Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Soundproofing

• Please log in to reply

baldwin

Posted 10 October 2012 - 07:43 PM

baldwin

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts
QUOTE (bmkia @ Oct 10 2012, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am definately going to take some hits here but here goes my unsolicited advice (whether you take it or not it is up to you):-

The short answer would be in the region of RM10K if you are lucky.

Here is the slightly longer one, DC modus operandi is:-

1) Quote you a few Proven "treatment"/"solution" for maybe a couple of thousand or a few hundred ringgit) whilst bragging expertise and maybe an experienced R&D team that he has to boot.

2) When you are at his shop, quote you some extra Proven solutions and convince you to spend another few thousand.

Depends on whether you are happy or satisfied. If you are satisfied it ends here. If you are not, move on to No.3

3) You will then be subjected to waiting for some other "Proven" materials to arrive and DC will promise to call you when it arrives for more spending $$$$ and tweaking (there is a documented case here over a period of 1 year).

4) The phone call will not happen, he will lose his phone and all documents with your contact number. You will be pissed for paying for something that doesn't work.

5) Choose to cut your losses and suck it up. Or else, complain in the "Dissapointed after spending RM4K" thread and after being ridiculed by fanboys/ proxies of DC, DC will tell you this "We were Not given a chance to Finish our Job!".....

Read all about it here at the "Dissapointed after spending RM4K thread":-

http://forum.autowor...h...3133&st=160

"PROVEN" is defined as ???????

bmkia,

Honestly, I personally think you've went a bit too far this time. Just because u've had an unsatisfactory result on your money spent, the points u've stated (1~5) is totally uncalled for and is more of an assumption and to take this further (if not for our sucky Msian law), u can very well be sued for defamation.

I do acknowledge your 'best' intentions to inform everyone on your bad experience at KL Auto but looking at all your repeated post and rantings, it has really gone a bit too far off.
Can we head straight to a resolution and closure by you visiting KL Auto to settle this once and for all?

Cheers!

hideiyoshi

Posted 10 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

hideiyoshi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 602 posts
Totally agree...... he needs to move on with life....

bmkia

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:40 AM

bmkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (baldwin @ Oct 10 2012, 07:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
bmkia,

Honestly, I personally think you've went a bit too far this time. Just because u've had an unsatisfactory result on your money spent, the points u've stated (1~5) is totally uncalled for and is more of an assumption and to take this further (if not for our sucky Msian law), u can very well be sued for defamation.

I do acknowledge your 'best' intentions to inform everyone on your bad experience at KL Auto but looking at all your repeated post and rantings, it has really gone a bit too far off.
Can we head straight to a resolution and closure by you visiting KL Auto to settle this once and for all?

Cheers!

Well, that is your own opinion on "whether" it went on too far or not. Points 1-5 is more of an "assumption" to you, but it was a "fact" for me as I experienced it first hand.

As for being not sued for "defamation" because of your reasoning of "sucky malaysian law" (lets see what a real judge would say about your statement being an outright contempt of Malaysian courts), why not ask Desmond to engage a lawyer and file a writ to get an order asking me to stop my so called "defamation" and let a judge decide? On that topic, what about "false advertising" with all the exaggerated claims by KL Auto on "Proven Solutions" & "R&D team" and etc? And if a "false advertiser" can go on preaching that his products do "miracles" here as long as he/she wants, actual customers "conned" by this "false advertisement" can rebut it all he/she wants.

Resolution and closure? Tried that in a "gentlemanly" way but was ignored and to no avail...... and I am not even claiming that Product A is better than Product B, but Product A doesn't "deliver" anything close to as "advertised" and there is no "going back". Thank you guys for reconfirming my points especially "Point 5" on sucking it up and being ridiculed. And chill man, take it easy.....

jflcorp

Posted 11 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
QUOTE (bmkia @ Oct 11 2012, 01:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, that is your own opinion on "whether" it went on too far or not. Points 1-5 is more of an "assumption" to you, but it was a "fact" for me as I experienced it first hand.

