Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

[official] Proton Exora Bold And Prime

• Please log in to reply

axn

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:31 PM

axn

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
All sifu, got some newbie question.

Going to get my EB soon so need to ask anything that I need to do or watch out.

Question:-

1. Anything special I need to check before leaving the showroom?
(Besides Engine number, paint condition and cosmetics thing)

2. Do I need to send for balancing and alignment ?

3. Recommended Tyres pressure for no load or full load.
(I put 210 front/190 rear for my Waja when driving alone and 220/200 when full load on highway, not sure about big car)

4. Recommend Ron95 or Ron97?

5. What is recommended MAX speed limit below 1000KM?
(Last time got new car always drive below 80KM/h before 3000KM but this time going to outstation once the car out from showroom).

6. Any special driving style that need to follow ?

Thanks in advance.

pgkia

Posted 01 March 2012 - 05:38 PM

pgkia

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 70 posts
Hi,
Anyone from Penang? I am looking for any branches that giving discount like those mentioned in this forum and others. Some were saying 1k, 1.5k and even 2k discount! But...i have asked 3 SAs and all of them said no discount at all.....

ntc2000

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:05 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (axn @ Mar 1 2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
All sifu, got some newbie question.

Going to get my EB soon so need to ask anything that I need to do or watch out.

Question:-

1. Anything special I need to check before leaving the showroom?
(Besides Engine number, paint condition and cosmetics thing)
Check all the optional accessories, free gift and test drive ur car if can

2. Do I need to send for balancing and alignment ?
Before pickup ur car, keep on asking SA to align n balance the wheel properly before handover to u. Telling them u dont have to fix it later.

3. Recommended Tyres pressure for no load or full load.
(I put 210 front/190 rear for my Waja when driving alone and 220/200 when full load on highway, not sure about big car)
is not a big question, there is a sticker on door panel there.... is 210 for 2 passenger, if full load 250. I didnt bother it, mine is 270 when get the car till now.

4. Recommend Ron95 or Ron97?
RON95 is enough

5. What is recommended MAX speed limit below 1000KM?
(Last time got new car always drive below 80KM/h before 3000KM but this time going to outstation once the car out from showroom).
if not mistaken, based on user manual. it is 120km/h (correct me if i am wrong). 2nd day i get my car, already hantam 140-150 ... 059.gif check ur manual later.

6. Any special driving style that need to follow ?
You just need to adapt to drive-by-wire and CVT behavior. Also p1 CVT dont have lock mechanism for slope, u just have to maintain certain level of fuel to make it dont reverse.

Thanks in advance.

ntc2000

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:07 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (pgkia @ Mar 1 2012, 05:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi,
Anyone from Penang? I am looking for any branches that giving discount like those mentioned in this forum and others. Some were saying 1k, 1.5k and even 2k discount! But...i have asked 3 SAs and all of them said no discount at all.....

penang dont know... if kl, then i can help. 059.gif

if want camry, now 2011 discount 15k, 2012 discount 8k.

axn

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:17 PM

axn

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
Thanks sifu for the reply.

@pgkia, I asked most SA also no discount except CPS version have discount, only one give $500 discount for the CFE.
The one I ordered from was my used car dealer, has been given business for many years. He gave me 1K discount. Said the discount actually from the SA commission.

bpguan

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:49 PM

bpguan

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts
QUOTE (ntc2000 @ Feb 29 2012, 10:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it is one way valve. this valve broke due to bad workmanship during assemble. It's contain bearing in there.

2 CFE being fixed, have to monitor for 2-3 to close case...

thx for sharing bro ntc2000...vry good info!!!

its seems like the function of the one way valve is to control the amount of oil into the VVT actuator

thiaga

Posted 02 March 2012 - 08:44 AM

thiaga

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 419 posts
I agree that the accessories package RM4,310 is too expensive and ridiculous.

