Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Rexton 270xdi - Engine Check Light

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply

unser7272

Posted 04 November 2010 - 07:31 PM

unser7272

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
Dear Sifu;

Need help lah. Lately (about one month) the engine have knock sensor problem very frequently (loud noise) when driving very slowly. Now worst still is engine gets cut off and die. Stop and restart and seem like fuel not getting in and ramp a few time then back to normal. This only happen when driving very slowly.

The fault read out is always the same;

a) P1148 Knock Sensor - adaptation fault

cool.gif P1259 High Rail pressure Supply high

c) P1252 Pressure CTRL V. V Volt high

d) P0183 Fuel Temp snsr, A crct-sig high

My mechanic just reset the fault and after a few days same thing with Engine Check light ON. Mechanic have changed the diesel fuel filter but still the same.

Next he say will take out the knock sensor to check for bad contact

Please any SIFU help urgently. Thank you very much.

WNQ ****

unser7272

byebye2u

Posted 04 November 2010 - 09:33 PM

byebye2u

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
QUOTE (unser7272 @ Nov 4 2010, 07:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dear Sifu;

Need help lah. Lately (about one month) the engine have knock sensor problem very frequently (loud noise) when driving very slowly. Now worst still is engine gets cut off and die. Stop and restart and seem like fuel not getting in and ramp a few time then back to normal. This only happen when driving very slowly.

My mechanic just reset the fault and after a few days same thing with Engine Check light ON. Mechanic have changed the diesel fuel filter but still the same.

WNQ ****

hi bro, sorry to hear the car problem.

The code P1252 - relates to a faulty Injector - in which case the injector is faulty internally and needs renewing/replacing.

other code I don't know.

but I found these that may help you understand the problem.

http://www.2carpros....ouble_codes.htm

but much better if you could ask Ssangyong uk club.

NIK

unser7272

Posted 04 November 2010 - 10:21 PM

unser7272

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
QUOTE (byebye2u @ Nov 4 2010, 09:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi bro, sorry to hear the car problem.

The code P1252 - relates to a faulty Injector - in which case the injector is faulty internally and needs renewing/replacing.

other code I don't know.

but I found these that may help you understand the problem.

http://www.2carpros....ouble_codes.htm

but much better if you could ask Ssangyong uk club.

NIK

How to confirm if injector is faulty? Maybe correct at when restart the engine seem to want to cut off (RPM up and down) and after a few ramping it's OK and engine RPM back to normal

Other SIFU please help

WNQ ****

unser7272

r3xt0n

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:10 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
Dear Sifu;

WNQ ****

Hi Bro unser7272, are you a Rexton Owner too? If yes, perhaps you like to introduce yourself at http://forum.autowor...h...95943&st=20 to be added to Rextonian List.

It is good to get a full diagnosis done by Service Center to confirm the faulty parts. Bro Teerex did experienced similar Check Engine issue but was easily solved by his SC mechanic. Sometimes, fault could be easily solved by servicing them and if part replacement is necessary, always check and compare price. RextonHub can get pretty good part price as compared to SC price.

unser7272

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:13 PM

unser7272

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 335 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Nov 4 2010, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro unser7272, are you a Rexton Owner too? If yes, perhaps you like to introduce yourself at http://forum.autowor...h...95943&st=20 to be added to Rextonian List.

It is good to get a full diagnosis done by Service Center to confirm the faulty parts. Bro Teerex did experienced similar Check Engine issue but was easily solved by his SC mechanic. Sometimes, fault could be easily solved by servicing them and if part replacement is necessary, always check and compare price. RextonHub can get pretty good part price as compared to SC price.

Bro Teerex,

How did you resolve problems? Replaced the knock sensors? How much for the parts?

I am a Rex 270xdi - Lux owner, year 2005, mileage 97,000km and have add myself to Rex owner list.
unser7272

rx270xdi

Posted 05 November 2010 - 12:53 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (unser7272 @ Nov 5 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Teerex,

How did you resolve problems? Replaced the knock sensors? How much for the parts?

I am a Rex 270xdi - Lux owner, year 2005, mileage 97,000km and have add myself to Rex owner list.

Hi Bro,

Since your location is at Bandar Sunway, why don't you just send to the SC at USJ for full diagnosis check?

Lately my friend do received a call from the mechanic was asking advice to solve the rexton problems, his location is very near to your area, without seeing or testing the problems car, will be very difficult to judge what the problem is actually happen to the car.

r3xt0n

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:55 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (unser7272 @ Nov 5 2010, 12:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Bro Teerex,

Added you to Rextonian List. We having a TT at Awan Besar R&R on 06 Nov (Sat) at 2pm, why don't you join us? I am sure everyone can help better if can see the actual problem itself.

r3xt0n

Posted 05 November 2010 - 01:59 PM

r3xt0n

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,148 posts
QUOTE (rx270xdi @ Nov 5 2010, 12:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Bro,

Since your location is at Bandar Sunway, why don't you just send to the SC at USJ for full diagnosis check?

Lately my friend do received a call from the mechanic was asking advice to solve the rexton problems, his location is very near to your area, without seeing of testing the problems car, will be very difficult to judge what the problem is actually happen to the car.

Right, getting a full diagnosis from SC to confirm the problem is better before deciding on anything. Is the USJ SC the one that Bro Teerex went?

rx270xdi

Posted 05 November 2010 - 05:06 PM

rx270xdi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 765 posts
QUOTE (r3xt0n @ Nov 5 2010, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, getting a full diagnosis from SC to confirm the problem is better before deciding on anything. Is the USJ SC the one that Bro Teerex went?

Most of our members do send their car for full diagnosis checked or full serviced for the first time we bought, YES! the Authorizes Ssangyong SC we always went, there is the first choice for us. Stanley is a nice, and easy going person.

christos

Posted 27 January 2011 - 02:27 AM

christos

2nd Gear

• Members
  • 2 posts
Dear Sifu;

WNQ ****