Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Puspakom Transfer Of Ownership Inspection

• Please log in to reply

daffo

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:27 PM

daffo

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
All private vehicles have to undergo physical mandatory inspection to certify that they comply with all the rules and regulation prior to transfer of ownership. Under the amendments, effective June 15, all used vehicles for sale will undergo Puspakom's 18-point inspection to ensure their road worthiness. Does that mean that buying 2nd hand car is now 'safer' than before with the puspakom report on condition of the car? Is this reducing the risk of getting a 2nd hand car?

wanida

Posted 12 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (daffo @ Jul 12 2011, 04:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All private vehicles have to undergo physical mandatory inspection to certify that they comply with all the rules and regulation prior to transfer of ownership. Under the amendments, effective June 15, all used vehicles for sale will undergo Puspakom's 18-point inspection to ensure their road worthiness. Does that mean that buying 2nd hand car is now 'safer' than before with the puspakom report on condition of the car? Is this reducing the risk of getting a 2nd hand car?

certainly...i just bought used ACR30 last week, no time to test drive..saw the Puspakom B7 results, "passed" quickly submit for loan.. smile_thumbup.gif

icarimpv

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:18 AM

icarimpv

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
You don't test drive it? Puspakom 18's point check covers the followings:

1. Glass area
2. Condition of the body
3. Wheelhouse
4. Pillars
5. Cut and joint
6. Floor
7. Type of fuel
8. Chassis frame
9. Tyres
10. Engine mounting
11. Air-condition system
12. Odometer reading
13. CNG system for NGV
14. Side-slip test (to check the alignment of two front tyres)
15. Emission
16. Suspension
17. Brake system
18. Under carriage inspection that consists cut and joint, floor, chassis frame, engine mounting, exhaust system including muffler and gearbox (visual inspection for leakages etc).

Most of them are visible inspection. Perhaps from there, they are able to pick up some fault or quality issue but I think driving the car is still a must to test something that the 18-point inspection doesn't reveal.

wanida

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:36 PM

wanida

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
QUOTE (icarimpv @ Jul 13 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You don't test drive it? Puspakom 18's point check covers the followings:

1. Glass area
2. Condition of the body
3. Wheelhouse
4. Pillars
5. Cut and joint
6. Floor
7. Type of fuel
8. Chassis frame
9. Tyres
10. Engine mounting
11. Air-condition system
12. Odometer reading
13. CNG system for NGV
14. Side-slip test (to check the alignment of two front tyres)
15. Emission
16. Suspension
17. Brake system
18. Under carriage inspection that consists cut and joint, floor, chassis frame, engine mounting, exhaust system including muffler and gearbox (visual inspection for leakages etc).

Most of them are visible inspection. Perhaps from there, they are able to pick up some fault or quality issue but I think driving the car is still a must to test something that the 18-point inspection doesn't reveal.

i totally agree with u and no doubt that i'd taken the risk here..luckily the car serves me well except for minor balancing/allignment issue..the rest ok so far.. smile_thumbup.gif

Khongts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:45 PM

Khongts

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Who is responsible to arrange for Puspakom inspection, is it the seller or buyer?
If you are trading in the car to a 2nd hand dealer, would the inspection be done by the dealer?
Is there a validity period of the inspection?

lancer1981

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:39 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (Khongts @ Oct 2 2011, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who is responsible to arrange for Puspakom inspection, is it the seller or buyer?

Reported in the papers it is the seller and validity 30days.

Have wheels will ride, beats walking.

kelvyn

Posted 03 October 2011 - 04:48 PM

kelvyn

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
Let's say you as the seller is selling your car to the second hand dealer.
You got your car inspected and obtained the Puspakom Inspection Cert. As it is valid only for 30 days and the car might be with the dealer for more than 30 days before it finds a new buyer, do it mean that there is need to have another inspection when the new buyer takes over the car?
Then, who has to pay for the 2nd inspection?

lancer1981

Posted 03 October 2011 - 11:18 PM

lancer1981

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 570 posts
QUOTE (kelvyn @ Oct 3 2011, 04:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's say you as the seller is selling your car to the second hand dealer.
You got your car inspected and obtained the Puspakom Inspection Cert. As it is valid only for 30 days and the car might be with the dealer for more than 30 days before it finds a new buyer, do it mean that there is need to have another inspection when the new buyer takes over the car?
Then, who has to pay for the 2nd inspection?

As published in the papers, cars sold to 2nd hand dealers are recorded temporary with JPJ and will officially transfer name after the cars are sold. The temp arrangement is only applicable for limited period but I cannot remember the exact number of days. No report of 2nd inspection, I think we have to ask the dealers or JPJ for clarification. This is all I can remember.
Have wheels will ride, beats walking.