I hope the CEO of proton reads this or someone forward these comments to Proton management. I think this should be optional to customers and make the customer happy rather than frustrate them. Pls proton dont burden the customers with overrated stuffs coz we never know what we will be going thro with the turbo charged system.

coil mat
safety kit
boot organizer (useless)
number plate holder
tint film - too light so need to re-tint anyway
door visor
mutipurpose container (plastic cup!)
navigator - can buy for RM 399 for garmin brand from superbuy

As for discount, most outlet says none for bold 2012 but got 1 frm pj giving rm 1k for white color and another frm kl giving frm his comm rm 1.5 k for 2012 models.

rgds

dejavu1

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

dejavu1

6th Gear

• Members
  • 9 posts
Last time i checked the prices of EB has risen slightly above 80k and waiting list getting longer.

Still can get discount ah?

hhc8

Posted 02 March 2012 - 02:29 PM

hhc8

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts
I posted this in another section but I think I should be posting in this section instead.

Discovered another problem, sometimes there is 'squeking or creaking sound' from the front suspension. Anyone has this problem?

I notice there is no lever on the rear view mirror to switch for night driving eventhough it is stated in the manual.

Distance to Empty

When the empty fuel sign is lighted, it showed 55 but after driving 1-2 km, it goes ' ---'. Then I pumped RM10, it showed '111'. Does it mean it won't show any distance less than '55'?

Accessories

As for the accessories package, the salesman said it is compulsory and that they need to make money for selling the car so cheap! Bullshit to me! As far as I know only government approved accessories ie radio, air conditoner etc are compulsory. I suppose you can insist to the Manager that you don't want the accessories but he will make you wait half a year!

Discount/Insurance

Be careful if you want to buy your own insurance. My salesman 'bought' for me from my regular insurance co. to get commission eventhough I told him otherwise.

I did not get any discount from the Proton Dealer (not Proton Edar Branch) except a full tank of petrol and useless tinting without guarantee which would costs less than RM200 from the shop. The shop tried to sell me safety/tint, cheapest after RM300 discount RM850!

ntc2000

Posted 02 March 2012 - 03:22 PM

ntc2000

Knight Rider

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,286 posts
QUOTE (hhc8 @ Mar 2 2012, 02:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I posted this in another section but I think I should be posting in this section instead.

Discovered another problem, sometimes there is 'squeking or creaking sound' from the front suspension. Anyone has this problem?
I dont have this issue
I notice there is no lever on the rear view mirror to switch for night driving eventhough it is stated in the manual.
izzit? i haven check on this, but that reverse camera still okie for night mode.

Distance to Empty

When the empty fuel sign is lighted, it showed 55 but after driving 1-2 km, it goes ' ---'. Then I pumped RM10, it showed '111'. Does it mean it won't show any distance less than '55'?

I never try on that, normally leave 1 bar, i alr pump the fuel. I wont let it blink since it's will exhaust the fuel pump. I practice this since wajunk, wajunk fuel pump always kena due to low fuel and overheat and the socket melt.

Accessories

As for the accessories package, the salesman said it is compulsory and that they need to make money for selling the car so cheap! Bullshit to me! As far as I know only government approved accessories ie radio, air conditoner etc are compulsory. I suppose you can insist to the Manager that you don't want the accessories but he will make you wait half a year!

No choice, have to accept it... have to accept the FACT we kena CON

Discount/Insurance

Be careful if you want to buy your own insurance. My salesman 'bought' for me from my regular insurance co. to get commission eventhough I told him otherwise.

Is okie for me.

I did not get any discount from the Proton Dealer (not Proton Edar Branch) except a full tank of petrol and useless tinting without guarantee which would costs less than RM200 from the shop. The shop tried to sell me safety/tint, cheapest after RM300 discount RM850!

If u in kl and plan to darker ur tint, u can pm me... I am tint agent as well. My bold already tear off the FWS n change to IRR94% film, side and rear tint another layer to darken it.

welcome to bold family bro... smile_thumbup.gif