold dust colour, because it suit the car colour of champagne gold and has a very good reflection like mirror in the hot sun....ha! ha!
The car was bought second hand and already came with gold dust. Since colour was nice, change back to the same thing, but after these 5 to 6 years start to peel again.....
Did it in one accessory shop in Shah Alam.....

rdgs,

i see......to me, as long as the workmanships is good ,that's fulfill me already....after five years,who know??maybe change car already.......... smile_tongue.gif

My name is michaelJenn.
I'm the grave digger....

BSDriver

Posted 08 May 2009 - 08:21 AM

BSDriver

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 634 posts
QUOTE (michaeljen @ May 7 2009, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i see......to me, as long as the workmanships is good ,that's fulfill me already....after five years,who know??maybe change car already.......... smile_tongue.gif

The good thing, Vkool simply replaced one of my window and the wind screen for totally free at the end of 5yrs warranty period. Just bring your car and complains if you feel you have the right.

BSDriver