Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Revised Kia Forte With 6-speed Transmission

• Please log in to reply

ryder

Posted 16 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Thanks for the information Magura. That explains it.

The new updated 6-speed Kia Forte is certainly looking good with all the new features and updated 6 speed auto transmission. A value buy compared to the Honda City, Toyota Vios and Proton Inspira. I reckon it's currently the best value sedan vehicle below RM100k.

numbertwo

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:07 PM

numbertwo

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 307 posts
what abt the suspension? still torsion beam ?

jayraptor

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:51 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Feb 14 2011, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Care to post the link to the times above? 9.8s appears to be rather impressive for the 2.0. What is the top speed of this thing?

I got them while reading carmags at MPH bookstore. You can check this month's issue, forgot which publisher. SA said the new 6-speed Forte already launched here but they just kept quiet about the launch. Wonder why so mysterious, even the Sorento display units are available but no test unit yet.

jie103

Posted 20 February 2011 - 12:51 PM

jie103

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 311 posts
Have test drove the Forte 6 Speeds for a short ride, my impression is wow....it is quite powerful. Wondering whether it share the same engine with hyundai sonata?

jayraptor

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:28 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (jie103 @ Feb 20 2011, 12:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have test drove the Forte 6 Speeds for a short ride, my impression is wow....it is quite powerful. Wondering whether it share the same engine with hyundai sonata?

Maybe I should find an opportunity to get test drive and compare with my current ride when checking the Sorento. I hope I don't feel regret. Wanted to tryout the 0-100km/h. If the 1.6 with 6-speed could really achieve 0-100km/h in 11.5s, that is equivalent to 1.8L category considered real good for a C-segment 1.6. Most C-segment with 1.6L engine stock could only get 12s or higher.