Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

SYM GTS 200 Experience (sepakat Eleganers)

• Please log in to reply

Balee

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:08 AM

Balee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 997 posts
Err... come again on that selfish thingy...

QUOTE (macques @ Sep 7 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi everyone.i'd follow this forum ever since from last 6 months ago & i m riding a vts 200 now.Just wanna ask you guys who own a gts/vts 200 this question.If you own a gts/vts 200 & when symphony come out with the price of RM13,000,do you think that your bike will have 2nd hand value?Pls understand that SYM malaysia is selling gts/vts 200 & symphony 250. If the price of symphony is selling around 13k,do you think that they will be able to sell the gts/vts at around rm 9700? I m working with one of the automotive OE.Tats why it's not easy to tag a price on the new model so that it won't clash with the existing model.... sometimes i feel that some of you are too selfish,only thinking of yourself.Spoke to Mr. Ivan (SYM Segambut) this morning. I am very happy with the price where it won't affect my bike 2nd hand value.... imagine if Proton Iswara 1.3M carburator were selling for rm36,000 & Proton iswara 1.5M fuel injection with facelift model were selling for rm40,000, which will you choose? pls think carefully before answering this question. 200cc different,facelift & fuel injection.i am very sure that the 1.5M fuel injection will sell like hot cakes where else only idiots will buy the 1.3 model

grinchest

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:03 AM

grinchest

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (Balee @ Sep 8 2009, 12:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Err... come again on that selfish thingy...

Balee,

Hahahahhahahaha...Very Classic!!

Personally, i think everybody is a selfish bro!! Its a human nature...IF you can get a cheaper price for better model/product why not???? IF you are chasing for something better you dont mind to accept the consequences.

We cant compare a bike to a car...even the interest rate also different bro...

Btw, it just another my 1 cent opinion. fing01.gif

Cheers!!

Uhh lalaaaaaaa....

alba

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:06 AM

alba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hik hik.. Now we know who's being selfish...

What do you expect from your 2nd hand value of GTS200? 7k? 8k? Check mudah dot my please...

jomanji

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:39 AM

jomanji

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Yes Macques I think u shot urself in the foot. These guys were petitioning for a lower price that EVERYONE could enjoy, not just themselves. You on the other hand were worrying about the value of YOUR bike... classic case of pot calling kettle black.

KLScoot

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:50 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
I may be wrong but just for discussion sakes.

IF SYM GTS 200 which now retails at 9700 OTR, assuming if u were to dispose at 6.5 (as in my case after riding 2 years & i don't think that 2nd hand values for a GTS200 would dip lower than that even if the 250 retails at 13000, which is still 2 fold away!), that will be a depreciation of 3200.

So by simple deduction, if VTS 250 retails at 13000 as opposed to 17300, that's a difference of 4300. Which do u think is the better option for me, that i prefer the VTS 250 to sell at 17300 or 13000?

By the depreciation values i've just cited it would mean that i've to fork out another 10,800 if the VTS250 sells at 17300 and, 6,500 if it retails for 13000. So what is the obvious choice for me? I'd still warrant that 13,000 makes more financial sense to me for an upgrade, especially as i was one of the early adopters of the GTS200, who paid only 8500 for the machine. biggrin.gif
Zen & The Art of Motorcycle Maintenance

KLScoot's facebook

KLScoot

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:54 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
QUOTE (klimal @ Sep 7 2009, 03:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The front shocks are not adjustable at all.
I think you can change the front oil to a heavier viscosity. for better damping.
The amount / volume of oil remains the same.

Thanks Klimal, as always u have been very helpful. Great to have someone who's technically inclined in this forum. Cheers! smile_thumbup.gif

KLScoot's facebook

KLScoot

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:56 AM

KLScoot

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 815 posts
We pledge not to buy the SYM GTS/VTS 250 if its price exceeds RM13k OTR!

1) KLScoot
2) Grinchest
3) ryo
4) HOTkoko
5) RmohammA
6) Balee
7) Alba
8) Klimal
9) Nazuri
10) Linoxblack
11) Rezzo
12) Dogbert
13) Shellhelix
14) MedicTM
15) WMP776 @ MRC
16) Barry
17) Mizuan
18) Romo69
19) DrHook
20) Robocop (silent reader)
21) ayahanda1
22) bkk7808
23) dzat (since i'm lookin for a maxi scoot to replace my current elegan..counts me in!)
24) Hotwhell
25) plasticguy
26) Jomanji
27) Limited007
28) Bakar74
29) Vlam
30) Indotolok
31) Skolahlama

Skolahlama, thank u for joining our pledge. Good to see that there are ppl who still thinks that our pledge is relevant!

