Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

VW Golf GTI M6

• Please log in to reply

whitestorm

Posted 24 April 2011 - 11:57 AM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (HC2iVTEC @ Apr 24 2011, 10:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif smile_thumbup.gif

Unfortunately, there are ppl who wish to dwell on the -ve, pessimistic, sob stories,... and these ppl don't even own the car!

I suppose he is doing a research on his next car purchase. But he's like what you said, too pessimistic despite having us sharing our experience with out cars with him. Luckily he's not deciding on a Pug308. That'll scar him for life looking at the issues the 308s have.

sramesh, bro you seem to have decided against the VW from your posts. I'm not saying VW is the best. All car marques & models have their individual issues. Name we one that does not. It's really the matter of how much of it can you live with.

There are plenty of Alfa lovers out there despite their reliability issues. But their love & passion for the Alfas drive them to another level which a non-Alfa lover would never understand. I suppose you can say the same about VDub lovers like us here.
Same for the hardcore Honda & Toyota fans too.

VDub lovers will go all out to ensure our DSG trannies & TSI engines are well maintained even if it chalks up higher servicing bills - hence you will see/hear alot of us sending in for interim servicing on-top of our regular check-ups at SCs.

At the end of it, you'll have to decide with what you want to live with & can live with. You mentioned you had good experience with Honda & Toyota and the Accord is one of your options. I can tell you I've had friends having issues with their Accords & Honda's service. I personally had bad experience with Honda - the Civic and Jazz & their SCs.

Just remember that everyone's expectations are different.

machiato

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:05 PM

machiato

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
QUOTE (sramesh @ Apr 23 2011, 06:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Any 1.4 TSI owners experiencing DSG problems with their 7 speed dry clutch tranny? Heard that VW solved the mechatronics issue in the 2011 batch.

Yes. My Dec 2010 Golf TSI is having juddering of vehicle, engine check light blinking while accelerating. Sent to SC, they said they updated gearbox software after an overnight. Collected my car the next day, problem came back. Sending to SC again tomorrow!!!!

sramesh

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:42 AM

sramesh

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
QUOTE (machiato @ Apr 29 2011, 08:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes. My Dec 2010 Golf TSI is having juddering of vehicle, engine check light blinking while accelerating. Sent to SC, they said they updated gearbox software after an overnight. Collected my car the next day, problem came back. Sending to SC again tomorrow!!!!

Hmmm...this is very disappointing for a brand new car. Hopefully it wasn't caused by the SC screw up during first service. I'm still holding on to the booking. Please keep us posted.

tiganasfx

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:59 AM

tiganasfx

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (whitestorm @ Apr 24 2011, 11:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I suppose he is doing a research on his next car purchase. But he's like what you said, too pessimistic despite having us sharing our experience with out cars with him. Luckily he's not deciding on a Pug308. That'll scar him for life looking at the issues the 308s have.

sramesh, bro you seem to have decided against the VW from your posts. I'm not saying VW is the best. All car marques & models have their individual issues. Name we one that does not. It's really the matter of how much of it can you live with.

There are plenty of Alfa lovers out there despite their reliability issues. But their love & passion for the Alfas drive them to another level which a non-Alfa lover would never understand. I suppose you can say the same about VDub lovers like us here.
Same for the hardcore Honda & Toyota fans too.

VDub lovers will go all out to ensure our DSG trannies & TSI engines are well maintained even if it chalks up higher servicing bills - hence you will see/hear alot of us sending in for interim servicing on-top of our regular check-ups at SCs.

At the end of it, you'll have to decide with what you want to live with & can live with. You mentioned you had good experience with Honda & Toyota and the Accord is one of your options. I can tell you I've had friends having issues with their Accords & Honda's service. I personally had bad experience with Honda - the Civic and Jazz & their SCs.

Just remember that everyone's expectations are different.

Could be a T/H salesman pretending to be a buyer and discouraging anyone who do.

ckcspice

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:29 AM

ckcspice

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 279 posts
Hmmm... Maybe???....

QUOTE (tiganasfx @ Apr 30 2011, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
CoulZd be a T/H salesman pretending to be a buyer and discouraging anyone who do.

teeaseye

Posted 30 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

teeaseye

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts
QUOTE (tiganasfx @ Apr 30 2011, 09:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could be a T/H salesman pretending to be a buyer and discouraging anyone who do.

This definitely cannot discount the possibility. This is after all an open public forum. Anyone can register a nick and do as they wish - to alter perception, to deceit, to con, to bad mouth a brand, u name it... smile_tongue.gif

br1

Posted 30 April 2011 - 06:18 PM

br1

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,825 posts
QUOTE (whitestorm @ Apr 24 2011, 11:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice bro, 2 Golfs in the house! You part of the Golf Club bro?
I agree with you that our GTIs need to be taken out for regular sprints / hard driving...

Bro br1,

You MUST test drive the GTI!

lOOK c Look c - IS HAPPY LAH, NOW JUST TRYING TO TAME IT 1ST BY TOUCHING CAR BODY, OK! HAHAHAH
DONT WANT TO SIT AND START & HOLD THE STEERING!
OR ????? smile_shock.gif

whitestorm

Posted 30 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

whitestorm

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 313 posts
QUOTE (br1 @ Apr 30 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lOOK c Look c - IS HAPPY LAH, NOW JUST TRYING TO TAME IT 1ST BY TOUCHING CAR BODY, OK! HAHAHAH
DONT WANT TO SIT AND START & HOLD THE STEERING!
OR ????? smile_shock.gif

Come I take you on a taxi ride in mine biggrin.gif

Mikhai

Posted 12 July 2011 - 09:35 PM

Mikhai

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 294 posts
Look at the join date of person who complains.
Usually they just register to post one or two negative things, then gone.

So what do you think?
Only give some thoughts on the senior forumers' advise, IMO.