Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Civic Or Sylphy

• Please log in to reply

kly

Posted 02 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

kly

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts
Just to share my own view here, I’m very happy with this Sylphy after 2 test drive...

What i like on it :
-Luxury feel inside, feel great vs civic/altis on the plastic material and fabric
-Spacious, damn roomy than altis, legroom superb
-Big boot space ! Thumbs up to put load of stuff
-xCVT, super smooth and quiet drive ( not like city one ) and factor for fuel saving
-Promo now ler with super low int and free aerokit ( not Impul lar )
-Drive by wire n Electric Power Steering ( even Civic 1.8 still on normal hydralic if not mistaken )
-Budget of 1.8L car can get 2.0L wor…
-Lower maintenance if to compare to Civic/Altis online service schedule and price list
-Can over trade my car a lot lot more than T or H wor..bring down the new car price even more…less worry on the resale value later...haha…
-Better build if compare with altis, more solid body. The SA even shown me the front protector full alluminium bar that was so thick n damn solid ! Goshh..amazing, i know why it got 6-start JNCAP award now...
-High torque compare to altis/civic. Power = Torque*RPM*Constant. With higher torque, rpm will be lower to produce the same drive power in range….that’s why the lower RPM cruising at other's similar speed and fc saving quah…just my guess
-Unique on the road...too many Civic and Altis liao now : >
-Others:"Legbrake", no more handbrake and Full alluminium engine, auto on headlight

Dislike :
-No VSC/VSA
-I wan electric seat !
-15″ Rim ( but think of it, cheaper tyre to change next time lor haha….suit my tigh pocket lor, or can get 15″ ultra performance tyre instead of 16″ normal tyre )
-Drum Brake ( surpricingly, done emergency brake at 100km/h and the car can stop very well wor…impress me…don konw shud happy or not haha using a drum brake for 2L car )
-The front outlook a bit..hmmm…ah pek lar…haha The rest is just good and beautiful to me…..i think i’ve poisoned by nissan liao….might give it a try man…. : ) and conclusion: Overall package this is a very family friendly car that suit my taste....

maplephy

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:40 AM

maplephy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
QUOTE (kly @ Jul 2 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just to share my own view here, I’m very happy with this Sylphy after 2 test drive...

What i like on it :
-Luxury feel inside, feel great vs civic/altis on the plastic material and fabric
-xCVT, super smooth and quiet drive ( not like city one ) and factor for fuel saving
-Drive by wire n Electric Power Steering ( even Civic 1.8 still on normal hydralic if not mistaken )
-Lower maintenance if to compare to Civic/Altis online service schedule and price list
-Can over trade my car a lot lot more than T or H wor..bring down the new car price even more…less worry on the resale value later...haha…
-Better build if compare with altis, more solid body. The SA even shown me the front protector full alluminium bar that was so thick n damn solid ! Goshh..amazing, i know why it got 6-start JNCAP award now...
-High torque compare to altis/civic. Power = Torque*RPM*Constant. With higher torque, rpm will be lower to produce the same drive power in range….that’s why the lower RPM cruising at other's similar speed and fc saving quah…just my guess
-Others:"Legbrake", no more handbrake and Full alluminium engine, auto on headlight

Dislike :
-No VSC/VSA
-I wan electric seat !
-15″ Rim ( but think of it, cheaper tyre to change next time lor haha….suit my tigh pocket lor, or can get 15″ ultra performance tyre instead of 16″ normal tyre )
-Drum Brake ( surpricingly, done emergency brake at 100km/h and the car can stop very well wor…impress me…don konw shud happy or not haha using a drum brake for 2L car )
-The front outlook a bit..hmmm…ah pek lar…haha The rest is just good and beautiful to me…..i think i’ve poisoned by nissan liao….might give it a try man…. : ) and conclusion: Overall package this is a very family friendly car that suit my taste....

agreed with kly

I read the Sylphy spec. & watch its advertisment also tested drive in Taiwan late 2006, I was so attracted by its Xtronic-CVT (for big cc engine, unlike Honda's cvt for small cc engine).

