Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Nissan Navara Or Mitsubishi Triton 2.5 Vg

• Please log in to reply

adly

Posted 08 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

adly

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 57 posts
QUOTE (convict @ Mar 8 2011, 10:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
wah, daddy paying for it. lucky u.

if you're driving alone, the navara beat all the pick ups. go for it man, somemore it look dam macho!

thumbs up!

haha, still a student.what to do...so,he need pay tongue.gif
yeah, I think I go for it... now just wait for him...
19 and counting... Getting better..

tpl

Posted 09 March 2011 - 07:06 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (adly @ Mar 8 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wahh congrats smile_thumbup.gif
2012 NMT President

Rocker2002

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:21 PM

Rocker2002

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
YOU ARE SO LUCKY !!!
Has anyone study the gear ratio of pickup ?
How smooth is the Navara gear change ?

Chiristina

samuelchy

Posted 21 March 2011 - 09:04 PM

samuelchy

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts
personally prefer Triton and D-max. tongue.gif
Mit's 2.8 engines can be easily overheat. other than that is just fine.

tpl

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:27 AM

tpl

N20 Soul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,101 posts
QUOTE (adly @ Mar 8 2011, 10:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

got ur truck d?
2012 NMT President

breakpopin

Posted 17 April 2011 - 10:23 PM

breakpopin

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 82 posts
Test drove the Navara today and found it a little clunky.. power wise is good but it has to be pressed. Muscular looks, feels like an American truck. I went to Mitsubishi after that to test drive the triton. Somehow i feel the triton drives better in terms of normal day to day engine response, probably due to it's lighter weight. It feels more like a suv than the navara, it could be due to the road i was testing, one in puchong (nissan) the other in hartamas and highway (mitsu) biggrin.gif.

Been doing some research as well and as OP posted, the 2.5 VG has landed in Thailand. In fact, it was already in other countries closed to a year ago. Australia probably had that engine back in 2010 April maybe?

Does anyone have any idea when it will arrive here at our shores? Been asking the mitusbishi sales man and none of them knows. Well they probably do but not telling cuz if they tell, nobody will want to take the current 2.5 biggrin.gif

ekhoo

Posted 20 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

ekhoo

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 108 posts
Hmm, I've the same impression. I tested both in PJ area. I'm also waiting for the VG version and similarly, no one in Mitsu will tell me when. Even asking the question on the website receives no answer.

QUOTE (breakpopin @ Apr 17 2011, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Test drove the Navara today and found it a little clunky.. power wise is good but it has to be pressed. Muscular looks, feels like an American truck. I went to Mitsubishi after that to test drive the triton. Somehow i feel the triton drives better in terms of normal day to day engine response, probably due to it's lighter weight. It feels more like a suv than the navara, it could be due to the road i was testing, one in puchong (nissan) the other in hartamas and highway (mitsu) biggrin.gif.

Been doing some research as well and as OP posted, the 2.5 VG has landed in Thailand. In fact, it was already in other countries closed to a year ago. Australia probably had that engine back in 2010 April maybe?

Does anyone have any idea when it will arrive here at our shores? Been asking the mitusbishi sales man and none of them knows. Well they probably do but not telling cuz if they tell, nobody will want to take the current 2.5 biggrin.gif

faultynav

Posted 27 May 2011 - 09:30 AM

faultynav

6th Gear

• Members
  • 6 posts

fyi fyi.. bought a nissan navara, very happy with handling,performance and comfort. unfortunately quite shortlived. first incident happened 6 months back - absorbers leaking..the car has never been offroad or even up a curb. changed shocks to tough dog myself. 4k, instead of waiting for etcm to verify liability. last week- sudden loss of power, was informed that fuel pump was faulty. though customer service is good,i expect the car to be trouble free for at least 3 years. was told by etcm there has been a few cars coming in with the fuel pump issue, perhaps the navara is too highly tuned which compromises reliability. will wait for car to be out of workshop next week and then writing in to papers and trading in car for something reliable, toyota perhaps? shame on you nissan

Tourist

Posted 27 May 2011 - 10:51 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (faultynav @ May 27 2011, 09:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
fyi fyi.. bought a nissan navara, very happy with handling,performance and comfort. unfortunately quite shortlived. first incident happened 6 months back - absorbers leaking..the car has never been offroad or even up a curb. changed shocks to tough dog myself. 4k, instead of waiting for etcm to verify liability. last week- sudden loss of power, was informed that fuel pump was faulty. though customer service is good,i expect the car to be trouble free for at least 3 years. was told by etcm there has been a few cars coming in with the fuel pump issue, perhaps the navara is too highly tuned which compromises reliability. will wait for car to be out of workshop next week and then writing in to papers and trading in car for something reliable, toyota perhaps? shame on you nissan

Toyota has better reputation for chassis reliability. Isuzu has better reputation for engine reliability.
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.

totti

Posted 27 May 2011 - 04:28 PM

totti

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 464 posts
QUOTE (Tourist @ May 27 2011, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Toyota has better reputation for chassis reliability. Isuzu has better reputation for engine reliability.

I owned a Hilux before and the power is not as good as Navara and triton but engine is very reliable and space.(the best among them)

I tested the Navara and triton (existing model) and noticed that triton is better in term of pick up, space and dashboard design. You don't feel the pulling power and immediate pick up on navara even with 170HP.

To choice among them. i will go for (i) Triton (good pick up and better dash board design) (ii) Hilux (good space & external design) (iii) Navara (tight space for backseat and no power for pick up). As for engine and fuel consumption, they are more or less the same.

With the latest triton with VG at 170HP. This truck really fun to drive.