Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Any Owner Of Honda Elysion Here?

• Please log in to reply

wka

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:53 AM

wka

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Fren,

Pls refer to below site on whether you are affected.
http://dogandlemon.c...aseno=KJ-0353-0

leongts

Posted 08 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
Checked the page already. It seems only the 2.4litre Elysions are affected. The chassis code DBA-RR1 and DBA-RR2 denote 2.4l 2WD and 2.4l 4WD Elysion respectively if I have not mistaken. Mine is DBA-RR3. smile_tongue.gif

wka

Posted 15 October 2009 - 11:36 PM

wka

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Fren, any update on your MPV?

leongts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:19 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
QUOTE (wka @ Oct 15 2009, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fren, any update on your MPV?

Yo there,

Just got back from Kuantan. Didn't bother to calculate how was the FC on the way there. But when on my way back to KL, did a FC test. At the Shell b4 the esplanade, pumped full tank until the dispenser clicked to stop. Passed through a ROAD BLOCK conducted by JPJ b4 the Gambang junction. So there was a slight jam. On the highway it was 100-110km/h crusing all the way until Karak where the speed limit is 90km/h.

Pumped again at the Shell at Kota Damansara/Sg.Buloh junction. Pump stopped at 19.52litre aka RM40. Distance travelled was 275km. So that worked out to be 14km/l, which I think is very good for a 3litre engine. smile_thumbup.gif

Noticed that I highlighted JPJ road block above? I still am using the ori privacy glass that came with the car. No problem going thorugh at all although that 3 officers was really srutinising every vehicle for possible offence. Come my turn, the officer just waved me through. smile_big.gif

About the ride, well, handling wise is really like driving a bigger sized sedan car going through the bends and corners at Karak HW. Ok la, maybe it is due to the Michelin Primacy LC's soft side walls; car rolled more than the Yokohamas that came with it.

Do tell me what you want to know more? Will share based on my limited experience.

Regards.

wka

Posted 21 October 2009 - 07:21 AM

wka

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
So far what have you done to ur Eli, I mean any additional accessories. Trying to look for a bodykit any recommendation?

leongts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 11:28 AM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
QUOTE (wka @ Oct 21 2009, 07:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So far what have you done to ur Eli, I mean any additional accessories. Trying to look for a bodykit any recommendation?

No additional things at all after delivery. B4 delivery, I have asked the salesman to install radio booster and front camera, that's all. And no plan to put in anything yet. Well, maybe a DVD player with LCD screen when my girl is old enough to nag me for a video screen but that's maybe 3 years away.

Ely already got bodykit as standard. Just that the standard one is not so prominent. But bodykit has always been a personal thing, different people different taste I guess. Maybe you can search Honda's website for the Mugen kit, which I find quite attractive. On the other hand, there is a bodykit seller advertising in ontheroad magazine and website, After-12 or something. I have only seen the Mugen one in flesh (the car I recommended to you, remember? but sold).

Btw, ontheroad website got display one Ely 2.4 with 2PDs, fog lights(rare), modulo bodykit, bla bla. Location Bdr Sri Damansara. Good luck.

Regards.

leongts

Posted 21 October 2009 - 01:28 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
wka,

Now I remember. Ori Ely got only the side skirt. No front and back lower bumper lips. Googling around I found this advert in ZTH for Modulo bodykit specially for Ely.

After12 Modulo kit

Looks great but must have fog lamps to match.

Regards.

leongts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 02:14 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
wka,

I have just ordered 2 units of cabin filter from online source. Maybe you want to check yours if it is dirty. Easy procedure.

1. Open glove box
2. Release the 2 notches at the back that keep the glove box from falling down
3. There is a plastic cover above the aircond blower casing, open it
4. You will see the cabin filter in a black plastic bracket, slide it out.

The dirty side is the side with black colour viscose fiber media. If the previous owner loves to use fresh air mode then the filter will have a lot of things trapped there; dust, dried leaves, dried flower petals etc etc. Mine was but I cleaned it once by vacuuming and lightly knock it against hard surface. After the cleaning, I have never used fresh air mode; only recirculation mode. Give it a try.

Regards.

wka

Posted 05 November 2009 - 09:20 PM

wka

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 117 posts
Thanks Leong, I've seen the car at Sri Damansara quite expensive they quoted.

leongts

Posted 15 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

leongts

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,416 posts
wka,

Collected your babe yet?

I have just installed the replacement cabin filter. It fits, but have to be turned 90deg. But it works. Airflow of aircond blower wasn't affected at all. Just that I wish it would fit like the ori ones. smile_blackeye.gif