Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware Of Fake Pivot Products.

• Please log in to reply

limking

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:25 AM

limking

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,887 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 30 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they make more and flood the market but at the same quality of those supplied to the OE, then I don't mind.... smile_tongue.gif

Agreed smile_thumbup.gif If quality is even better ,better still .
PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! PATIENCE !!! IT'LL GET YOU THE BEST WHEN TIME IS RIGHT AND SO WILL BE THE PRICE

vr2turbo

Posted 30 April 2010 - 10:55 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (limking @ Apr 30 2010, 10:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed smile_thumbup.gif If quality is even better ,better still .

Additionally make more only, how to be better....ha! ha! smile_big.gif

bOROi

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:11 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Apr 30 2010, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If they make more and flood the market but at the same quality of those supplied to the OE, then I don't mind.... smile_tongue.gif

ya....but the non OEM ones dont have SIRIM tags!!! smile_blush.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

YSW

Posted 03 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ May 3 2010, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya....but the non OEM ones dont have SIRIM tags!!! smile_blush.gif

I hope I am wrong, but someone told me that I might be right about this...

1) There are fake Original Stickers and Sirim Tag...
2) There are stolen real Original Stickers and Sirim Tag...
3) There is no total guarantee of quality even it is real Sirim approved product...

We might not have a solid mechanism to tell us which is good and which is not.... The only reliable source is your own self, your experience and knowledge might not be good enough but at least it won't lie to you.

Thats why we have a forum to share our experience, might not be 100% correct but at least will compliment our knowledge in some way.

vr2turbo

Posted 03 May 2010 - 02:56 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ May 3 2010, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hope I am wrong, but someone told me that I might be right about this...

1) There are fake Original Stickers and Sirim Tag...
2) There are stolen real Original Stickers and Sirim Tag...
3) There is no total guarantee of quality even it is real Sirim approved product...

We might not have a solid mechanism to tell us which is good and which is not.... The only reliable source is your own self, your experience and knowledge might not be good enough but at least it won't lie to you.

Thats why we have a forum to share our experience, might not be 100% correct but at least will compliment our knowledge in some way.

Fake Sirim labels is not new. Electrical trade already have plenty......... smile_blackeye.gif

bOROi

Posted 04 May 2010 - 08:33 AM

bOROi

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,173 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 3 2010, 02:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fake Sirim labels is not new. Electrical trade already have plenty......... smile_blackeye.gif

i suppose there is no guaranteed way of not being conned. One of the ways maybe to patronise the same spare part shop all the time, hoping that he consider you as a good regular customer and he may be inclined not to cheat his good customers. But then again he may be stocking all fake products in his shop, no originals,and you become the most regular user of fake products. Or he could be in bad shape financially, so he will cheat everybody to survive smile_approve.gif

Myah United Rules!!!!

YSW

Posted 04 May 2010 - 11:29 AM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
QUOTE (bOROi @ May 4 2010, 08:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i suppose there is no guaranteed way of not being conned. One of the ways maybe to patronise the same spare part shop all the time, hoping that he consider you as a good regular customer and he may be inclined not to cheat his good customers. But then again he may be stocking all fake products in his shop, no originals,and you become the most regular user of fake products. Or he could be in bad shape financially, so he will cheat everybody to survive smile_approve.gif

Totally agree with you!

the only way to deter fake / sub standard auto parts flowing in the market is we, as consumers, stop buying them. Forum and TT would be some of the good ways to gather our intelligence on this.

Cheers and happy sharing!

vr2turbo

Posted 04 May 2010 - 02:44 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (YSW @ May 4 2010, 11:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Totally agree with you!

the only way to deter fake / sub standard auto parts flowing in the market is we, as consumers, stop buying them. Forum and TT would be some of the good ways to gather our intelligence on this.

Cheers and happy sharing!

Real annoying......... smile_shock.gif

raymondd

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

raymondd

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ May 4 2010, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Real annoying......... smile_shock.gif

but its ok to get "fake" products if the seller admits it is and sells it at a reasonable price? like the purple mega raizin fake is selling for rm100 or less, and some people are saying that it more or less does what it is supposed to do..

just like getting china rotary buffer analogy i guess? tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:27 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (raymondd @ Jun 18 2010, 01:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but its ok to get "fake" products if the seller admits it is and sells it at a reasonable price? like the purple mega raizin fake is selling for rm100 or less, and some people are saying that it more or less does what it is supposed to do..

just like getting china rotary buffer analogy i guess? tongue.gif

But bro mubull had one. Not pivot brand and not sure whether fake or real but the VS melted on him....... smile_shock.gif