As for being not sued for "defamation" because of your reasoning of "sucky malaysian law" (lets see what a real judge would say about your statement being an outright contempt of Malaysian courts), why not ask Desmond to engage a lawyer and file a writ to get an order asking me to stop my so called "defamation" and let a judge decide? On that topic, what about "false advertising" with all the exaggerated claims by KL Auto on "Proven Solutions" & "R&D team" and etc? And if a "false advertiser" can go on preaching that his products do "miracles" here as long as he/she wants, actual customers "conned" by this "false advertisement" can rebut it all he/she wants.

Resolution and closure? Tried that in a "gentlemanly" way but was ignored and to no avail...... and I am not even claiming that Product A is better than Product B, but Product A doesn't "deliver" anything close to as "advertised" and there is no "going back". Thank you guys for reconfirming my points especially "Point 5" on sucking it up and being ridiculed. And chill man, take it easy.....

now you are starting to sound like a very disturbed and angry person but without the guts to face your own shortfalls, either that or you are a very disgruntled competitor. Either way, it you who needs to chill and not others.

anyways, I will now put you on my ignore list. rant and bitch all you want, I am not listening to your nonsense. I am here to get informed ideas on how to improve the comfort in my car.

dchong

Posted 11 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
Hi jflcorp,

Thank you for your interest in our solutions. Sorry for late, was busy tuning Thien's new Civic for loud tire drone from the rear.
http://www.facebook....ment_id=1254978

The Saga FLX is Fun and involving drive....maybe a bit too "involving" aka noisy at higher speeds smile_tongue.gif

Depending on your your expectations, there are quite a few things to do on a Saga.
I advice we do it in stages so you can gauge the improvements and Bang for Buck value.

For a start , lets get the car's cabin ambience more comfortable and quieter first, i rec,
note: this is the rec. package for Saga.

STAGE 1

1) DOOR TREATMENT. For an Asian car, this has to be the First place to start. You have a choice of,
a) StP , the Russian equivalent to Dynamat. 580 for 4 doors.
This is the common Bitumen/Aluiminium vibration damping mats.
OR
cool.gif Premium Membrane soundproofing mats from US. 780 for 4 doors.
Marine grade mallaeble mats tat are Much more effective and yet weighs 40% less than StP. Come for a live demo to see, hear and feel the difference between the 2.

2) HOOD N BOOT solution. 500 for both.
To reduce Engine and Resonance and Drone in the cabin. Helps reduce the ear level resonance which can be very tiring.
We can lgive you a quick dIn-car demo of its effectiveness here. Warning: it is Poisonous !!!

3) AutoFOAM COMFORT package for complete Undercarriage plus Engine frames....880.
This will help improve your Ride Comfort, Handling and Hi speed noise. Helps reduce suspension noise over rutted roads.

4) 3M DOOR SEALS. Rm 180 for 4 doors.
Add-on PU ( not the common rubber) door strips to help reduce external noise ie bikes, buses. Also helps a bit with wind noise.

Total for Stage 1: rm 2340 with Premium Membrane. ( rm 2140 with StP )
Note: all solutions can be done in stages and upgradable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAGE 2 this is where it can get "interesting" smile_evil.gif

1) Premium Membrane / Insumat BUTT treatment package. rm 980.
A tuned treatment that treats the rear section of the car incl. the boot floor, rear wheel arches, floor.
Helps reduce , ONLY reduce, Road and Tire noise. Significant improvement to overall cabin quietness.
Note: "Tunable" to personal preference.

2) AutoFOAM A, B C pillars. Rm 740.
To reduce ear level and wind noise. improves chassis rigidity foer even better Handling and Ride comfort.

3) 3M Roar Buster for front wheel arches. 280.
Water proofed material used by Lexus, imported Toyota, new Hondas for High frequency road and tire noise .

Total for STAGE 2...Rm 2000.
Again, can be done in stages and upgradable.

