Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Mazda 8 Owners

• Please log in to reply

Kevin

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:21 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (Mean @ Apr 30 2012, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You're probably waiting for some Korean MPV to be launched at a price lower than Mazda's 8 and comes with all the bells and whistles, plus 200+ HP? I'm sure you'll find one to your liking since anyone who's been buying cars long enough would know that Koreans are better specced than their Jap equivalents and sold at a much cheaper price..you quoted a Sonata as comparison, hence my assumption.
Don't get me wrong..anyway what sub-200K choices are there that ain't recond? Besides the S-Max, you probably know the distributor's aftersales reputation.

Spot on. It was the S-Max I was waiting for smile_thumbup.gif

chuansze

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:28 PM

chuansze

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Dear Kelvin,

Frankly speaking, before i bought M8, i m not so happy with M8 on what you mentioned on no additional power plug, cruise control and steering wheel audio control and etc.

But after searching and survey on the MPV market, M8 still the best choice without these accessories and i can tell you i m proud owner of M8 as the overall performance of M8 ( if not better than Estima it is at least on par).

FYI, very rarely we will use the additional power plug. As for cruise control, in malaysia driving, it is almost impossible to utilise.
what is the speed you going to set on highway ? 110Km/h all the way.

Anyway this is just my personal opinion.

Mean

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
QUOTE (Kevin @ May 3 2012, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Spot on. It was the S-Max I was waiting for smile_thumbup.gif

S-max interior space falls somewhere between M5 and M8. Go for it if you carry more pax occasionally. Ford's part prices and general aftersales service are what I'd worry about more though.

I miss my Perdana V6...<FONT size=2><FONT face=Verdana><EM>

1999 c.c. V6 24 VALVE DOHC EFI ABS but no airbags<P></P>

Mean

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:34 PM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
QUOTE (chuansze @ May 3 2012, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Kelvin,

Frankly speaking, before i bought M8, i m not so happy with M8 on what you mentioned on no additional power plug, cruise control and steering wheel audio control and etc.

But after searching and survey on the MPV market, M8 still the best choice without these accessories and i can tell you i m proud owner of M8 as the overall performance of M8 ( if not better than Estima it is at least on par).

FYI, very rarely we will use the additional power plug. As for cruise control, in malaysia driving, it is almost impossible to utilise.

Some people are concerned about lower end torque on the M8. Since it is a MPV one wouldn't really drive it like a sports car...

chinonlee

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

chinonlee

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
QUOTE (mohdshaman @ Apr 30 2012, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi Chinonlee,

You just replaced it on the spot or have to wait to order the spare part?? What is the actual part name or used to call it? exhaust connector? Where is the part location?

Just curious smile_tongue.gif

I have to wait for the spare part.. Apparently, now they do keep some stocks after my incidence. I have to wait for 3 weeks before the parts arrive from Japan. According to the SA, during the ordering period at that point of time, Japan was having so called national holidays and they only able to diagnose the problem after my 2nd visit to the service center.

I am not so sure the exact location, supposingly undercarriage, where the exhaust is connected to the engine... There is a connector to this..

wasrwa

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

wasrwa

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Hi bros !

Relatively new in the forum.... Placed the booking for my M8 last week...
( after 2 times test drive, hehe )

-naturally considered getting myself an Estima, or an Odyssey RB3, but finally ended up booking the M8,
bcoz the family loves it, hehe

Agreed that the lower end torque is so-so, but it's good enough to haul me and my family during the testdrives..

may need to wait for another month before the car arrives.. Can't wait !
...a bit worry though, takut im putting a hole in my pocket bcoz of the Fuel Consumption..

Considering to get either Ebony or Grey Mica, but've never seen the Ebony one on the road..

Hoping to join the group soon, hehe

Mean

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:11 AM

Mean

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,517 posts
QUOTE (wasrwa @ May 7 2012, 12:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi bros !

Relatively new in the forum.... Placed the booking for my M8 last week...
( after 2 times test drive, hehe )

-naturally considered getting myself an Estima, or an Odyssey RB3, but finally ended up booking the M8,
bcoz the family loves it, hehe

Agreed that the lower end torque is so-so, but it's good enough to haul me and my family during the testdrives..

may need to wait for another month before the car arrives.. Can't wait !
...a bit worry though, takut im putting a hole in my pocket bcoz of the Fuel Consumption..

Considering to get either Ebony or Grey Mica, but've never seen the Ebony one on the road..

Hoping to join the group soon, hehe

FC isn't bad for this MPV..

wasrwa

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:50 PM

wasrwa

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
Yup, agreed bro Mean....

in fact before putting down the booking, ive done a lot of online searches for FC.....

apparently, the FC is almost the same among the 2.3 and 2.4L vehicles.... including ACR50, RB3, elysion, alphard, Sharan, etc....ie. the majority will perform around 8-9 km/L.. (maybe with the exception of Smax, 8.1L/100km - but wife disliked the interior) ... maybe bcoz of the curb weight/engine kot??

...what i meant was ive got used to the FC of my current Wish, which is good (~12km/L), so the anticipation is more, hehe....

...but NATURALLY youve got to make some sacrifices to get the spaces/coziness, and to join the crowd... hehe smile_wink.gif

Kevin

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:16 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (chuansze @ May 3 2012, 04:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Kelvin,

I agree with the cruise control. I don't use it much myself.

But the power plug is one that I use frequently. Right now in my car, I have a phone charger + Medklinn ioniser. If I use an external GPS, I will need a 3rd power point to power the GPS.

Kevin

Posted 07 May 2012 - 06:21 PM

Kevin

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,080 posts
QUOTE (Mean @ May 3 2012, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
S-max interior space falls somewhere between M5 and M8. Go for it if you carry more pax occasionally. Ford's part prices and general aftersales service are what I'd worry about more though.

I feel it depends on the seat configuration vs one's needs. In the M8, I will never be able to strap in 3 child seats in the 2nd row which I can do in the S-Max. If I were to strap in the 3rd child seat in the 3rd row of the M8, I effectively use up 1/2 the available boot space. So, for me, the M8 (although with bigger interior dimensions) will never be able to offer more space for my family of 5.

Ford's aftersales are a question mark. Likewise for Mazda. I would rank both to be on the "iffy" side smile_tongue.gif