Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

2nd hand harrier

• Please log in to reply

alldisc

Posted 12 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
allow me to correct some infos.

the very first harrier was brought in as early as 1999. i was working with UMW Toyota Puchong, and got to taste the tiptronic functions for the first time.

it came in 2 vengine specs 3.0 and 2.2. the 2.2 engine is the same one found Camry 2.2. Like many Japanese cars, the Harrier was make available with either 2 wheel drive (front) or 4 wheel drive.
Only later when Toyota was replacing all their engine line-ups with the Z generation, 2.2 was replaced with a 2.4 unit found in Camry 2.4 and Estima 2.4

QUOTE (joechingx @ Mar 10 2009, 11:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi all sifus.do u know what is the ect/snow button functions? should it run for snow condition or for asia, ECT means more power n racing mode?thanks in advance

tthe secret of those functions mention lies only in the gearchange program (in the transmission ECU)

for example under normal run, the auto transmission may change gears at 2,200-2,500rpm but under power mode the gear change may be later so that the engines produce more power and the driver would feel it rushing in - say at 3,000-3,300rpm.

for snow condition, the actual gearchange is even higher as a car needs more traction on super slippery surfaces. gearchange between 2nd and 3rd may happen at 80kph instead of 55kph during economy mode.

the ECU will do all the calculations of vehicle speed, gradient, engine speed and throttle position before deciding which gear is the best to use.

joechingx

Posted 17 March 2009 - 03:26 PM

joechingx

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 229 posts

tthe secret of those functions mention lies only in the gearchange program (in the transmission ECU)

for example under normal run, the auto transmission may change gears at 2,200-2,500rpm but under power mode the gear change may be later so that the engines produce more power and the driver would feel it rushing in - say at 3,000-3,300rpm.

for snow condition, the actual gearchange is even higher as a car needs more traction on super slippery surfaces. gearchange between 2nd and 3rd may happen at 80kph instead of 55kph during economy mode.

the ECU will do all the calculations of vehicle speed, gradient, engine speed and throttle position before deciding which gear is the best to use.
[/quote]
so in short,i can start to use my ect as in my previous camry 2.0E 2005 for my harrier lah?
i tot the ect button meant only for cold snow weather ?
if what u said is true, for more power n pickup, use ECT?