Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

VW Golf GTI M6

• Please log in to reply

tm8080

Posted 23 March 2010 - 12:20 AM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
Please help...

The car went into save mode again even after they'd fixed it, simulated the problem and returned it to me about 4 days ago. I drove it around this evening and it kicked in.

Am really upset.. i did everything took pictures, advise them how it occured which led them to 'simulate' the car to experience the incident themselves. They upgraded the software, imported parts from SG etc..

Who can I speak to,what can I do.. i cant be spending all my time in the service centre. Car is not cheap, i pay hard earned money for this unit. I need a new unit, period.

pat1988

Posted 23 March 2010 - 08:00 AM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (matrix73 @ Mar 21 2010, 12:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HI Bro,

Did Vw fixed your gear box problem? I am actually going to buy tis car but having a second thought now. Are ufrom Pg?

Regards

Alex

Don't buy ! Period ! Look at his last posting. In this scenario, I would expect the dealer to take the car in for at least a week to test and offer a courtesy car meanwhile. Will VW dealers do this? I doubt.

When spending so much money, dealer back-up is crucial. I would get something from BMW, Merc or Lexus if I were you. Less exciting, yes. But less headache (although it may not be zero headache!). Why not try the Mini Cooper S ? smile_thumbup.gif

GuyM

Posted 23 March 2010 - 01:18 PM

GuyM

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
Go seek opinion/help here VW GTi Msia smile_thumbup.gif

tm8080

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:41 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (klakaseram @ Mar 8 2010, 11:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
good, at least they know there is a problem smile_thumbup.gif
that's the first step - identify the problem
the next step - find a solution. Hopefully they do it right smile_tongue.gif

My car went into the workshop again, exactly 4 days after they'd returned it to me after they said they fixed it. They said they changed the 'megatronic' software. Plus the technician had also confirmed that this could be due to a temperature control issue, hence the gears cannot engage when there's a change in temperature.

tm8080

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:45 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ Mar 23 2010, 08:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don't buy ! Period ! Look at his last posting. In this scenario, I would expect the dealer to take the car in for at least a week to test and offer a courtesy car meanwhile. Will VW dealers do this? I doubt.

When spending so much money, dealer back-up is crucial. I would get something from BMW, Merc or Lexus if I were you. Less exciting, yes. But less headache (although it may not be zero headache!). Why not try the Mini Cooper S ? smile_thumbup.gif

I absolutely agree. I would really appreciate if everybody here in this forum could tell as many as 1 or 2 friends and relatives of yours not to buy a VW GTI.

And to think that I should be enjoying for what I've paid for, my car is back in the workshop for the 2nd time!

I've got a mini cooper as well.. its not that bad. Plus there's 24 hour road assistance.

tm8080

Posted 27 March 2010 - 02:58 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (skykruzr @ Mar 5 2010, 08:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro,

Hv the sc try checking out the dsg gearbx temperature sensor. It has cause problem else where and it's fixable.

Jus try yr luck,

Skykruzr

Skykruzr, thanks for your advice. The service centre team changed the megatronic software in the gearbox. But its not working.. car's gone back into the workshop for the 2nd time, about 4 days after they had fixed it.

I am sure its fixable, but am not sure how many times do they need to treat my car like a 'test' car to fix this problem.

My car mileage came back 500km more when i sent it in for the first time. I even have pictures to proof it as I took the advice in recording the incidences, hence I was taking pictures of the dashboard when this all happened. Sigh

tm8080

Posted 27 March 2010 - 03:11 PM

tm8080

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
QUOTE (droll @ Mar 5 2010, 02:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just to clarify something, tm8080. VW Malaysia is the principle. they don't sell cars directly to consumers. they appoint dealers to do that (plus servicing). so companies like goh brothers, wearnes, fa wagen, veemer are the ones we deal with directly.

the next time it happens, pull over to the side of the road and take out your phone to record what you see on the dashboard. and if you have a passenger with you, get him/her to record the behaviour on the phone while you are driving / slowing down. i found that that helped when i sent my car back for intermittent corrupted graphics on the headunit. the photos i took with
my phone was sufficient evidence for them to immediately work on my issue (and they resolved it).

droll- I am aware of whois the principal and the dealers. Problem am facing here is the dealer i.e. Goh Brothers from Penang, Joa Chim who is the regional sales manager has not been assisting me at all. He has been giving me 'empty promises' e.g. unreplied emails, phone calls which ends with " I will look into this" but never once I have received an answer from him. All these while, I have been getting advice from the forum and liasing with the service centre manager on my own accord. If I were to continue to wait for him to revert I will never get the car fixed the first time, let alone when it happened for the second time. I have not heard once even from Joa chim despite the fact that he was copied in every single email since the day it happened. He responded to one email which says "I will update you" but no update came after that.

