Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Beware Of Ban Hooi Klang

• Please log in to reply

flee

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:24 PM

flee

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,018 posts
Last time I went to Ban Hooi, they were heck of a busy but since I do not have fancy rims on my car, they are OK. But they do charge extra for valves. So do ask for the bottom line price, not just the tyre price.
Regards,
Flee

vr2turbo

Posted 22 December 2011 - 01:47 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
Any shop for that matter, must check properly.
Got one, the tyre price was very cheap, even balancing not included, then add this and that the price become higher already...... smile_blackeye.gif

XRS

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:16 AM

XRS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
QUOTE (zhienteddy @ Dec 20 2011, 01:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well.. maybe u buy rims tat time u nvr check properly? how can they scrape ur rims when installing new tires? most my family's n frens car change tires there, a least 6-8sets a year. so far so gud. honest sales person n ofcourse their honest price. i'm from subang, dun mind goin somewhere further cause i juz dun like some tire shops from sunway n glenmarie sell tires also 5-15% more expensive.

I don't think I'm that dumb to not be able to differentiate how and when my rims are damaged.
How can they scrape my rims when changing tyres? Bring your rims to me I will show you how. Come to think of it no wonder you're satisfied, you can't even figure how they damage the rims.
Good to hear you have good experience with them, but I'll never step foot into that shop again no matter what their prices are.

AE111GT

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:18 PM

AE111GT

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 318 posts
Should have brought it up to the owner. He is quite easy going.

vr2turbo

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:42 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,443 posts
QUOTE (AE111GT @ Dec 24 2011, 01:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Should have brought it up to the owner. He is quite easy going.

But he won't be able to do anything.
I had a bad experience recently in the Paramount Garden tyre shop. Theirs is the only one I know who still does tyre burn to patch chipped off rubber. But after my experience there won't go back anymore either.
My brother borrowed my spare car, during his holidays back in Malaysia. He chipped the sidewall of my rear tyres, so I had to repair it. I had introduce my friend there before and they did a good job. What I found later, the sifu who did it, has left, so the guy doing it now is hopeless. They had to do mine 3 times, and it is still bad. Moreover removing and fitting the tyres, they scratches my rims too..... smile_blackeye.gif