Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Comfortable Tyres!

• Please log in to reply

gallicharm

Posted 28 December 2008 - 12:24 AM

gallicharm

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 89 posts
Hello everybody..Im looking for comfortable and quiet tyres..ANyone have ne ideas on which what tyre brand i should look at?

I heard michelins are the best in providing comfortable rides...I also heard tht michelins are overrated..Currently using 15 inch rims

Thanks in advance

Regards
There is no easy way out if you want to keep your Citroen in perfect shape. Preventice maintenance is the way to go

vr2turbo

Posted 28 December 2008 - 10:22 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (gallicharm @ Dec 28 2008, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hello everybody..Im looking for comfortable and quiet tyres..ANyone have ne ideas on which what tyre brand i should look at?

I heard michelins are the best in providing comfortable rides...I also heard tht michelins are overrated..Currently using 15 inch rims

Thanks in advance

Regards

You can also go through the other posts and you should see a lot of comments, then see for yourself what is good and comfortable, money for value, etc. etc...

rdgs,

Viper

Posted 30 December 2008 - 02:48 PM

Viper

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 626 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 28 2008, 11:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You can also go through the other posts and you should see a lot of comments, then see for yourself what is good and comfortable, money for value, etc. etc...

rdgs,

i suggest you try out Yokohama ASPEC dB decibel. Not a very popular tyre in M;sia. 15 inchi shouldn't that difficult to get.
as compare to 14'. I heard quicksave do stock them.

This is a very comfortable tyre to me, not as noise as those high performance tyre. Is the most quite in Yokohama range.

Don't expect this tyre able to give you high performance ie. during the wet. To me it has the grip, coz normally during raining days, I do slow down. Normal driving stopping not an issue for me.

I currently using it on my CT 14'.

vr2turbo

Posted 30 December 2008 - 03:52 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (Viper @ Dec 30 2008, 03:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i suggest you try out Yokohama ASPEC dB decibel. Not a very popular tyre in M;sia. 15 inchi shouldn't that difficult to get.
as compare to 14'. I heard quicksave do stock them.

This is a very comfortable tyre to me, not as noise as those high performance tyre. Is the most quite in Yokohama range.

Don't expect this tyre able to give you high performance ie. during the wet. To me it has the grip, coz normally during raining days, I do slow down. Normal driving stopping not an issue for me.

I currently using it on my CT 14'.

The Yoko Aspec Db or ES Db range are also quiet. DB (decibels) as it, already explain itself to be quiet.
Quiet tyres normally have small grooves, therefore the cutting through water puddles are less effective, hence the poorer wet handling. For those who requires these priorities, can go ahead to use, but do slow down in heavy rain.

rdgs,

mubull

Posted 30 December 2008 - 04:54 PM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Dec 30 2008, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Yoko Aspec Db or ES Db range are also quiet. DB (decibels) as it, already explain itself to be quiet.
Quiet tyres normally have small grooves, therefore the cutting through water puddles are less effective, hence the poorer wet handling. For those who requires these priorities, can go ahead to use, but do slow down in heavy rain.

rdgs,

ya Yoko Db ES501 do comes with 15" but not Toyo. Not too sure bout MXV8 or GR80 thou. You oso can look into Bridgy AR10, heard is quie tyre too.
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 30 December 2008 - 05:25 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Dec 30 2008, 05:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya Yoko Db ES501 do comes with 15" but not Toyo. Not too sure bout MXV8 or GR80 thou. You oso can look into Bridgy AR10, heard is quie tyre too.

Yup, did see some Aspec tyres at Quicksave..........

rdgs,

mubull

Posted 31 December 2008 - 11:21 AM

mubull

Tokyo Drifter

• Advertiser
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,385 posts
QUOTE (gallicharm @ Dec 28 2008, 12:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks in advance

Regards

btw: gallicharm, what's your ride?
cheers.... Duragloss The Wet Look
www.duragloss.com.my
facebook.com/duraglossmalaysia

vr2turbo

Posted 31 December 2008 - 02:05 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (mubull @ Dec 31 2008, 12:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
btw: gallicharm, what's your ride?

And what actual size looking for.....

rdgs,

idsi2007

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:22 PM

idsi2007

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts
Dear all Sifu...
I'm newbie here. I'm planning to changed my City stock tyres soon. I'm thinking upgrade it from 185/55/R15 to 195/55R15.
I did read through quit no of the posting in this forum, many forummers are recommend to Falken 912.
I'm prefer comfartable & quit rides. In my mind, i have few options they are: Yokohama A-Drive, Falken 912, Goodyear Excellence and Hankook Evo V12. My budget is within RM180 per pcs. Need some advice from all expert here. Which is more suitable & value for money. I'm from Alor Star. Thank you very much.

vr2turbo

Posted 01 January 2009 - 05:55 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (idsi2007 @ Jan 1 2009, 06:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear all Sifu...
I'm newbie here. I'm planning to changed my City stock tyres soon. I'm thinking upgrade it from 185/55/R15 to 195/55R15.
I did read through quit no of the posting in this forum, many forummers are recommend to Falken 912.
I'm prefer comfartable & quit rides. In my mind, i have few options they are: Yokohama A-Drive, Falken 912, Goodyear Excellence and Hankook Evo V12. My budget is within RM180 per pcs. Need some advice from all expert here. Which is more suitable & value for money. I'm from Alor Star. Thank you very much.

The prices quote are mostly for K.L./P.J. market.
For Alor Star you will have to check from your end.
I don't think they have the GY Excellence in your size. The GY Assurance I think have.
At RM180, the Falken ZE-912 falls into this category in P.J. pricing. Hankook V12 slightly higher. A-Drive AA-01 are entry level tyres and should be the cheapest. I would recommend either the ZE-912 or V12 to you.

rdgs,