Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Fd2 No Quality, Waste Money

• Please log in to reply

rickyoac

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:25 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Sep 30 2010, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well,some of those honda spare parts thats they claim to be original is mostly OEM...like those Hamp...is truly OEM parts made for honda.but when u go SC,they dun use those part.my brakepad i just use some malaysian made pad,n its fine until now.cheaper than stock,more grip.no sound.wont eat rotor.my stock pad when i change still got atleast 70%,but no more braking grip smile_disapprove.gif

i still remember while my car have 2years free maintainance.i expect to get original honda parts.to my suprise,they use the Hamp (green) oil filter coz i didnt pay anything.another problem is,under the free maintainance period,they only change the oil filter at 10k interval instead of changing it with every time engine oil change.i'm not really happy with this.so i complain n they tell me this HAMP oil filter can last 10K.

i keep quite.then after free maintainance period over,i still service inside,suprise suprise,now they give me the normal blue oil filter(thai made) n charge me rm35 for it.i was like,WTH with it...nvm,i thought change every 10k interval too the oil filter,but,they change every 5k.so i ask them,oil filter not change every 10k?they say nop,change with every engine oil change.then i told them why during free service said oil filter only need to change every 10k interval?the SA cant answer smile_angry.gif

other than CVTF fluid,i wont buy anything from SC.everyting from SC we can get from honda stockist.n we pay atleast 35% cheaper compare to SC.for example,i bought my air filter outside,call up a few stockist,they all selling rm30,saying no original.then i say how about SC 1?they said SC also not original...all oem.but SC say original n selling rm65.double the price.

so good SC.but,1 thing that made me going back to my SC is.most of the problem i complain,they really try to solve.thisis the only point i still go back to SC.i dun know about other sc...but feedback from a few frens,so far good sc is Sri Utama,Peringgit.others dun really know.

i even found out something regarding Honda Body Repair.if really want honda workshop to help u claim insurance,go to either Roda BB,Sri utama,Kah motor.this are the few that OWNS a Honda body repair centre.i experiance b4 claim insurance,some SC dun have body repair centre,so they send to normal Insurance panel workshop.

So what is the "genuine part" SC will give? Celaka.
Be Wise To Survive

aja

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:06 PM

aja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Sep 30 2010, 01:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well,some of those honda spare parts thats they claim to be original is mostly OEM...like those Hamp...is truly OEM parts made for honda.but when u go SC,they dun use those part.my brakepad i just use some malaysian made pad,n its fine until now.cheaper than stock,more grip.no sound.wont eat rotor.my stock pad when i change still got atleast 70%,but no more braking grip smile_disapprove.gif

i still remember while my car have 2years free maintainance.i expect to get original honda parts.to my suprise,they use the Hamp (green) oil filter coz i didnt pay anything.another problem is,under the free maintainance period,they only change the oil filter at 10k interval instead of changing it with every time engine oil change.i'm not really happy with this.so i complain n they tell me this HAMP oil filter can last 10K.

i keep quite.then after free maintainance period over,i still service inside,suprise suprise,now they give me the normal blue oil filter(thai made) n charge me rm35 for it.i was like,WTH with it...nvm,i thought change every 10k interval too the oil filter,but,they change every 5k.so i ask them,oil filter not change every 10k?they say nop,change with every engine oil change.then i told them why during free service said oil filter only need to change every 10k interval?the SA cant answer smile_angry.gif

other than CVTF fluid,i wont buy anything from SC.everyting from SC we can get from honda stockist.n we pay atleast 35% cheaper compare to SC.for example,i bought my air filter outside,call up a few stockist,they all selling rm30,saying no original.then i say how about SC 1?they said SC also not original...all oem.but SC say original n selling rm65.double the price.

so good SC.but,1 thing that made me going back to my SC is.most of the problem i complain,they really try to solve.thisis the only point i still go back to SC.i dun know about other sc...but feedback from a few frens,so far good sc is Sri Utama,Peringgit.others dun really know.

i even found out something regarding Honda Body Repair.if really want honda workshop to help u claim insurance,go to either Roda BB,Sri utama,Kah motor.this are the few that OWNS a Honda body repair centre.i experiance b4 claim insurance,some SC dun have body repair centre,so they send to normal Insurance panel workshop.

