Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Navara Or Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 Vg

• Please log in to reply

Tourist

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:29 PM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (totti @ May 27 2011, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I owned a Hilux before and the power is not as good as Navara and triton but engine is very reliable and space.(the best among them)

I tested the Navara and triton (existing model) and noticed that triton is better in term of pick up, space and dashboard design. You don't feel the pulling power and immediate pick up on navara even with 170HP.

To choice among them. i will go for (i) Triton (good pick up and better dash board design) (ii) Hilux (good space & external design) (iii) Navara (tight space for backseat and no power for pick up). As for engine and fuel consumption, they are more or less the same.

With the latest triton with VG at 170HP. This truck really fun to drive.

Ignoring reliability, resale value, durability and fuel consumption, space etc, I too felt the Triton is the nicest to drive and the Hilux the least.

I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

justdoit

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:21 PM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ May 27 2011, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ignoring reliability, resale value, durability and fuel consumption, space etc, I too felt the Triton is the nicest to drive and the Hilux the least.

For an old man, I would prefer Hilux, though Triton has the power. The vague steering feel of the Triton is a setback, especially you need to turn many round of the steering while acquiring a parking space.
moon

Asmies1

Posted 08 June 2011 - 02:54 AM

Asmies1

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (justdoit @ Jun 7 2011, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For an old man, I would prefer Hilux, though Triton has the power. The vague steering feel of the Triton is a setback, especially you need to turn many round of the steering while acquiring a parking space.

Every model have pro and con. In term of power Navara will win ( Navara always smoke my hilux vigo smile_wink.gif ). It look nice and proud to have the powerful truck but how about the reliability. How the truck serve you after 5 year. For me Navara is over tune,even Triton 3.2 loss to Navara in term of tourqe. For short term maybe ok but for Long term the owner will know the problem. Triton power wise, design look nice, big space especially for passenger but there is something funny when i see it. The cargo bucket too long..Feel like unbalance design smile_big.gif

scenic

Posted 08 June 2011 - 11:09 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (justdoit @ Jun 7 2011, 04:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How old are you Bro ? smile_tongue.gif
director's choice

justdoit

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:54 PM

justdoit

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts
QUOTE (scenic @ Jun 8 2011, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How old are you Bro ? smile_tongue.gif

Soon be 54. Why?
moon

alonsofeli

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:26 AM

alonsofeli

6th Gear

• Members
  • 7 posts
Nissan Navarra seems to have a better handling among the two! Both are Japenese so it will entirely depend on the choosing of the driver.

jaylee

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:15 AM

jaylee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 187 posts
QUOTE (alonsofeli @ Oct 8 2011, 04:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nissan Navarra seems to have a better handling among the two! Both are Japenese so it will entirely depend on the choosing of the driver.

I have been using my Navara for 2 months now including a trip to Phuket. Here are my observations:

Turning circle poorer than my old Nissan Frontier but after 1 week, I no longer find it an issue and can manoeuvre as well as my 6-year-old Frontier - including parallel parking. U-turns never an issue to begin with. 3-point-turns are a breeze because of the light steering.
The Navara is whisper quiet and far quieter than my Frontier which I had to spend money to do extra sound insulation.
Fuel consumption is about 15% poorer than the Frontier.
Passengers who complained about my cramped and uncomfortable rear-passengers seats in the Frontier were very happy in the ride all the way to Phuket. Even front passenger is enjoying increased leg-room. Leather upholstered seats are very comfortable for long trips.
The flatbed space is bigger - both wider and longer.
The car is also slightly taller and the upright radio antenna often hits low branches or low car park roofs but no big issue though.
Rear view mirror is very good which automatically dims when bright headlights from behind are sensed.
Wing mirrors are huge and very clear.
Head lamps are very bright (white light and not the blue like the HIDs)
Oil Sump takes more than 7 litres compared to the Frontier which was 4.5 litres.
Handling can be further improved. I have added articulated joints to the rear leaf springs that dampened the oscillations to sedan car levels. I have also added a stabiliser to the rear and handling is very close to a sedan.

One thing that didn't quite match my wishlist - no cruise control. I had to constantly watch the speedometer as the engine is so free-revving. It would perfectly match my wishlist if there is cruise control.

Having used for only 2 months - no idea of long-term issues but for the moment very happy with my choice and ride.

BTW, Bro Justdoit, I am 10 years older than you and age should not be a factor to enjoying the Navara.