Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Wish: Brand New 2.0 Or Recond. 1.8 Or Recond. 2.0 Or 1.8 Wald?

• Please log in to reply

mdzin

Posted 07 May 2009 - 12:02 PM

mdzin

4th Gear

• Members
  • 4 posts
Hi All,

I would be much appreciated if anyone of you could give me some advices(Pro. & Con.) on the next car I am going to purchase.

I am thinking to buy either of the following:

1) Brand New 2.0 (UMW version)

2) Recond. 1.8

3) Recond. 2.0 (D4 Engine)

4) 1.8 Wald

dry.gif
spider

alantribe

Posted 08 May 2009 - 12:05 PM

alantribe

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
If you have to go for the Wish, keep in mind that the 3rd row occupants will be complaining about lack of a rear blower to cool them. Best choice will be to go for the UMW model as you can get warranty. The model to avoid is the D4 as the direct injection system will cause problems due to our poor fuel quality.
THE "engine-near"

swinee

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:10 PM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
QUOTE (alantribe @ May 8 2009, 12:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you have to go for the Wish, keep in mind that the 3rd row occupants will be complaining about lack of a rear blower to cool them. Best choice will be to go for the UMW model as you can get warranty. The model to avoid is the D4 as the direct injection system will cause problems due to our poor fuel quality.

the D4 engine used is a petrol engine and not the D4D used in hilux diesel engine..
and is much powerful than the UMW 2AZ engine.. smile_blush.gif

btw, wit RM150k, u can choose a variety of MPVs..
new wish already launched in japan market..with Valvematic engine smile_thumbup.gif

alldisc

Posted 09 May 2009 - 01:37 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
buy new Wish and you can get after sales service anywhere in malaysia plus there is warranty.

not much problem with recond though since the reliability for grey Toyotas (Caldina, Harrier, Alphard, Wish) are very high. Besides, the 1.8 engine for Wish is similar to Altis while for 2.0 is similar to Camry. meaning easy in terms of parts and service.
even though UMWT does not entertain parallel import Toyotas, you can still actually send your car to UMWT for servicing (upon successful requests).

AVOID WALD at all cost as UMWT will not entertain your need no matter what. furthermore, the demand for Wald model is super low; especially used ones. U may find it very difficult to sell back.

btw i must agree with swinee that the all new Wish launched in japan is worth the wait. the current Wish in malaysia is 6 years old already.

swinee

Posted 11 May 2009 - 10:07 AM

swinee

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,042 posts
TS, for the money u spend, i will recommend u go for the mazda 5.. smile_blush.gif
as Alldisc said current model is quite old dy, and new wish wont be hitting our store so early, even recon..

JCMF

Posted 17 June 2009 - 01:48 PM

JCMF

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (swinee @ May 11 2009, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
TS, for the money u spend, i will recommend u go for the mazda 5.. smile_blush.gif
as Alldisc said current model is quite old dy, and new wish wont be hitting our store so early, even recon..

Hello to all Wish owners,
I just bought a used Wish from my friend - 1.8 VVTI, import new, facelift model. I have not really tested this car and so far I'm happy with it, nice car. By the way I googled and found that couple of years back Toyota has recalled Wish due to the steering york problems, but I get this news in Singapore and I couldn't find and news in Malaysia. I asked my wish owner friends and they did not heard of this. Anyone of you know about this? any experience? I bought my wish to the Toyota authorized service center and they mention no problem for our Wish. But I'm in doubt because they don't even check.

Any Wish owner would like to share your Wish experience? Thanks for your time and I appreciate it.

Best regards,

(=^_^=)

hwk

Posted 17 June 2009 - 09:20 PM

hwk

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts
umw got stock meh? i was think to get wish before but no stock, so i get RSZ last 2 month

for me, dont get AP wish... many of they import low spec, modify here than sell as hi spec, as you can see their AP wish at different showroom ,most different spec like rim, bodykit, HU... so it's not "fully import from japan"

ongwc5

Posted 18 June 2009 - 12:34 AM

ongwc5

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 497 posts
QUOTE (mdzin @ May 7 2009, 12:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi All,

I would be much appreciated if anyone of you could give me some advices(Pro. & Con.) on the next car I am going to purchase.

I am thinking to buy either of the following:

1) Brand New 2.0 (UMW version)

2) Recond. 1.8

3) Recond. 2.0 (D4 Engine)

4) 1.8 Wald

dry.gif

Why not consider Honda stream RSZ, fully import from japan woh, somemore got sunroof? blink.gif

JCMF

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:04 AM

JCMF

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (ongwc5 @ Jun 18 2009, 12:34 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not consider Honda stream RSZ, fully import from japan woh, somemore got sunroof? blink.gif

The new Honda Stream is over my budget, so can dream only. I sat on the 1 generation older stream and feel it is not spacious compare to wish, so I go for wish.

(=^_^=)

JCMF

Posted 18 June 2009 - 07:14 AM

JCMF

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 91 posts
QUOTE (hwk @ Jun 17 2009, 09:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
umw got stock meh? i was think to get wish before but no stock, so i get RSZ last 2 month

for me, dont get AP wish... many of they import low spec, modify here than sell as hi spec, as you can see their AP wish at different showroom ,most different spec like rim, bodykit, HU... so it's not "fully import from japan"

Hi hwk,
I bought from my friend who selling import cars and it is being used by him. its about 3 years old and a Jap import new model, costing about 160k for new unit. Until now they still getting new cars from Jap if there is demand. I saw there are 1 new unit left (in red color) which same as mine. The audio is in japanese...

(=^_^=)