Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Bi-xenon Headlights For Waja

• Please log in to reply

cfa

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:13 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
The Waja CPS does come with Xenon Lights but the low and high beam is still the conventional bulp / yellow light. Noticed a few mod Waja / Persona and even wira running on bi-xenon lights. It does look much cooler than the std xenon lights. Wonder how much it cost and any other side effects if doing such a mod?

jayson13

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:09 PM

jayson13

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
side effect is other ppl eyes will hurt smile_angry.gif smile_tongue.gif

ntc2000

Posted 28 December 2009 - 01:47 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
and bang ur car.

smile.gif

Normally i will on all my sport light to flash kaw them... biggrin.gif

nofear1979

Posted 28 December 2009 - 03:45 PM

nofear1979

Hot Rod

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 14,648 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Dec 28 2009, 01:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
and bang ur car.

smile.gif

Normally i will on all my sport light to flash kaw them... biggrin.gif

ntc ur sport light damn scary.... i also dun want u flash behind my car... sure blind one.... i lost count how many sport light u pasang...
2012 NMT Vice President - nofear1979

Human Resource Solutions
We provide a comprehensive range of Human Resource (HR) management solutions

jayson13

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:08 PM

jayson13

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 254 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Dec 28 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ntc ur sport light damn scary.... i also dun want u flash behind my car... sure blind one.... i lost count how many sport light u pasang...

ntc always go jungle 1? need so many spotlight to catch monkey ? smile_tongue.gif

cmpong

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:34 PM

cmpong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Dec 28 2009, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Waja CPS does come with Xenon Lights but the low and high beam is still the conventional bulp / yellow light. Noticed a few mod Waja / Persona and even wira running on bi-xenon lights. It does look much cooler than the std xenon lights. Wonder how much it cost and any other side effects if doing such a mod?

The Waja CPS low beam is running on Automotive Lighting (AL) xenon 4350 kelvin color temp. The bi-xenon light that wira /persona mod is using those aftermarket switching of the angle of the reflector inside the bulb. The aftermarket mechanism as discussed years ago is of inferior mechanism, and may get stuck, i.e after switching on the angle to induce high beam,can't switch back to low beam.

Waja is using the Eurporean standard of 4 headlight system, where if one switch on high beam, the low beam will stayed on as well. If Waja using Bi-xenon, then the projector xenon beam and the unshielded high beam will shine together giving the worst glare one could imagine.

To counter that, several pairs of Hella/ PIAA spotlight needed to be used to counter the strike happy.gif

cfa

Posted 28 December 2009 - 04:42 PM

cfa

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 833 posts
QUOTE (cmpong @ Dec 28 2009, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The Waja CPS low beam is running on Automotive Lighting (AL) xenon 4350 kelvin color temp. The bi-xenon light that wira /persona mod is using those aftermarket switching of the angle of the reflector inside the bulb. The aftermarket mechanism as discussed years ago is of inferior mechanism, and may get stuck, i.e after switching on the angle to induce high beam,can't switch back to low beam.

Waja is using the Eurporean standard of 4 headlight system, where if one switch on high beam, the low beam will stayed on as well. If Waja using Bi-xenon, then the projector xenon beam and the unshielded high beam will shine together giving the worst glare one could imagine.

To counter that, several pairs of Hella/ PIAA spotlight needed to be used to counter the strike happy.gif

So technical explaination, making me confused. I agree that ori is still the best so this means that one should not change his Waja CPS Headlamps to bi-xenon.

ntc2000

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:26 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (nofear1979 @ Dec 28 2009, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

only 1 pair hella imitation spot light ler... not much ler... am thinking to install another pair next month... but afraid block the air flow for aircond cooler... might need to find suitable place to install...

ntc always go jungle 1? need so many spotlight to catch monkey ? smile_tongue.gif

yes bro, always go back hometown mah.... and is urban area.... a lot animal cross road mah... am fed up with all those osram NB, CB bulb, cannot last long 1...

ntc2000

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
cfa bro, general speaking ... cps xenon is more than enough alr... if u afraid not enough bright during rainy day, just throw in another pair of spotlight which is 3000k and upgrade its bulb to branded bulb.

cmpong

Posted 28 December 2009 - 05:33 PM

cmpong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 481 posts
QUOTE (cfa @ Dec 28 2009, 04:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So technical explaination, making me confused. I agree that ori is still the best so this means that one should not change his Waja CPS Headlamps to bi-xenon.

Back to basic, Wira/ Persona halogen bulb consists of 2 filaments
i) low beam - the 55w filament is shielded (a cover to block the light from shinning to the sky)
ii) high beam - the 60w filament is unshielded (no cover, the light will shine everywhere it like)

Waja, 1 bulb 1 filament.
i) low beam bulb - covered by projector lense so that it will not shine to sky
ii) high beam bulb - uncovered - it shines everywhere

Xenon

Wira/ Persona - no filament as it is xenon gas charged. how to achieve low and high beam in 1 "bulb"? use a mechanism to change the angle of the cover
low beam- half open cover
high beam- no cover

Waja
i) low beam - use the uncovered xenon "bulb" - the light angle is control by the lense so don't shine to sky
ii) high beam - "bulb" available is originally uncovered. if use on the high beam, it shine to the sky. Imagine 2 Xenon "bulbs" shine at you instead of 1?

Continental car
OEM Bi-Xenon - use 1 Xenon "bulb" but change the angle when in high beam, same as aftermarket type Wira.

Cfa, hope you do understand better now. Suggest you learn about halogen bulb before moving on to Xenon "bulb".