Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Owner Of Honda Elysion Here?

• Please log in to reply

roselan58

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:06 PM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (kwcheong @ Sep 8 2010, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Travies,

I have installed a LCD in the center for the back passenger, using the original DVD player...dashboard & the rear LCD working well. what is power tailgate?.

Hi Leongst,

I bought the spark plugs (NGK) from spore..sgd22/pc installed free by my new found mechanic...
The original one is Denso but I got the combatible ist between Bosch,Denso & NGKYa, the saleman told me that also..life span is from 80 to 100k. .
Just today I got another problem, my right side mirror KO...dismantle it and found that the gear bracket was "snap" guess someone has "push" it by force... now permanently screwed up. The power to it unplug & I got "SMART" word lite up on the dashboard is it cos by the disconnected power to the side mirror?Left side still working ok. Got one 2nd in kl but got 9 wires ..mine has 11 wires. will need to source in spore next week. Am back home till the weekend now.
Getting bulk spare parts in spore ?..no problem bro.just let me know the part number & I will check out the availabilty & cost.

cheers.

Hi Travies & Cheong,

Welcome to our forum.

Exceptional Auto Parts selling the iridium NGK for RM70 a piece, 2.4 and 3.0 Ely uses different gap but the price is the same.

I have problem with side mirror once, my right side mirror was forced to fold and I used the switch to unfold it. It managed to unfold it but the motors kept on running but cannot fold anymore and confirmed spoilt. Maybe if this happened to anyone try to unfold it manually first.

I bought the new side mirror but it didn't match the color of my car. So it needed to be sprayed, the workshop used my fuel lid as a sample to determine the color code but weird things happened after I got home. Yeah, the SMART light was on because it was unplug and the car didn't lock automatic anymore. The next morning the car battery was drained flat and the left power door was not firmly shut. That cost me a new car battery.

After the new side mirror was installed but the SMART ligh was still on. USF can't fingure out and they said they get back to me. Two weeks no results and then strange ghostly things started to happen. Intermittenly, the engine light was on, the left power door refused to open (I notice you cannot manually over ride it). I got tired of those ghosts and went to honda SC, they tried the OBD and only got the code (right side mirror circuit open) but don't know what to do with it.

Well, I magyver the side mirror. It has 2 motors inside, one for folding and one for tilting the mirror. It has a LED signal light and the mirror has a heater. The extra two wires is for the key less antenna. Took out the antenna and connect it to the new side mirror, unplug the car battery terminal ...walah it is fine now.

Regards,
smile_cool.gif

kwcheong

Posted 09 September 2010 - 04:06 PM

kwcheong

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
QUOTE (roselan58 @ Sep 9 2010, 03:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Travies & Cheong,

Welcome to our forum.

Exceptional Auto Parts selling the iridium NGK for RM70 a piece, 2.4 and 3.0 Ely uses different gap but the price is the same.

I have problem with side mirror once, my right side mirror was forced to fold and I used the switch to unfold it. It managed to unfold it but the motors kept on running but cannot fold anymore and confirmed spoilt. Maybe if this happened to anyone try to unfold it manually first.

I bought the new side mirror but it didn't match the color of my car. So it needed to be sprayed, the workshop used my fuel lid as a sample to determine the color code but weird things happened after I got home. Yeah, the SMART light was on because it was unplug and the car didn't lock automatic anymore. The next morning the car battery was drained flat and the left power door was not firmly shut. That cost me a new car battery.

After the new side mirror was installed but the SMART ligh was still on. USF can't fingure out and they said they get back to me. Two weeks no results and then strange ghostly things started to happen. Intermittenly, the engine light was on, the left power door refused to open (I notice you cannot manually over ride it). I got tired of those ghosts and went to honda SC, they tried the OBD and only got the code (right side mirror circuit open) but don't know what to do with it.

Well, I magyver the side mirror. It has 2 motors inside, one for folding and one for tilting the mirror. It has a LED signal light and the mirror has a heater. The extra two wires is for the key less antenna. Took out the antenna and connect it to the new side mirror, unplug the car battery terminal ...walah it is fine now.

