Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Soundproofing

• Please log in to reply

rikeys

Posted 12 January 2010 - 09:11 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
ok who wants to start the ball rolling

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

vr2turbo

Posted 13 January 2010 - 08:25 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (rikeys @ Jan 12 2010, 09:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok who wants to start the ball rolling

You did. Anyway, where is your Forte gang..... smile_question.gif

whiteforte

Posted 13 January 2010 - 09:18 PM

whiteforte

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
Nobody wants to soundproof their car except Rikeys & me. Guess our ears are very sensitive. smile.gif

GuyM

Posted 13 January 2010 - 10:05 PM

GuyM

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,056 posts
Goin to KL Auto, leave yr car there, watch Desmond's rip it apart bits by bits, then after 6 hours, pun fei sao char siew rice and some teh ais, kautim lor..... then take out Plat card and sipe that 4K away.

sunyatsen

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

sunyatsen

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 757 posts
QUOTE (GuyM @ Jan 13 2010, 10:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Goin to KL Auto, leave yr car there, watch Desmond's rip it apart bits by bits, then after 6 hours, pun fei sao char siew rice and some teh ais, kautim lor..... then take out Plat card and sipe that 4K away.

With RM4K, I want Buddha Jump Over The Wall. Char Siew Fan only kah??? smile_tongue.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 14 January 2010 - 11:17 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (sunyatsen @ Jan 14 2010, 09:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With RM4K, I want Buddha Jump Over The Wall. Char Siew Fan only kah??? smile_tongue.gif

Buddha dish needs RM10k....ha! ha! smile_tongue.gif Wah! RM4k get Char Siew Fan/ Teh Ais only...... smile_shock.gif smile_big.gif

ketaauto

Posted 14 January 2010 - 01:48 PM

ketaauto

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 396 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 14 2010, 11:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Buddha dish needs RM10k....ha! ha! smile_tongue.gif Wah! RM4k get Char Siew Fan/ Teh Ais only...... smile_shock.gif smile_big.gif

Forte definitely need soundproofing if comparing to sonata , optra ,wish , altis....etc.... especially Forte's doors are quite milo tin and also no thanks to the noisy and harsh 17" kumho tyres .....

The best solutions are :
- pasang Soundblok' Propad for the 4 doors panel and as well as front fender and rear quater panel.
- downgrade to 15" or 16" wheels with tyres from michelin/falken/continental/yokohama(improted from Jap).

vr2turbo

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:09 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (ketaauto @ Jan 14 2010, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forte definitely need soundproofing if comparing to sonata , optra ,wish , altis....etc.... especially Forte's doors are quite milo tin and also no thanks to the noisy and harsh 17" kumho tyres .....

The best solutions are :
- pasang Soundblok' Propad for the 4 doors panel and as well as front fender and rear quater panel.
- downgrade to 15" or 16" wheels with tyres from michelin/falken/continental/yokohama(improted from Jap).

I thought Forte is much better than other cars? smile_question.gif

rikeys

Posted 14 January 2010 - 04:38 PM

rikeys

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,391 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Jan 14 2010, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought Forte is much better than other cars? smile_question.gif

yup it is we just gatal only hahahaha just to perli others so they can show off their kimchi bashing skills kakakaka

Join MyFORTE: Forte Owners Club - Facebook Group now! Be part of the growing Forte family..
Bookmark this now - www.myforteclub.com

dchong

Posted 14 January 2010 - 07:12 PM

dchong

Road Warrior

• Advertiser
  • PipPip
  • 675 posts
Hi guys,

All cars can benefit from extra soundproofing. Who doesnt want a more comfortable and luxurious ride?

To effectively "soundproof" a car, one must understand that there 2 different source of noise...

1) noise created by the car itself ie. drivetrain, engine, exhaust.

2) noise created by external forces eg. traffic, road, tire, wind, rain etc.

Soundproofing must be done systematically as if not, you will suddenly hear noises from other areas you were not aware of earlier.

Some of my dos and donts ...

# The doors are always the Best Bang for Buck area to start with.

# Never do the lower Firewall First if you are looking to reduce engine and tire noise. At best, you will not find much improvement. At worst, you will hear engine / road roar even more.

# Materials like Dynamat, Wurth are Not the most effective in reducing Front tire noise.

# Soft materials like Superlon on door panels can adversly affect your Audio's sound quality.

# The pillars ( A, B and C ) are the most important areas for a quieter cabin.

So careful and educated application is crucial in achieving best results. Visit our site for more info.

Cheers,

Desmond
KL AUTO
www.autofoam.com.my
KL Auto Accessories Sdn. Bhd.
No: 66, Jalan Dato Haji Eusoff, Kompleks Damai
Off Jalan Ipoh, 50400 Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 603-4042 9928 / 603-4044 9928
H/P No: 017-282 3073 (Desmond Chong)
http://www.autofoam.com.my/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Autofoam/193456474019263