Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

My New Nissan Grand Livina 1.8cvtc

• Please log in to reply

ahk

Posted 21 October 2009 - 03:39 PM

ahk

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
QUOTE (Harte @ Jun 1 2009, 09:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_approve.gif

Yeah, I'm glad! The only setback is the size which is much smaller than other mid-size MPV like Wish, Stream, Citra, Citra Rondo, Exora, Innova, etc. Have to admit that even though I disliked Proton so much, space in the Exora is the best of all!

For Grand Livina, I found the interior space to almost the same like my current Honda City but of course slightly bigger. But still ok lar for me & my small family. Currently, just have 1 kid (2 years old) & planning to have another soon. So, guess it's just nice for 4pax.

Last but not least, I thought the affilation with Renault is just simply amazing esp in the development of the new 1.8CVTC.

Now, everyday I think more of the Livina than my wife! Haha... smile_big.gif

actullay what is this CVTC ?

Popcorn

Posted 21 October 2009 - 04:20 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (ahk @ Oct 21 2009, 03:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
actullay what is this CVTC ?

Continous Variable Timing Control something similar to VVT-i or i-VTEC.
Cruiser

wanida

Posted 22 October 2009 - 01:50 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Oct 1 2009, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In M'sia.. the new GL 1.8 at 95k and Wish 2004 re-cond at 110k.. how to compare.. of course the wish better build quality lar.. there's price difference mah.

at the price of RM95k, you may also get Wish..I'm also considering Livina 1.8 and after few round of test drive, friends opinion and forums, finally go for used wish 04/06..until now i should say no regrets in every aspects. smile_thumbup.gif smile_approve.gif

fkmfkm

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:21 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Oct 21 2009, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Continous Variable Timing Control something similar to VVT-i or i-VTEC.

CVTC similar to iVTEC ?... not so similar lah...

Popcorn

Posted 22 October 2009 - 09:40 PM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 22 2009, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CVTC similar to iVTEC ?... not so similar lah...

In layman term lar.. u think all will easily understand in detail the diff between MIVEC, i-VTEC, cVTC, Vvt-i or VVT meh... and next question, is there a need to know in detail?
Cruiser

fkmfkm

Posted 22 October 2009 - 10:24 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Oct 22 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In layman term lar.. u think all will easily understand in detail the diff between MIVEC, i-VTEC, cVTC, Vvt-i or VVT meh... and next question, is there a need to know in detail?

In layman term things can become similar ? maybe he also dunno what is xTec, xVec...

Popcorn

Posted 23 October 2009 - 08:46 AM

Popcorn

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,445 posts
QUOTE (fkmfkm @ Oct 22 2009, 10:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
In layman term things can become similar ? maybe he also dunno what is xTec, xVec...

U can either google or refer to this link for more detail explaination... if not u cud try to explain since u sound like u know the diff:
http://www.superstre...ishi_mivec.html

Cruiser

ring

Posted 23 October 2009 - 10:28 AM

ring

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,628 posts
Don't get carried away with the marketing terminology whether it is a CVT, i-VTEC (L) or VVTi.

Your car performance, fuel consumption, etc will not be a lot of difference except that the weight of the car & your driving style that makes a lot of different. What you consume over most brochures, ads, etc are merely what the distributors want you to willing part your $$$.

My folks is still having a TT132 (Toyota Corona, Yr78). Its consumption is 10km/l despite using a caburator type engine. Its engine by far more quiet than a Vios running @ high speed exceeding 3,000 rpm despite of its age. For Nissan Sylphy and Camry (Esp the 2,000cc),they clock about the same mileague.

Can you guys discuss on the original tread instead?

Ring

"IDEMITSU engine oil and YUASA Battery...A truely Japanese quality product"

fkmfkm

Posted 23 October 2009 - 03:43 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Oct 23 2009, 08:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
U can either google or refer to this link for more detail explaination... if not u cud try to explain since u sound like u know the diff:
http://www.superstre...ishi_mivec.html

i dont know sorry...you should know.

thekop555

Posted 26 October 2009 - 08:26 PM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
QUOTE (Popcorn @ Oct 22 2009, 09:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

vtec, i-vtec, mivec, VVTL-i, neo VVL <---- valve n cam lifting

AND

vvt-i, cvtc, dvvt, cvvt, vvt <---- no valve n cam lifting.

thats y in terms of performance n FC also diff.