I've been driving Honda JDM for about 7 years now..i.e. from the earlier model of Euro R until now, those EK 2 doors (for tracking) and other JDM Make (Mitsubishi) for about more than 10 years. Luckily to owned both model at the same time.

SO far, no such low quality etc on the JDM cars that I owned. For Honda, since it's quite sensitive, I normally bought the parts direct from original parts importers such as LHS and Exceptional Auto in Glenmarie. Original small blue Honda oil filter would only cost me around RM23 (or less-can't recall but cannot be more) & as I mentioned earlier I always cross-checked the oil filter part number with the Honda part manual to justify the originality. I believe the green one used by the SC is a fake where-as last time few kedai parts offered me at RM10 (or so, can't recall) for the green oil but I declined.

The most easy to maintain is Mitsubishi cars as it's least sensitive and any local parts could easily matched-in. Just imagine that my one of my rear CT9A Evo wheel bearing screw broke down and it only cost me RM5 to change it all..which taken from Proton Wira 1.5cc!! kekekeke

IMO, I believe buying a CKD Toyota is much2 lesser head-ache compare to CKD Honda.

cavaliars

Posted 30 September 2010 - 07:37 PM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (aja @ Sep 30 2010, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been driving Honda JDM for about 7 years now..i.e. from the earlier model of Euro R until now, those EK 2 doors (for tracking) and other JDM Make (Mitsubishi) for about more than 10 years. Luckily to owned both model at the same time.

SO far, no such low quality etc on the JDM cars that I owned. For Honda, since it's quite sensitive, I normally bought the parts direct from original parts importers such as LHS and Exceptional Auto in Glenmarie. Original small blue Honda oil filter would only cost me around RM23 (or less-can't recall but cannot be more) & as I mentioned earlier I always cross-checked the oil filter part number with the Honda part manual to justify the originality. I believe the green one used by the SC is a fake where-as last time few kedai parts offered me at RM10 (or so, can't recall) for the green oil but I declined.

The most easy to maintain is Mitsubishi cars as it's least sensitive and any local parts could easily matched-in. Just imagine that my one of my rear CT9A Evo wheel bearing screw broke down and it only cost me RM5 to change it all..which taken from Proton Wira 1.5cc!! kekekeke

IMO, I believe buying a CKD Toyota is much2 lesser head-ache compare to CKD Honda.

the green is not fake.is like Honda authorise OEM spareparts...cheaper...quality wise dunno smile_sleepy.gif

QUOTE (rickyoac @ Sep 30 2010, 11:05 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
erm... batu pahat to kuala lumpur , batu pahat to jb. three month 8000 km. My BP no choice only one SC.

now buying toyota and honda car really depends on luck. Friends around my all got problem when buying new .
Honda city problem more or less same with civic.
Toyota vios stability problem. Then suspension problem.

Only less problem now i can said is korean car. CBU quality.

korean car got problem smile_tongue.gif if buy back dated batch car,will have tyre ballon problem smile_tongue.gif

QUOTE (rickyoac @ Sep 30 2010, 11:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So what is the "genuine part" SC will give? Celaka.

i also dunno...but now spare parts u can source from outside honda stockist which cost u much cheaper price...

rickyoac

Posted 01 October 2010 - 09:11 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
ERm.. maybe isolated case. Coz four korean car in my family no such problem. within warranty never claim even once.
Be Wise To Survive

cavaliars

Posted 01 October 2010 - 10:50 AM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (rickyoac @ Oct 1 2010, 09:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ERm.. maybe isolated case. Coz four korean car in my family no such problem. within warranty never claim even once.