Regards,
smile_cool.gif

hi Roslan58,

A very Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri.
Thanks for the report on your experience with the side mirror.
Have sourced one with 11 wires in KL...the damage will be rm900. haven't decide whether to get it or not. still complitating whether there is any problem without replacing it even with the SMART light ON. So, does that means after i replace it I need to do a OBD?..( what does it means?)

regards

roselan58

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:15 PM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (kwcheong @ Sep 9 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi Roslan58,

A very Selamat Hari Raya Aidil Fitri.
Thanks for the report on your experience with the side mirror.
Have sourced one with 11 wires in KL...the damage will be rm900. haven't decide whether to get it or not. still complitating whether there is any problem without replacing it even with the SMART light ON. So, does that means after i replace it I need to do a OBD?..( what does it means?)

regards

Cheong,

Thanks. I got mine for rm900 too but less two wires! ...grrrrrrrrrr

OBD is to reset the 'open hell gates'. For 'open circuit' side mirror, whatever they reset it that hell gate resumes to open.

Other alternative is to unplug the one batterry terminal for more than 30min, this will set the system to default, you will notice that the HDD clock will set to 1:00pm after the engine started.

Regards,
smile_cool.gif

panthera

Posted 10 September 2010 - 12:34 AM

panthera

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Travies,

My wife just got the Elysion from USF - 2.4L and i was looking out for some info on the navi system when i came across this forum. We had checked out Estima prior to this and i must say that the build quality for the Elysion is far better. And its brand new.

Ours dont come with a cruise control, not sure if others do. No 2nd row LCD too nor the Power rear door. Hope you're not discouraged by now.

Fuel consumption so far is about 7-8km/l - i topped up $125 full tank, close to about 60 litres and did about 468km before refueling at the last quarter tank mark. 55ltrs was the next tank. Cant say its got good consumption but its 2.4L and we wouldnt have gotten anything that size with a smaller engine. In hind sight, we might consider the 3L if we knew there was one as those has got all the tech you find on the website.

Dont get me wrong, the car is pretty loaded too, but not with the front sensors, VSA and Cruise control but everything else is in it. I dont think there is a USB point, but from what i know, you can get a PC Card for an SD or Compact Flash to upload media. There is a Hard Disk Drive, i guess its HDD?? but i'm not sure of its capacity. Whatever CD i load up so far has been recorded and i dont need it a second time since its all in a jukebox.

The radio frequency wont go above 900mhz but i guess that's normal for JDM imports. Heard even a booster may not help much since its dependant on location and the quality is bad if you ever get reception - perhaps, someone can comment otherwise. But today, i accidently hit the TV function and managed to get HitzFM or Mix Fm - either one of it, a Chinese Station and a Hindi one too. but that was all there is.

I wished we had researched more before the purchase but my wife had interests in the VW GTI before she delivered our baby boy, when her outlook took a 180 degree turn. So above are a few observations for you prior to your purchase and one more feedback - thought the soundproofing isnt great (but i never test drove an estima nor any MPV either) - suggest you test drive it cuz we didnt as the decision was made based on getting a brand new, good looking and superb interior quality MPV for the kids. It might have to do with those Yoko Aspec which it came with - and i hope its so.

The blue hue on the dials are not there (not a bad thing though) and will take it back to USF for service and fix after Raya. But all else works like a new car should.

So, the bad - soundproofing and soft handling (should be able to be fixed with aftermarket shocks)
And the good - brand new, pretty loaded, better looking MPV and great build quality on the interior.

Hope the above helps and good luck with your purchase.

BTW, can anyone help to point me to a place that can change the Navi to English? Read on earlier thread but didnt exactly read how and where it could be done.

Thanks and Selamat Hari Raya!

leongts

Posted 10 September 2010 - 08:08 AM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
cheong,

OBD is On-Board Diagnostic. You can see alerts and infos on your car system by plugging the OBN scanner into its port in our cars. All SC should have it and some mechs out there have it too. Bro. dcspeed knows one independent mech that has this OBD scanner and his charges is reasonable too. But I think he is located quite far from your residence. Detail on his service is a few pages back I think.

Panthera,

Welcome. Congrats on your purchase. On the FM reception with booster, mine is receiveing very well and sound is crystal clear but only in KV area. Part of the problem is I didn't bother to tune to frequencies for other states as I will change to SC (Sound Container) aka Jukebox or DVD coz my kid will ask for it.

Soundproofing is an expensive exercise. You can change the tyre to a quieter ones or use sound deadening materials. Both are expensive. I am using Michelin Primacy LC and its road noise is very low. Down side is handling also go down a notch coz comfort/quiet tyres don't handle that great/well. Not that LC has no grip but just that the car rolls more at corners due to its soft sidewall. Its a trade off thing.