Note: We do not rec QuietDrive Wheel arc Coating for Saga at this stage yet.
The Saga has a wierd design flaw where there is no isolation panel or barrier on the Saga's front fenders. Cost cutting ???
For designs like these, even changing to the quietest Michelin tires will gve slight improvements BUT still significant enough for those looking to really transform a Saga. Every bit helps. smile_thumbup.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAGE 3.
You should be very happy with Stage 2 so if we come to here, your expectations are very high. smile_wink.gif
We will then look at
1) complete Floor pan damping and insulation.
2) Roof
3) QuietDrive wheel arc coating
4) 6 mil tint for 4 door glass for outside noise insulation
5) AutoFOAM RACE formula for Rocker panels ( door seals), floor frames.
Budget around Rm 3.5K for all the above.

Pop by for a chat and let me buy you a Drink.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO
facebook/AutoFOAM
KL Auto Accessories Sdn. Bhd.
No: 66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff, Kompleks Damai
Off Jalan Ipoh, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4042 9928 / 603-4044 9928
H/P No: 017-282 3073 (Desmond Chong)
http://www.autofoam.com.my/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autofoam/193456474019263

zwei

Posted 11 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

zwei

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 39 posts
QUOTE (dchong @ Oct 11 2012, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi jflcorp,

Thank you for your interest in our solutions. Sorry for late, was busy tuning Thien's new Civic for loud drone from the rear.

The Saga FLX is Fun and involving drive....maybe a bit too "involving" aka noisy at higher speeds smile_tongue.gif

Depending on your your expectations, there are quite a few things to do on a Saga.
I advice we do it in stages so you can gauge the improvements and Bang for Buck value.

For a start , lets get the car's cabin ambience more comfortable and quieter first, i rec,
note: this is the rec. package for Saga.

STAGE 1

1) DOOR TREATMENT. For an Asian car, this has to be the First place to start. You have a choice of,
a) StP , the Russian equivalent to Dynamat. 580 for 4 doors.
This is the common Bitumen/Aluiminium vibration damping mats.
OR
cool.gif Premium Membrane soundproofing mats from US. 780 for 4 doors.
Marine grade mallaeble mats tat are Much more effective and yet weighs 40% less than StP. Come for a live demo to see, hear and feel the difference between the 2.

2) HOOD N BOOT solution. 500 for both.
To reduce Engine and Resonance and Drone in the cabin. Helps reduce the ear level resonance which can be very tiring.
We can lgive you a quick dIn-car demo of its effectiveness here. Warning: it is Poisonous !!!

3) AutoFOAM COMFORT package for complete Undercarriage plus Engine frames....880.
This will help improve your Ride Comfort, Handling and Hi speed noise. Helps reduce suspension noise over rutted roads.

4) 3M DOOR SEALS. Rm 180 for 4 doors.
Add-on PU ( not the common rubber) door strips to help reduce external noise ie bikes, buses. Also helps a bit with wind noise.

Total for Stage 1: rm 2340 with Premium Membrane. ( rm 2140 with StP )
Note: all solutions can be done in stages and upgradable.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAGE 2 this is where it can get "interesting" smile_evil.gif

1) Premium Membrane / Insumat BUTT treatment package. rm 980.
A tuned treatment that treats the rear section of the car incl. the boot floor, rear wheel arches, floor.
Helps reduce , ONLY reduce, Road and Tire noise. Significant improvement to overall cabin quietness.

2) AutoFOAM A, B C pillars. Rm 740.
To reduce ear level and wind noise. improves chassis rigidity foer even better Handling and Ride comfort.

3) 3M Roar Buster for front wheel arches. 280.
Water proofed material used by Lexus, imported Toyota, new Hondas for High frequency road and tire noise .

Total for STAGE 2...Rm 2000.
Again, can be done in stages and upgradable.