Imagine if you had to deal with a dealer with this type of attitude, doesnt that tell me how much about his attitude towards his customers? My family had bought not 1 but 2 cars over the past 2 years from this dealer, taking into consideration the fact that VW has about 10 models available in the Malaysian market.

Also many thanks for your advice i.e. to take a picture of the dashboard while driving. Unfortunately its insufficient, for them to find a solution. However this method had help me proof that the mileage of my car had increased by 500km when they returned my car to me upon the first rectification. If each time this happens, my car will be terribly de-valued. Not due to me driving it but because VW has to test it, simulate it, treating my 90 days old car like a test unit, under the pretext of compulsory testing to ensure 'road worthiness".

klakaseram

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:46 PM

klakaseram

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
this reminds me to Proton SC. What a shame for a such big name smile_disapprove.gif
Anyway try your luck with Wearnes and pray..

pat1988

Posted 29 March 2010 - 07:51 AM

pat1988

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
QUOTE (klakaseram @ Mar 28 2010, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
this reminds me to Proton SC. What a shame for a such big name smile_disapprove.gif
Anyway try your luck with Wearnes and pray..

So sorry to hear all this folks. I was going to buy a Mk6 GTI as well but opted for the MB E200 CGI instead as I need space. So far CCB and Daimler Malaysia have been great. I work in Singapore and they even return calls to my Singapore number immediately. Responsiveness is no issue as the Daimler people even discuss potential technical issues with me for half and hour on long distance call.

That's why I recommend MB or BMW. I was using a BMW for many years. Although AB service is so-so only, if you shout loud enough to the right people at HQ or at BMW Malaysia HQ, your problem will be solved. AB even gave me a courtesy car for 3 days for goodwill warranty issues after my car was 3 years old. VW Malaysia is not there yet. So, I suggest wait for GTI Mk7 and see their track record in the next 5/6 years before buying any kind of VW in Malaysia or even Singapore. It's just as bad in Singapore I heard.

raymondcn

Posted 29 March 2010 - 10:57 PM

raymondcn

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts
QUOTE (pat1988 @ Mar 29 2010, 07:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So sorry to hear all this folks. I was going to buy a Mk6 GTI as well but opted for the MB E200 CGI instead as I need space. So far CCB and Daimler Malaysia have been great. I work in Singapore and they even return calls to my Singapore number immediately. Responsiveness is no issue as the Daimler people even discuss potential technical issues with me for half and hour on long distance call.

That's why I recommend MB or BMW. I was using a BMW for many years. Although AB service is so-so only, if you shout loud enough to the right people at HQ or at BMW Malaysia HQ, your problem will be solved. AB even gave me a courtesy car for 3 days for goodwill warranty issues after my car was 3 years old. VW Malaysia is not there yet. So, I suggest wait for GTI Mk7 and see their track record in the next 5/6 years before buying any kind of VW in Malaysia or even Singapore. It's just as bad in Singapore I heard.

I own a Golk MK5 GTI for the past 2.5 years.
Performance is great but the service and reliability is terrible.
Well, the rear light was making noises and was replaced under warranty.
Then the spark plug coil was faulty and has to be towed back to diagnose and replace.
Finally just after 2 years the headlining peeled off from its place and I was angry as when I sent the car in for repair (6 weeks in total due to unavailable spare parts) it was OK but when I took delivery of the car headlining came off its place.
Complained to the workshop and they said that Oh!!! it does happen to VW cars.
Then I complained to VW Malaysia and the do not entertain much.
Thereafter I sent emails to all the VW headquarters in the world.
Finally got an email but the German site and they said they can only be a mediator and cannot do much.
Well to sum it up.I will "NEVER" buy another VW car anymore in my life.
I will also advise all my friends "NOT" to buy a VW.
For your information I have owned 2 Mercedes Benz(300SE&E280),E46 BMW 328 and Japanese cars before.
I would rate the Mercedes the best cars around.
One thing for sure the headlining is still intact after 14 years.
Both Mercedes and VW are fully imported.
Talk about German quality.
What make is also important.
Raymond