Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Getz 1.3 And 1.4 Thread

• Please log in to reply

yuneh16

Posted 24 December 2011 - 01:54 AM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (ONG333 @ Dec 13 2011, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hi Yuneh16 ,
so what car u drive now?

hi azlan,
nope , hyundai getz steering so heavy ...not the oil problem ..
1,oem alarm spoil - after 1 yrs few month
2,inside door handle broken 4 door ..fuxk ,,cheap plastic(inokom) - between 2 yrs
3,center lock delay spoil - after 3 yrs
4,noob 1.4 getz meter design , stop engine n take out the key,the fuxk meter indiate still show weather temperature,zzzzz
nobody in car , still show weather temperature for what ??? wanna show the Ghost ?? waste battery power only..
5,Frankly speaking i doubt the inokom sprayer they really no professional la .paint job like budak vietnam prentice ,
my getz side mirrow paint & outdoor paint like @#%@# mak mak le..,even the new hyundai i10 also like that especially the back door handle ( got inokom logo one) u all go check n see ..n come back report to me here

but no doubt getz really stable n soundproof than alot car

Hi there Ong,
No new car for me yet. Driving my brother's car for while first.

Sad to hear bout ur predicament. i believe the many item u mentioned is mostly due to local assemble issues. As the Chassis and engine is deliver from Korea, they have assemble/install the insulation stuff as in CBU units. So u notice the low wind noise. Panels, trim, seats and accessories shud be install here, so tau tau la...
My getz only the rear spoiler paint faded, and side mirror just about to fade, but other area still good. Do you wash and wax?

judedavid

Posted 17 January 2012 - 07:04 AM

judedavid

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts
QUOTE (yuneh16 @ Dec 24 2011, 01:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi there Ong,
No new car for me yet. Driving my brother's car for while first.

Sad to hear bout ur predicament. i believe the many item u mentioned is mostly due to local assemble issues. As the Chassis and engine is deliver from Korea, they have assemble/install the insulation stuff as in CBU units. So u notice the low wind noise. Panels, trim, seats and accessories shud be install here, so tau tau la...
My getz only the rear spoiler paint faded, and side mirror just about to fade, but other area still good. Do you wash and wax?

Yuneh - same la, my getz 1.3 also faded at the spoiler area. is it due to extensive wind contact? also your headlights, both sides, do you have certain spots that are rough? also from extensive wind contact, u reckon?
thanks, Jude...

yuneh16

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:05 PM

yuneh16

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 130 posts
QUOTE (judedavid @ Jan 17 2012, 07:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yuneh - same la, my getz 1.3 also faded at the spoiler area. is it due to extensive wind contact? also your headlights, both sides, do you have certain spots that are rough? also from extensive wind contact, u reckon?

hi Jude. sorry for late reply, its been awhile no autoworld ald.
i guess the lacquer and paint dun last long on plastic. it should be due to rain and uv shine that damage it. my both headlamp were 'roughh/unclear' ald since long. maybe bcos i had often apply wax or polish during my ownership. anyway its plastic so will aged by uv rays. my fren let me try a product from cosway, headlamp polish. old car cheap solution rm6 btl..work well for me.
fyi if you intend to change there are many cheap taiwan made headlamp. but not longlasting as per original. originals u can try visit to glenmarie warehouse. i often go there to buy spareparts and they have 10%less on each item. they supply original parts to your neighborhood dealer or workshop. so it will be worthwhile if u passby and dropby.

btw, previously i did post that i have some 1.3 model spares to be clear...anybody interested? most stuff i bought insegambut Express mobis since i work nearby. parts are all well kept in my room now. may pm me

fearless

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:14 AM

fearless

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Hi Getz Owner.. Currently driving Getz TB 1.4.. Major problem is suspension are too soft of my preference.. Try multiple solution, finally the culprit is Kayaba absorber which is soft for this heavy car.. Change abs to Hanyong brand, made in Korea.. Now feel the diff.. No more floating feel on uneven road.. Other mods including front stabiliser bar and rear anti roll bar.. Very confident during cornering.. I plan to let go Eibach Pro Kit Sport spring, only 8 month used.. Reason is: i start to ferry around my family, they complain the hard feel of spring.. Please email me at fearless9009@yahoo.com.. Price is rm 570, still can negotiate
gaji kecik, kete kecik