Lucky in middle 2008, ETCM brought in CKD Sylphy having same engine & X-cvt spec like one in Taiwan. Regardless any discount, I bought the car in June 2008 & drive happily till today, already clocked 35,000km. Low maintenace as well, hardly touch RM150/service(excluding Synthetic engine oil).

cheers

scenic

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:14 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (kly @ Jul 2 2009, 05:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What i like on it :

Saw two units of used Sylphy at two dealers's place last week. Barely two to three months old only. Worth taking a look a them. Price is very good buy.
director's choice

ManU

Posted 03 July 2009 - 12:57 PM

ManU

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 393 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Jul 3 2009, 10:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Saw two units of used Sylphy at two dealers's place last week. Barely two to three months old only. Worth taking a look a them. Price is very good buy.

whats drive by wire technology means ?? whats the pro and cons of it ?

fkmfkm

Posted 03 July 2009 - 01:33 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (ManU @ Jul 3 2009, 12:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
whats drive by wire technology means ?? whats the pro and cons of it ?

means the butterfly opens electronically...so you can manipulate it also..

mean more electric items to care for....

jayraptor

Posted 03 July 2009 - 04:08 PM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
QUOTE (kly @ Jul 2 2009, 12:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 thing to point out...The X-CVT transmission is impressive and service cost is LOW not that high. Saw a taiwan website has shown the same XCVT is to be serviced around an impressive up to 200,000km interval compare to tranditional gearbox 40,000km...so which one is better u go and find out further....

When most Sylphy owners come to 20,000km to 40,000km, they'll feel the thorn. CVT transmission, you'll need to check with diagnostic machine to see whether the ATF need to change. Not on fixed interval. NS-2 ATF price, go check at the counter and you'll be shocked. If you serviced it only at 200,000km, the transmission is already long dead having steel belt dislocated. Do u know the NS-2 ATF is way different from normal ATF and is more expensive to produce? Plus, new technology involves higher labour cost due to expertise required. CVT will last long only if its well maintained by replacing ATF on time at the right time.

Cons of drive by wire: If the electrical device behind the pedal faulty, you'll lose control over the accelerator. Drive by wire is not encouraged on common cars as common cars for common people who don't make much money. What we need is practicallity. Wonder why waste cost on unnecessary electronics gadgets instead of giving all disc brake & multi-link suspension? Also, more usage on electricity from battery.

Talking about maintenance, Altis is lowest to maintain due to simple and basic engine & electronics. Nothing much to worry. Read 1 hotline article on a lady who doesn't want to take her Latio back after having phobia of car breakdown twice on highway due to electronics problem. Requested for letter of confirmation that her Latio is 100% confirmed ok 1st as she doesn't want to risk getting hit

sunyatsen

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:47 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
But Toyota Service Centers sucks big time. Ask the Toyota owners. My friend has been complaining consistently on the slow service efficiency. Basically, u send your car in the morning and the car will only be ready in the evening (that also for normal service). But their cars are ok.

maplephy

Posted 04 July 2009 - 02:03 PM

maplephy

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 164 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Jul 4 2009, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But Toyota Service Centers sucks big time. Ask the Toyota owners. My friend has been complaining consistently on the slow service efficiency. Basically, u send your car in the morning and the car will only be ready in the evening (that also for normal service). But their cars are ok.

T service sucks! ahaha, don't know.
but T's SA sucks when I entered T showroom during New Alt launching time.

vios2000

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:58 PM

vios2000

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 444 posts
QUOTE (keong111 @ Jun 30 2009, 04:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gonna upgrade from Vios to bigger class but still can't decide which should i get.Civic 1.8 or slphy?

keong,

I am also looking at upgrading from my current vios. looking at Altis ans slyphy. Seems like i am going to nissan !!! but the tyt saleman trying to push CAMRY to me....... monthly installment is additional 600 ringgit only..... so troublesome to decide... hehe......

yeong

Posted 04 July 2009 - 11:45 PM

yeong

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 894 posts
QUOTE (vios2000 @ Jul 4 2009, 05:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
keong,

I am also looking at upgrading from my current vios. looking at Altis ans slyphy. Seems like i am going to nissan !!! but the tyt saleman trying to push CAMRY to me....... monthly installment is additional 600 ringgit only..... so troublesome to decide... hehe......

If the 600 additional to u is *only*, then u shld take Camry. No trouble & no question asked. They r of diff class. smile_thumbup.gif