Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ncd Transfer To New Car?

• Please log in to reply

alexT

Posted 06 January 2012 - 08:38 AM

alexT

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 234 posts
looks like the whole process of selling ur car (tranfer this and tat) is abit complicated, thats y most of the new car buyers r willing to let go their old car at much lower value to the SC/second hand dealer. mayb there shud b a write-up on the steps a person shud take frm the moment he wants to sell his car until he gets his new car. tongue.gif . any volunteers? or we hv such thread already?

ain206

Posted 15 January 2012 - 11:39 PM

ain206

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
QUOTE (alexT @ Jan 6 2012, 08:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
looks like the whole process of selling ur car (tranfer this and tat) is abit complicated, thats y most of the new car buyers r willing to let go their old car at much lower value to the SC/second hand dealer. mayb there shud b a write-up on the steps a person shud take frm the moment he wants to sell his car until he gets his new car. tongue.gif . any volunteers? or we hv such thread already?

I try to make it simple and the best method i can think of in respect of selling a car. Other please also share what you have in mind

1. Sell your car without your insurance coverage.
2. Cancelled your insurance policy and get a refund if any.
3. By doing this if someone else use you car and met with and accident / car get stolen you are safe because your policy is
inoperative.
4. Get a NCD confirmation from the co, so that the NCD can be transferred to your new car without hassle.
5. Anything about insurance check with the insurance company, about financing refer to the bank , about selling value it is
subjective because it willing buyer willing seller concept, and refer to friends who have good knowledge about it.
6. Most car dealer is trying to minimize their cost. The will charge full insurance premium but actual fact they only pay a
fraction of it but transferring the policy to the new buyer
7. If the car you are selling still in financing, be sure that the dealer settle the o/standing amount. On many occasion it is
only "sambung bayar" by the buyer without the knowledge of the seller. Even if the seller agree to it i suggest you avoid
such arrangement because any default in repayment, in legal term you are still responsible as the hire purchase
agreement is still under your name.

Thats about it from me.

beauwlf

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

beauwlf

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Ok i want to get this straight..
I have an 10yo Kancil i think yearly premium about 1xx only with NCD never claimed
now getting exora with premium 1.9 K
Have not paid any deposit yet....

Pls advise how can i save $$ and feed my kids instead :-D

cute_boboi

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:32 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (beauwlf @ Feb 27 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an 10yo Kancil i think yearly premium about 1xx only with NCD never claimed

Assuming both cars are/will register under your name, transfer the 55% NCD from kancil to the exora. Then for the kancil, buy new insurance with 0% NCD, i.e. full premium price with no discount.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous

vr2turbo

Posted 28 February 2012 - 08:17 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (beauwlf @ Feb 27 2012, 05:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Kancil still on comprehensive insurance, right? If yes, then follow bro. cute_boboi method...

beauwlf

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

beauwlf

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Feb 28 2012, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Kancil still on comprehensive insurance, right? If yes, then follow bro. cute_boboi method...

Yup done, Etika did well to handle my inquiry...
They created a new policy for the kancil and prepared the NCD release form to be faxed over..

This should save me RM1k ... Thank you all for the advise :-D

vr2turbo

Posted 01 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (beauwlf @ Mar 1 2012, 09:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yup done, Etika did well to handle my inquiry...
They created a new policy for the kancil and prepared the NCD release form to be faxed over..

This should save me RM1k ... Thank you all for the advise :-D

You are welcome..... smile_thumbup.gif
Thanks to Power of the forum...... smile_tongue.gif

jflcorp

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:06 AM

jflcorp

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 194 posts
I had a problem,when I bought my new car, and sold off my old car, the SA "forgot" to cancel my old Insurance and transfer my NCD. My ncd is 15%. then after Imfound out I went to P&O, luckily, the new owner also bought P&O so my old car got 2 insurance! They did the check, cancelled my old insurance, it was a more clear cut case, gave me a rebate with cheque after 2-3 weeks. Then the new insurance, they reverted my NCD and returned me 15% of my premiums. So next year my NCD comes with 20%! woohoo! I like P&O!

vr2turbo

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:04 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ May 9 2012, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I had a problem,when I bought my new car, and sold off my old car, the SA "forgot" to cancel my old Insurance and transfer my NCD. My ncd is 15%. then after Imfound out I went to P&O, luckily, the new owner also bought P&O so my old car got 2 insurance! They did the check, cancelled my old insurance, it was a more clear cut case, gave me a rebate with cheque after 2-3 weeks. Then the new insurance, they reverted my NCD and returned me 15% of my premiums. So next year my NCD comes with 20%! woohoo! I like P&O!

15%? After first year is 25% then 30% for third year or as follows:-

After the 1st year - 25
After the 2nd year - 30
After the 3rd year - 38 1/3
After the 4th year - 45
After the 5th year - 55

cute_boboi

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:18 AM

cute_boboi

Heart Like a Wheel

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,883 posts
QUOTE (jflcorp @ May 9 2012, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do not depend too much on SA. Most of them boh-chup on extra work and just want to settle deal, get commission/profit only. Before deal, everyday call you. After deal, you call him everyday also can't get. smile_blackeye.gif

That is why I prefer to deal myself. Do you know if you pay the annual insurance premium yourself over the insurance counter, you can get additional 10% off ?

FYI, I'm getting 55% + 10% NCD. For a 4k premium, I save another rm400 smile_approve.gif
Why would I want the SA/agent to do it for me ? But of course, I have to settle the transfer/NCD stuff, which is not that difficult.

"When Columbus started out he didn`t know where he was going. When he got there he didn`t know where he was and when he got back he didn`t know where he had been." - Anonymous