As for sound deadening, quite a few shops can do it professionally or if you're feeling adventurous, go DIY. smile_tongue.gif Normally those car accessories shops, or more specifically professional car audio installers have the needed experience on where to apply those sound deadening material.

If you're thinking of changing your stock suspension to something after market, give bro. dcspeed a beep as he has this plan in mind too. Maybe you both can share each others note.

Regards.

travies

Posted 11 September 2010 - 07:35 PM

travies

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi Panthera,

Im going for a test drive of elysion on tomorrow. Do you mind to tell me how much u bought your elysion from USF? is your unit 2008 brand new 2.4 ?

Anyone can share if elysion soundproofing is bad than estima or alphard?

Thanks

roselan58

Posted 12 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

roselan58

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
QUOTE (travies @ Sep 11 2010, 07:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Panthera,

Im going for a test drive of elysion on tomorrow. Do you mind to tell me how much u bought your elysion from USF? is your unit 2008 brand new 2.4 ?

Anyone can share if elysion soundproofing is bad than estima or alphard?

Thanks

Hi Travies,

Try the 3.0L too, it has noise cancellation. But being a japaneses car, the japs like to feel the ground rather than floating smile_approve.gif . Free to browse this link http://www.honda.co.jp/manual/elysion/

Regards,
smile_cool.gif

dcspeed

Posted 12 September 2010 - 02:38 PM

dcspeed

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Salam Aidilfitri, Maaf Zahir & Batin...

wow... 3 weeks never login and already got so many posts... glad to know there are more and more new owners of Elysion... Welcome everyone!!!

talk about soundproof on our elysion, frankly speaking, I feel very happy with it... probably due to my previous ride was too noisy with its Greddy Trust Ti Beatmax Titanium Exhaust System...

my elysion soundproof even go better after I upgrade to the Pirelli Pzero Rosso tyres which combine high performance and a high degree of comfort on my ride. my advise, please check your tyre that comes with the ride if you complaining about the road noise on your Elysion, try to avoid those "V" thread tyre... never play a fool with tyres, it is the only parts from your ride who sticks to the ground and during emergency, it is the most essential parts that determine the safety of the passengers...

no need to think about those what "foam" that "foam" or any other soundproof in the market... it is just a marketing tactics to make business... use the money to get some decent tyres, it is anytime worth money paid!

the suspension system that comes with the Elysion is more on the comfortable tuned setup, it serves the daily driving well.. but for a van with 7 passengers inside, I dun think I will whack corner with it... haha... that's too dangerous even you are using some branded japanese made adjustable shocks... but I am interested on the module concepts sport suspension system that can lower our ride for 12mm to give a sporty look...

bro roselan's elysion already installed a 2nd LCD monitor for the rear passenger... quite big also 10" or something... my buddy new ACR50 also just installed a 10" LCD monitor for less than RM1k at a audio accessories shop near Pudu... I will be going there soon to check out whether it can fit on our ride as well...

bro roselan, so how is your rear bumper lip? fixed on your own or claim 3rd party insurance? let me know if anything I can help... I can help u check how much if only the rear mugen lip cost... anyway, thanks for your info that other day, managed to meet my client on time and close the deal... hahaha... next TT on me...

cheers,
DC

panthera

Posted 14 September 2010 - 04:46 PM

panthera

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Leong,

Thanks for your feedback. i might just add the booster.

Travies,

Yes. Its brand new and the promotion price is $219,999 - all in its abuot $224K on the road including insurance. Its 2008, brand new - you can choose the vehicle and book the chasis numbers. Most of them are within 10 to 30km on the odometer. There's the silver and black only now.

After a month of driving, i wont regret getting a 3.0 if there was a new one. 2.4L is good enough to move the vehicle but i would have preferred a tad more juice on the pedal. i wont go as far to say the 2.4 is under powered though. Its just my opinion.

Anyways, the Elysion is my wife's and she hasnt complained a bit - she's one driver with a heavy foot too if you catch my drift. smile.gif

I would agree with Roslan that the tires are the root of the sound issue and choosing a good tire should help overcome that. Maybe you can ask USF for better tires if you do choose to go with the Elysion. It's probably got more novelty than the Toyota MPVs as there are less Elysion around and you wont have much to complain about the interior.

Good luck!

ryzam

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:08 PM

ryzam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Hi elysion owners ..

I'm searching good SC to service my elysion.. last time send to ARATA AUTO Klang,
please suggest..