Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Saga Blm

• Please log in to reply

jj0000

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:36 PM

jj0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
en... good suggestion and explanation from dab and vr2, thanks again.

Since i search rim from web, i have some question to u all, please help cause i'm noob to car, hehe smile_tongue.gif

they wrote information to rim from web, example :

-15"x6jj (what mean by jj? 15 inch times 6jj ? do not understand @@")
-offset 40 (what mean by offset?)

and how to know the material of rim from name of rim? since i only search from web, i din touch it and cannot try which one lighter..

Please help and advice again, thanks thanks ^^

vr2turbo

Posted 07 October 2010 - 01:03 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Oct 7 2010, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
en... good suggestion and explanation from dab and vr2, thanks again.

Since i search rim from web, i have some question to u all, please help cause i'm noob to car, hehe smile_tongue.gif

they wrote information to rim from web, example :

-15"x6jj (what mean by jj? 15 inch times 6jj ? do not understand @@")
-offset 40 (what mean by offset?)

and how to know the material of rim from name of rim? since i only search from web, i din touch it and cannot try which one lighter..

Please help and advice again, thanks thanks ^^

15" is the rims size. 6JJ is the rims width. Offset 40 is the distance, how far the wheel will be offset against the wheel mounting area. The smaller the number, the further out the rims.
Refer:-
http://www.1010tires...e=wheels#offset

For material, there are all sorts. If lightweight it will be mentioned. Forged wheels are the tougher ones but more expensive.
You can check out Sunway area as there are many rims shops there or can check out Rims World in Glenmarie.
http://forum.autowor...showtopic=95992

http://forum.autowor...h...t=0&start=0

jj0000

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

jj0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 7 2010, 01:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
15" is the rims size. 6JJ is the rims width. Offset 40 is the distance, how far the wheel will be offset against the wheel mounting area. The smaller the number, the further out the rims.
http://www.1010tires...e=wheels#offset

For material, there are all sorts. If lightweight it will be mentioned. Forged wheels are the tougher ones but more expensive.
You can check out Sunway area as there are many rims shops there or can check out Rims World in Glenmarie.
http://forum.autowor...showtopic=95992

http://forum.autowor...h...t=0&start=0

Thanks thanks to vr2 provided me very useful information again, like this forum so much, keke^^

vr2turbo

Posted 08 October 2010 - 08:44 AM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Oct 7 2010, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks thanks to vr2 provided me very useful information again, like this forum so much, keke^^

you are welcome..... smile_thumbup.gif
For more info on rims & tyres visit "Tyre and Wheel Talk" topics...... smile_wink.gif

jj0000

Posted 08 October 2010 - 05:08 PM

jj0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
All sifu, any recommend brand of lower springs can combo with stock absorber and 14" rim will not hit fender while carrying 4 passengers ? smile_blush.gif

vr2turbo

Posted 08 October 2010 - 09:06 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Oct 8 2010, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All sifu, any recommend brand of lower springs can combo with stock absorber and 14" rim will not hit fender while carrying 4 passengers ? smile_blush.gif

Not recommended lower springs with stock absorber. Not matching and will kill absorber faster..... smile_blackeye.gif

dabdab

Posted 09 October 2010 - 09:39 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (vr2turbo @ Oct 8 2010, 09:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not recommended lower springs with stock absorber. Not matching and will kill absorber faster..... smile_blackeye.gif

sport spring have a different spring rate. it has to match damping rate as well. means it needs suitable shocks with suitable increased damping rate for stiffer spring.

if using standard shocks to the sport spring, rebound action might happened quicker or feeling for the lack of damping action from OE shocks. i guess.

jj0000

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:02 PM

jj0000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Ic... that's mean, if i want lower my car to get more stability on highway, i should change absorber as well right? Then only wont hit the fender?

dabdab

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

dabdab

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 470 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Oct 9 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ic... that's mean, if i want lower my car to get more stability on highway, i should change absorber as well right? Then only wont hit the fender?

sport spring are made for designated model (i.e. saga balm) will not do bottoming that might rub the wheel arch.
it is engineered to suit the car. its tested and certified.

not like potong spring technology where you reduce the number of coil, so,at full compression or heavily loaded car, what will happened????you can answer that. i belive

normally the problem happened is due to a beyond allowable tire and wheel size combination or selection. those will lead to mud guard scrubbing or something else. inner scrub due to full lock stering turn. ,,,,

i do see people who are so ambitious about lowering the car. and putting big wheel.
due to the problem the rear has be jacked up. so where is the handing? suspension geometry is off due to the higher butt.
so where is the sporty look? when the car is butt high?

be rational although want to go sporty.

vr2turbo

Posted 10 October 2010 - 09:38 PM

vr2turbo

Forum Ninja

• Members
  • 71,444 posts
QUOTE (jj0000 @ Oct 9 2010, 11:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yup, a full set (shocks and springs) will be better...... smile_thumbup.gif