Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Hybrid

• Please log in to reply

fkmfkm

Posted 04 January 2010 - 01:32 PM

fkmfkm

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts
QUOTE (TheGunner @ Jan 4 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My personal choice would be diesel. I got 13.8km/l in the 520d with some pretty hard driving, and 9.5km/l in the 730Ld with even harder driving. The Civic Hybrid returned 13.3km/l despite being driven sedately almost the entire time I had the car.

However, a note of caution is that our Euro 2M standard diesel still has pretty high sulphur content, and hence, whatever green promises held by diesels in Europe do not apply here.

Nevertheless, it should also be noted that our petrol is similarly unrefined. This gives the latest generation of direct injection engines from Europe a lot of problems. A good example is the upcoming F10 BMW 5-series, where the new 3.0-litre direct injection straight six engine will not be usable here for the time being.

wah imagine the bm engine in civic...

henry7774

Posted 13 January 2010 - 01:54 PM

henry7774

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
My personal choice would be diesel. I got 13.8km/l in the 520d with some pretty hard driving, and 9.5km/l in the 730Ld with even harder driving. The Civic Hybrid returned 13.3km/l despite being driven sedately almost the entire time I had the car.

However, a note of caution is that our Euro 2M standard diesel still has pretty high sulphur content, and hence, whatever green promises held by diesels in Europe do not apply here.

Nevertheless, it should also be noted that our petrol is similarly unrefined. This gives the latest generation of direct injection engines from Europe a lot of problems. A good example is the upcoming F10 BMW 5-series, where the new 3.0-litre direct injection straight six engine will not be usable here for the time being.

Agree with you, but in few years time, the diesel and petrol price wont be so large gap liao as in foreign country.
cant imagine if the oil price is floating... better use the GAS la.... malaysia still have 50 yeears of GAS

archebald3

Posted 25 March 2010 - 09:58 AM

archebald3

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts
oil prices would be soaring high, more expensive than your civic parts]. this is a strategy deemed to push consumers to buy hybrid or battery operated cars.
tHe gReat arcHebALd!
watch me here: How To Replace a Muffler

dzat

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:07 AM

dzat

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess the prob wt petrol engined FC claims are usually made based on relax/sedate driving at around 2,000-3,000 rpm which are ok if you are not in the hurry. In the real world, to extract power (bhp & Torque), most petrol engine need to be rev hard at 4,000-5,000rpm for quick acceleration/carry loads & ppl....hence, the claimed FC cannot be achieved. However, for diesel engined, the FC claims are made at the same driven rpm of btw 2,000 - 3,000rpm and its applies to the real world usage, as we all know....peak torque & power of a diesel engine are around that range. there no need to rev high to extract power from a diesel compared to a petrol, hence claims FC & real FC are ALMOST identical

Just my opinion...i'm no expert but based on experience of driving both type smile_wink.gif
dzat

madex

Posted 13 August 2010 - 08:42 PM

madex

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts
Check out Top Gear Malaysia Magazine, Aug 2010 issue reviewed Prius and Civic Hybrid. Journey to Cherating, Prius range for 45ltr was 714km and Civic range for 50ltr was 641km.

Gunner is right, my diesel get 45ltr for 650km in TOWN DRIVING. Long distance highway at 140kmh will get me above 700km at least. No wonder contis don't really bother on hybrid. smile_tongue.gif

But the only things that hybrid got it advance is when traffic jam and the quiteness of the car (obviously only at low speed). I would consider to get one hybrid for my wife and town driving. smile_thumbup.gif

dzat

Posted 20 August 2010 - 11:26 AM

dzat

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
QUOTE (jacksung @ Dec 5 2009, 07:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The power at low speed is very good, better than 1.8L, but at high speed, it is more like 1.6L. This is because the electric motor can give full torque from 0rpm. It is a very quiet car, more quiet than the other civics. Maintenance cost is the same as other civic, becoz' the hybrid system does not require maintenance. Only change parts if spoilt. I think there will be a new civic model by 2011. For fuel consumption, I'm getting 16 to 18km/L. Long distance can easily get 20-21km/L. Manufacturer's claim is 21.7km/L, but I think quite difficult to get this.

I thot hybrid should get better FC, but its more or less same as those Focus TDCI or Beemer 320D (both are more powerful)

smile_shock.gif
dzat

nikkokl

Posted 28 August 2010 - 12:58 PM

nikkokl

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 521 posts
QUOTE (dzat @ Aug 20 2010, 11:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thot hybrid should get better FC, but its more or less same as those Focus TDCI or Beemer 320D (both are more powerful)

smile_shock.gif

imagine a diesel hybrid...
nikkokl

lionelstep

Posted 14 October 2010 - 08:57 PM

lionelstep

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 324 posts
The power at low speed is very good, better than 1.8L, but at high speed, it is more like 1.6L. This is because the electric motor can give full torque from 0rpm. It is a very quiet car, more quiet than the other civics. Maintenance cost is the same as other civic, becoz' the hybrid system does not require maintenance. Only change parts if spoilt. I think there will be a new civic model by 2011. For fuel consumption, I'm getting 16 to 18km/L. Long distance can easily get 20-21km/L. Manufacturer's claim is 21.7km/L, but I think quite difficult to get this.

16~18 km/L = 100% urban driving ?
As for your case not able to get 20~21 km/L in long distance, I think is because you are turning on air cond ?

LS71

Posted 18 October 2010 - 06:34 PM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Under control driving, my Civic 1.8 happen to achieve abt 21km / litre (with 2 people load and driving below 100 km/h). My recent trip to JB with full load (4 adults & 2 kids) with average speed of 110-120 kph also give me 16 km /litres. Thus I believe Civic hybrid should be easily achieving more than 25km / litre for long distance driving?

LS71

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

LS71

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts
QUOTE (mallite @ Oct 20 2010, 04:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi, we have a survey for Honda Civic Hybrid owners & also those interested to get a hybrid car (either Honda Civic Hybrid or Toyota Prius)...interested to join? we pay a token of RM150 for intenders & RM500-800 for actual car owners of these hybrid babies....survey organized by synovate (u can check us out at www.synovate.com)...anyone interested, can sms me at 016 2126980. we just want ur comments/opinion on these hybrid cars....no need to purchase anything & definitely not a scam!

with the recent budget announcing the full exemption of import and eksais duties, expecting Civic Hybric to drop at about RM115k (or may be lower). If this the case, expect sales of hybrid car may be increased.

Me intended to get the MPV with Hybrid engine but I don't think such model is available in Malaysia at this juncture.

Hi, Mallite, if I'm qualify for the survey, u may pm me and see whether I'm available to allocate my time for the survey. Thanks