KLScoot's facebook

klimal

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:23 PM

klimal

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
QUOTE (indotolok @ Sep 7 2009, 10:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Klimal,
I think you have read Jinblack posting in GTSrider Technical Talks regarding YSS E-Lite Absorber.
I think his review and testimonials is encouraging, don't you think so?
It seem that no one yet to try YSS abs with Maxxis. Wondering the performances.

Yes, I have read his review.
I think for RM 450 a piece, it's way too expensive.
I'd rather spend on better tires, which I did.
One may have the best absorber, but if the grip is poor, it will not matter.
Also adjust the air pressure and spring pre-load to get the optimun setting.
Maybe, when the shocks need replacing, i might reconsider it, but not currently as it is still new.
Lose weight HOW? ask me NOW !
Stay young and active with BiHRT.
Facial Rejuvenation with PRP.

klimal

Posted 08 September 2009 - 12:33 PM

klimal

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 445 posts
QUOTE (macques @ Sep 7 2009, 11:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi everyone.i'd follow this forum ever since from last 6 months ago & i m riding a vts 200 now.Just wanna ask you guys who own a gts/vts 200 this question.If you own a gts/vts 200 & when symphony come out with the price of RM13,000,do you think that your bike will have 2nd hand value?Pls understand that SYM malaysia is selling gts/vts 200 & symphony 250. If the price of symphony is selling around 13k,do you think that they will be able to sell the gts/vts at around rm 9700? I m working with one of the automotive OE.Tats why it's not easy to tag a price on the new model so that it won't clash with the existing model.... sometimes i feel that some of you are too selfish,only thinking of yourself.Spoke to Mr. Ivan (SYM Segambut) this morning. I am very happy with the price where it won't affect my bike 2nd hand value.... imagine if Proton Iswara 1.3M carburator were selling for rm36,000 & Proton iswara 1.5M fuel injection with facelift model were selling for rm40,000, which will you choose? pls think carefully before answering this question. 200cc different,facelift & fuel injection.i am very sure that the 1.5M fuel injection will sell like hot cakes where else only idiots will buy the 1.3 model

Let's see how the market respond to the pricing.
Even though it will not affect the resale value, one has to top up a whole lot more to upgrade to the Symphony.
This defeats the gain from the better resale value.
Most new scooter owners will want to start at a lower capacity and initial outlay.
Then upgrade later as they gain more confidence.
With such a big difference, one would think many times before doing so.

At that price, I would consider a proper bike, rather than a scooter as the riding dynamics are anytime better.
Also the comparo prices are not fair. The new Symphony cost 78% more than the GTS200..
If the 1.5M cost 78% more than the 1.3M carburettor, then it would be priced at RM62,000 vs RM35,000.
Now which would one choose?

Lose weight HOW? ask me NOW !
Stay young and active with BiHRT.
Facial Rejuvenation with PRP.

grinchest

Posted 08 September 2009 - 02:37 PM

grinchest

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 83 posts
QUOTE (klimal @ Sep 8 2009, 12:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's see how the market respond to the pricing.
Even though it will not affect the resale value, one has to top up a whole lot more to upgrade to the Symphony.
This defeats the gain from the better resale value.
Most new scooter owners will want to start at a lower capacity and initial outlay.
Then upgrade later as they gain more confidence.
With such a big difference, one would think many times before doing so.

At that price, I would consider a proper bike, rather than a scooter as the riding dynamics are anytime better.
Also the comparo prices are not fair. The new Symphony cost 78% more than the GTS200..
If the 1.5M cost 78% more than the 1.3M carburettor, then it would be priced at RM62,000 vs RM35,000.
Now which would one choose?

Im sure the "IDIOTS" will choose the 1.3M carburetor!!!! Hahahahhahaha comp26.gif

Thanks klimal for explaining the further details about the price comparison between car and bike ( fairly)

Cheerssss!!!!
Uhh lalaaaaaaa....