Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Camry 2012

• Please log in to reply

simonlim

Posted 14 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Sep 1 2011, 01:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
definitely not those..those are the previous US camry.. smile_blush.gif
the 2012 asia version is like this smile_blush.gif

hi swinee, long time no see..

this new camry front looks a little like the current accord from the photo, a little sideways. what do u think?

and the rear looks like it is going back to the ACV3# era..cheers!
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

profkaizen

Posted 15 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

profkaizen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 998 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Sep 14 2011, 10:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

this new camry front looks a little like the current accord from the photo, a little sideways. what do u think?

Hi Simon,

Agreed with your view points. To me, the front facade does look like the current Accord [especially the grille pattern] smile_shock.gif

I am happy to note that my 2002 Camry backside will look "modern" resembling the 2012 Camry [Back to the future] wor... smile_approve.gif

scenic

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

scenic

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,156 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Sep 15 2011, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Simon,

Agreed with your view points. To me, the front facade does look like the current Accord [especially the grille pattern] smile_shock.gif

I am happy to note that my 2002 Camry backside will look "modern" resembling the 2012 Camry [Back to the future] wor... smile_approve.gif

I looked at the rear and it does resembles the ACV3# but I kept quiet. And its rear also looks like the old Nissan Almera US version for its rear lamp cluster. Cheers.
director's choice

swinee

Posted 15 September 2011 - 12:47 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts

hi simon, yeah been quite sometime no coming in here..haha smile_blush.gif
the front end actually depends on how u look at it..of cos nowadays..car designs always reminiscent of each other..
some might say that the new camry is a mini LS..look alike? No? but anyhow still a very handsomely looking one..especially the bulging bonnet from the from grille smile_approve.gif

the rear end yeah is a bit of acv3x..and i think this design is way more elegant than the US version smile_tongue.gif

in the end if UMW get the price + spec right, i think this 2012 camry will continue to dominate the sales chart.. smile_clown.gif

Joytoy

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:06 PM

Joytoy

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,148 posts

Simon, How can you compare a chekai Ahbeng Accord with a Camry ???

teman8778

Posted 17 September 2011 - 01:22 PM

teman8778

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 295 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Sep 15 2011, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

smile_blush.gif

simonlim

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (profkaizen @ Sep 15 2011, 08:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Simon,

yes, the grille and the headlamps smile_disapprove.gif

someone said the ACV3# has the grandest butt of all camrys smile_approve.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

simonlim

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:26 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ Sep 15 2011, 12:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi simon, yeah been quite sometime no coming in here..haha smile_blush.gif
the front end actually depends on how u look at it..of cos nowadays..car designs always reminiscent of each other..
some might say that the new camry is a mini LS..look alike? No? but anyhow still a very handsomely looking one..especially the bulging bonnet from the from grille smile_approve.gif

the rear end yeah is a bit of acv3x..and i think this design is way more elegant than the US version smile_tongue.gif

in the end if UMW get the price + spec right, i think this 2012 camry will continue to dominate the sales chart.. smile_clown.gif

haha! yes this could be the most similar looking cousin in the T family sedans..but still it resembles more of an accord hahaaahaha!! tak boleh tahan, already felt like welcoming the 2014/2015 facelift camry !!~ smile_tongue.gif

i prefer the luxurious looks of the LS, like the size of the GS, they are all nice ....
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

simonlim

Posted 20 September 2011 - 09:29 PM

simonlim

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,578 posts
QUOTE (Joytoy @ Sep 15 2011, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Taiko Joytoy, where have u been these days ? i like the way u bash Accords since the very beginning of its launch of the CP models smile_big.gif
<SiMoN LiM>
Toyota Camry 2.4V ACV30

astroguy74

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:35 AM

astroguy74

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts
QUOTE (simonlim @ Sep 20 2011, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Taiko Joytoy, where have u been these days ? i like the way u bash Accords since the very beginning of its launch of the CP models smile_big.gif

i am not sure if you guys have been in other parts of the world..
camry is a standard issue for normal taxi cabs in most part of the world.. driven by pakistanis and bangalis
its reliable, very reliable.. and its very reliable.. and thats it..
its for a taxi driver... that all...