Note: We do not rec QuietDrive Wheel arc Coating for Saga at this stage yet.
The Saga has a wierd design flaw where there is no isolation panel or barrier on the Saga's front fenders. Cost cutting ???
For designs like these, even changing to the quietest Michelin tires will gve slight improvements BUT still significant enough for those looking to really transform a Saga. Every bit helps. smile_thumbup.gif

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

STAGE 3.
You should be very happy with Stage 2 so if we come to here, your expectations are very high. smile_wink.gif
We will then look at
1) complete Floor pan damping and insulation.
2) Roof
3) QuietDrive wheel arc coating
4) 6 mil tint for 4 door glass for outside noise insulation
5) AutoFOAM RACE formula for Rocker panels ( door seals), floor frames.

Pop by for a chat and let me buy you a Drink.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO
facebook/AutoFOAM

Hi Desmond,

Can you give me a rundown on what can be done for Volkswagen Passat? Please give me a breakdown for only stage 1 and the cost.

siv75

Posted 11 October 2012 - 07:03 PM

siv75

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 375 posts
Desmond, if you also don't mind. Can share a first stage solution for the Tucson. Engine noise a bit annoying lah. I don't want to do autofoam on it yet, there seems to be a lot of issues on this car for Hyundai to fix first. Maybe afterwards.

Might pop by on Saturday, wife flying off 1.gif shh shh.

dchong

Posted 12 October 2012 - 03:26 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
Hi zwei,

Looks like this is VW week. smile_tongue.gif Had Polo GTI, Golf GTI, Passat CC in for NVH work over the past days.
http://www.facebook....o...e=1
http://www.facebook....o...e=1

VW saloons generally suffer from boomy resonance from the rear and the dreaded Tire and Road noise. smile_sad.gif
For Passat and most better Conti cars, Stage 1 is a very simple affair,

STAGE 1 for Acoustical Control, aka Soundproofing.
Note: All solutions can be done isn Stages and Upgradable.

Since we are after the Best Bang for Buck effect, we shall leave
a) the doors, which is quite OK to a later stage. ( Unlike Asian cars, where they are the First priority )
cool.gif No need for 3M door seals for VW as it will create a Pressure Cooker cabin. VW have excellent stock door seals.

1) HOOD N BOOT solution. ....Rm 600. Thats All !!!
Helps reduce the "clattery" TFSI and engine noise significantly. Also reduces cabin drone and resonance.
BEST part is you can Test First before you sign onm the C/Card slip smile_thumbup.gif .

STAGE 1 for Ride Comfort, Vibration, Harshness and Handling.
AutoFOAM Comfort package for complete Undercarriage Plus Engine frames....Rm 1180.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
STAGE 1.5
* For VW saloons, this is the MOST crucial area to improve the overall cabin quietness and comfort level.
Premium Membrane / Insumat BUTT treatment package. rm 1280.
A tuned treatment that treats the Rear section of the car incl. the boot floor, rear wheel arches, floor.
Helps reduce Road and Tire noise esp from rear. Significant improvement to overall cabin quietness.

Pop by for a chat and the most "sinful" breast milk tea and appreciate your feedback in another thread here.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO

dchong

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:05 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
siv75,

Bro, a Huge Thank You for your voice of reason and logic in another thread here.
Must buy you your favourite left breast milk tea. smile_thumbup.gif

Since this is the wife's ride, good idea to do it in stages and slowly here.

Yup, start with the
1) HOOD N BOOT solution.
Very significant improvements to harsher engine note( unlike the Civic's sporty sound) and overall Ear level cabin noise.
550 for both.
Time: 1 hour.
Weight: 500 grams.

When you are it, you may want to consider smile_evil.gif smile_tongue.gif
1) AutoFOAMing the A pillars to further improve engine and wind noise
2) Premium membrane Door solution
you know How MUCH you enjoy them on your own ride. ......Cabut......... smile_clown.gif

See you soon, bro.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO

Coffee

Posted 12 October 2012 - 04:52 PM

Coffee

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 729 posts
bro desmond,

A timely discussion above on what can be done for VWs, becasue i just got me self a GTI.

Will be dropping by soon for 'consultation'.

This will be my 6th car done by you through the years. Time really flies!

See you soon.
You're Never Alone When You've Got Your Coffee.