backdated means those car assembly let say year 2008...but still have stock park under hot sun in the factory.then 2010 only sold due to massive rebate given.the tyre never use then just put under the sun day n night.will have problem of tyre ballooning smile_disapprove.gif

but atleast the CKD quality is still fine compare to many other brands smile_disapprove.gif

rickyoac

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:11 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Oct 1 2010, 10:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
backdated means those car assembly let say year 2008...but still have stock park under hot sun in the factory.then 2010 only sold due to massive rebate given.the tyre never use then just put under the sun day n night.will have problem of tyre ballooning smile_disapprove.gif

but atleast the CKD quality is still fine compare to many other brands smile_disapprove.gif

Ic. Erm... my perodua kenari sime tyre and freinds toyota tyre also like that after few month usage. Just like got tumour. It is same with your mentioned case.

Be Wise To Survive

rickyoac

Posted 01 October 2010 - 03:16 PM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
Really must service outside after warranty expire.

now just a new case, my friends told me when he work in SC, their company will not use their brand own packing. Coz come with higher cost. They will source for cheaper. For eg. brake pad without honda packing, oil filter without honda packing , air filter also. They claim it as original also. Made from same same company or country.

Be Wise To Survive

flakes79

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

flakes79

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
QUOTE (rickyoac @ Oct 1 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

now just a new case, my friends told me when he work in SC, their company will not use their brand own packing. Coz come with higher cost. They will source for cheaper. For eg. brake pad without honda packing, oil filter without honda packing , air filter also. They claim it as original also. Made from same same company or country.

see. wear n tear parts just buy from outside honda parts shop, bring to SC to replace, just pay for labor. warranty still intact coz u use "original parts". this will save u abit probably but if u want convinience then just pay the SC to do the running for u la.

letstorque

Posted 03 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

letstorque

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 54 posts
1 thing that annoy me most about Honda,mileage between service.
While Proton has 10 000 km mileage between service using only mineral oil,with Honda, even using fully synthetic, SC said only 5000km. And the other SC said 7000 km.

cavaliars

Posted 04 October 2010 - 09:53 AM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (rickyoac @ Oct 1 2010, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ic. Erm... my perodua kenari sime tyre and freinds toyota tyre also like that after few month usage. Just like got tumour. It is same with your mentioned case.

kenari n kelis Sime tyre is well known with those problem.even new also will have those problem.

QUOTE (rickyoac @ Oct 1 2010, 03:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hamp is 1 of the example of those parts.cheaper sources made by other factory as authorise OEM parts for honda.

QUOTE (flakes79 @ Oct 1 2010, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
see. wear n tear parts just buy from outside honda parts shop, bring to SC to replace, just pay for labor. warranty still intact coz u use "original parts". this will save u abit probably but if u want convinience then just pay the SC to do the running for u la.

well,not all SC accept this way of servicing.some SC accept only engine oil,some said all must buy from sc if under warranty.like my case,i bought my own engine oil n service inside.pay rm98 for labour n oil filter.really crap price as labour n oil filter is charge rm98.so expensive.

regarding the engine oil,even bring honda oil,they still put remarks as Owner Bring Own Oil.its like if anything happen to the engine,they wont be responsible.

QUOTE (letstorque @ Oct 3 2010, 03:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
1 thing that annoy me most about Honda,mileage between service.
While Proton has 10 000 km mileage between service using only mineral oil,with Honda, even using fully synthetic, SC said only 5000km. And the other SC said 7000 km.

this is very subjective matter.i would comment this as individual preference.due to certain factor like our country wheater,driving condition,jem n etc,servicing every 5k is advisable.just to keep the engine running optimun performance.

again some of us drive 10k in 4-5 months.maybe in this condition can opt for fully synthetic oil n service every 10k milleage.
for some who drive 5k in 3-5months,then is advisable to service every 5k.as oil is said will be degrading when mix with air.

again,its very subjective matter.