Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Waja 1.8 Autobox Prob!

• Please log in to reply

Gunnerzz

Posted 28 October 2009 - 04:53 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (artakuz @ Oct 28 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your reply sifu Gunnerzz... trink39.gif
Yes there is some jerking when the gear slip to the 3rd gear. I wonder if you know where I can get that solenoid valve and the cost of it if possible? As for the atf, i just changed it and only around 7k has passed since then, do i need to change it again? and do anyone know the place where I can flush the GB and the cost of it if possible? Btw, I live in KL and commute to Tangkak,weekly and JB once a month, any workshop recommended in these 3 places?

Tengkiu...

If u are using the specified atf then it is fine.
On the solenoid valve,try asking large spare part shop.
Most of the time they wont hav it in stock but can order it for u.
Price if not mistaken around RM280-RM350.
Dont trust if mech said the gearbox is kong as the DPO gb is very tough if maintained it properly.

However u did mention it is fine for 1-2 month after u change the atf.
U might want to consider flushing the atf 1st as solenoid valve problem are there to stay and dont come and go as it like.
On recomended workshop i dunno about kl but in JB u can try ask abg splitfire,kohf1drive,or arazakmy.

Splitfire......where are u.....someone need your help here.

artakuz

Posted 28 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

artakuz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Sifu Gunerzz, cool.gif

Tengkiu for the advice, i'll try to flush the GB first and see the result afterward.
And before i forgot somebody recommend me to use "Royal Purple fully synthetic ATF", Lubegard Platinum for the GB and Lubegard ATF Flush for flushing, any harm using these types of ATF & Lubeguard or not? As from the threads i found, only Elf Renaultmatic D3 is the only recommended ATF (or compulsory i rather say) for this 1.8 car...

Sifu splitfire,kohf1drive, and arazakmy, pls share your view on this matter becoz i know you all are called sifus for a reason (Jeck sikit) Hehehe... tongue.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 29 October 2009 - 12:16 AM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (artakuz @ Oct 28 2009, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sifu Gunerzz, cool.gif

Tengkiu for the advice, i'll try to flush the GB first and see the result afterward.
And before i forgot somebody recommend me to use "Royal Purple fully synthetic ATF", Lubegard Platinum for the GB and Lubegard ATF Flush for flushing, any harm using these types of ATF & Lubeguard or not? As from the threads i found, only Elf Renaultmatic D3 is the only recommended ATF (or compulsory i rather say) for this 1.8 car...

Sifu splitfire,kohf1drive, and arazakmy, pls share your view on this matter becoz i know you all are called sifus for a reason (Jeck sikit) Hehehe... tongue.gif

No sifu la,
the real sifu on 1.8 is arazakmy.But he dont visit here that often anymore.
On the atf brand,if it is compatible (Dexron III) then there should be no problem.
This thread oso hav some brand other than ELF renaultmatic that other 1.8 owner hav used.
Its much safer to try something that others hav tried and satisfied with.
From the manual there is an Esso ATF which can be used on the 1.8 but i dont recall the model.
My advice is to stick with ELF Renaultmatic D3 and if u want to flush only use the same fluid oso.
Dont play around unless u confident it is compatible.

mfj

Posted 29 October 2009 - 02:46 PM

mfj

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
QUOTE (artakuz @ Oct 28 2009, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for your reply sifu Gunnerzz... trink39.gif
Yes there is some jerking when the gear slip to the 3rd gear. I wonder if you know where I can get that solenoid valve and the cost of it if possible? As for the atf, i just changed it and only around 7k has passed since then, do i need to change it again? and do anyone know the place where I can flush the GB and the cost of it if possible? Btw, I live in KL and commute to Tangkak,weekly and JB once a month, any workshop recommended in these 3 places?

Tengkiu...

have u go to perfection garage?subang bestari

artakuz

Posted 29 October 2009 - 04:45 PM

artakuz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
QUOTE (mfj @ Oct 29 2009, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
have u go to perfection garage?subang bestari

Hi mfj,

I did go to that place once, and the mech said the problem is with the GB and advised me to get new GB or used GB... "Get new GB/used GB" you just know how much it wud cost me for new GB/Used GB... smile_shock.gif
So i really need advise from the sifus here and/or the forumers... Thanks..

kohf1drive

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:26 PM

kohf1drive

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,077 posts
Sifu Gunerzz, cool.gif

Bro
You can try auto transmission workshop at Jln Tampoi near f&n opposite is chop shop (along the street is proton edar)
As i work nearby, everyday can see all sort of car service over there (some are major service that last more than a week)
Last month my colleague fuel pump emergency failure change over there with RM400
Every friday night got tt at Danga bay opposite rumah limas, maybe can meet bro Arazakmy n other WPC member

SplitFire

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:27 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
QUOTE (kohf1drive @ Oct 29 2009, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro
You can try auto transmission workshop at Jln Tampoi near f&n opposite is chop shop (along the street is proton edar)
As i work nearby, everyday can see all sort of car service over there (some are major service that last more than a week)
Last month my colleague fuel pump emergency failure change over there with RM400
Every friday night got tt at Danga bay opposite rumah limas, maybe can meet bro Arazakmy n other WPC member

Ah koh, you mean Street Car izit? That's a good PESC. So far I think best in town.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

SplitFire

Posted 31 October 2009 - 02:29 AM

SplitFire

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,878 posts
Sifu Gunerzz, cool.gif

artakuz bro,

1.8 model I really did not dare to simply comment. Very different from my 4G18P. If you can find Bang Razak then it'll be good.
Ram me if you can!

SplitFire

artakuz

Posted 02 November 2009 - 08:48 PM

artakuz

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
Bro Koh,

I only going back to jb on the Saturday dawn/morning, so cannot join tt @ jb, saturday can lah...
Anyway, tengkiu for your info, will visit the shop once going back to jb...

Bro SF,

I thought u are one of the sifus here? "merendah diri" ya... smile_tongue.gif

Anyhow, tengkiu for the info(s) shared...

p/s: my power steering pressure switch cracked again for the 3rd time in 5 months (have to find my 4th pressure switch ASAP) anyone know where i can get the new one at cheap price? (My luck wif this car is very2 not good lor) smile_cry.gif

Gunnerzz

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:36 PM

Gunnerzz

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,102 posts
QUOTE (artakuz @ Nov 2 2009, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Koh,

I only going back to jb on the Saturday dawn/morning, so cannot join tt @ jb, saturday can lah...
Anyway, tengkiu for your info, will visit the shop once going back to jb...

Bro SF,

I thought u are one of the sifus here? "merendah diri" ya... smile_tongue.gif

Anyhow, tengkiu for the info(s) shared...

p/s: my power steering pressure switch cracked again for the 3rd time in 5 months (have to find my 4th pressure switch ASAP) anyone know where i can get the new one at cheap price? (My luck wif this car is very2 not good lor) smile_cry.gif

SF is mitsu sifu but he should know good shop around JB.

Pressure switch?Which one is it?
Can u post the pic oso.