Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Honda Civic Fd2 No Quality, Waste Money

• Please log in to reply

rickyoac

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:40 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (thekop555 @ Sep 28 2010, 04:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
agreed....

My dad's FD2 also got such problem n surpisingly..the service centre manager asked my dad's background..then my dad said on automotive line..and then the manager said..."our discussion ends here, we are very sorry about that".....tiu honda...what the fakkk...u want to deal with a naive, the foolish, the dumbest person only kaa?....

Wheel bearing got problem, brake screeching, vibrate and recently stabilizer linkage broken....so, what the hell the 43 point check being applied if they cant trace the damage. means that they bill us with a full of trust in our side?...like that?

Can they proof that they service the aircond?...can they proof that they replace this n that?

Next week will tiu them kaw kaw...

P/s: millenium auto bukit lanjan...beware.

It is really peace of mine paying more to honda sc for servicing ? End up paying more and more only. Claim this paid that.
2 year warranty or 100 00 km whichever came first. Paying only for inferior products.

http://www.honda.com...enance/2006.dot

Be Wise To Survive

rickyoac

Posted 28 September 2010 - 10:47 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (cavaliars @ Sep 27 2010, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mine is covered for 2years or 40K milleage...
maybe they change the warranty poicy...can check in the honda webpage...
but rotor scimming is pretty common.not sure about civic,but city 3G,4G is pretty common...
some opt to scim once...some opt to upgrade aftermarket bigger rotor...

For the brake pad after dissappointed with the original pads twice i changed to bendix metal kings platinum. Which came more quality,more lasting and more cheaper than somtam thailand or nissin mee japan brand
Also skimming plus changing brake pads also much much cheaper than sc.
Some user mention Bendix metal king platinum eat the disc but anyway ori pads already eat much much also. Will really change disc rotor to aftermarket brand after it give up.
Be Wise To Survive

mzi

Posted 28 September 2010 - 05:40 PM

mzi

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 512 posts
Honda Msia only knw how to rip off ppl.

Eg the dash is the hard plastic type (pinch the Accord/Civic dash material, you should feel it is hard). Compare that with a Camry or any continental car and you would know.

City and vios have the same material. See where the cost cutting comes from? Dash material!
these are cost-cutting measures by Honda but sell at max profit price!

You can't sell cars costing more than RM100k with this kind of material. Please HONDA MALAYSIA STOP RIPPING MSIAN PPL!
Even Waja/Wira/Perdana have soft foam-inside dash padding. But these cars are no more in production or are in their last batch production.

Educated and well-informed ppl shld avoid this Honda rip-off.

thekop555

Posted 29 September 2010 - 12:02 AM

thekop555

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
now new altis got CVT tranny....sylphy n x-trail also got...honda?....they dont even hv a guts to put CVT on their next model...see what happen to city?...honda really sux big time...vtec my arrsssss la...poiii

lwh813

Posted 29 September 2010 - 11:54 AM

lwh813

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts
What I can say that owning CKD Honda cars depends on LUCK! Like Ricky's car, My Honda Civic FD2 Sparkling Grey Pearl, also bought 2008 (July). BUT my mileage only covered 40,200km only (ie. HALF of Ricky's Civic Mileage).

High mileage = more wear and tear. How/where you drive, Ricky? DOUBLE MY MILEAGE! 40,000km PER YEAR! That's like taxi mileage already. Did you drive to Thailand (Hatyai) OR Singapore often?

Anyway, so far my Civic only got 2 minor problems. 1) the A'pillar plastic cover keeps popping up. 2) Full steering lock (left or right) got a "TAKK" sound. THAT'S ALL.

Also, My Maintenance free battery's replaced on May 2010 FREE OF CHARGE (at 34,000km). SA said within the 2 years/40,000km warranty period.

Oh! I sent my CIVIC to Sumber Auto Edaran, PJ (Sec 13/4). Very friendly and professional service. Especially a service adviser called Christopher Lum. So far SATISFIED with them.

But I thing I'd like to comment about Honda Malaysia's that they INSIST on every 3 MONTHS OR 5000km service intervals (DESPITE USING Semi-SYNTHETIC OIL). Heard from another forum, a Civic FD1 owner took 7 months to cover 5000km (ie. from 20k to 25k) when sent for service Honda malaysia said WARRANTY VOID coz Did not follow their Schedule.

Note that ALL other Japanese cars such as Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi have 10,000km service intervals. What's with Honda Malaysia. So STUBBORN!

Money is the root of evil unless used for a good cause. - the late Henry Ford

aja

Posted 29 September 2010 - 06:08 PM

aja

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 759 posts
any CKD Honda or CBU Asean Honda quality nowadays are VERY BAD, not value for money...especially those model came from Melaka.

Maybe Honda recruited many Proton staff in their factory...Only God know!

I'm driving Euro R CL7 CBU recond Japan year 2005. TO share my experience about the Honda local parts. Recently I changed the front brake-pad, bought from Honda SC in Johor. I presume the Honda Nisshin brake-pad was made locally or made in Indonesia etc. What concerned me was, after a while of driving the brake started to produced stupid screeching sounds, even on low speed.

So, what I did was I get my mechanic to changed back the standard OEM Japan's brake-pad (that came with the car when I bought the car from Mutiara Motor) and walla...no more stupid screeching sound. I've make an order with Lun Hup Seng Jalan Ipoh ("LHS"), the authorised Honda parts importer for the purchase of new brake-pad and they said that they will imported the brake-pad from singapore. (with the correct product number printed on the box and same product number in stated in the parts manual)

My point here is...I suspected those so call "original" parts sold by Honda SC actually not really "original" and this might contributed towards repeating defects that were experienced by the few forumers here.

My opinions are for those their car still under warranty, just send the the car (with the heart-pain) to the SC to claimed the warranty until the warranty expired. However, those warranty already expired, may be u need to get LHS to order the OEM parts from Singapore (or they might have ready stock if you are lucky) and sent to any trusted mechanic (definitely with lower fee) to do the change.

cavaliars

Posted 30 September 2010 - 01:37 AM

cavaliars

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
QUOTE (aja @ Sep 29 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
any CKD Honda or CBU Asean Honda quality nowadays are VERY BAD, not value for money...especially those model came from Melaka.

I'm driving Euro R CL7 CBU recond Japan year 2005. TO share my experience about the Honda local parts. Recently I changed the front brake-pad, bought from Honda SC in Johor. I presume the Honda Nisshin brake-pad was made locally or made in Indonesia etc. What concerned me was, after a while of driving the brake started to produced stupid screeching sounds, even on low speed.

So, what I did was I get my mechanic to changed back the standard OEM Japan's brake-pad (that came with the car when I bought the car from Mutiara Motor) and walla...no more stupid screeching sound. I've make an order with Lun Hup Seng Jalan Ipoh ("LHS"), the authorised Honda parts importer for the purchase of new brake-pad and they said that they will imported the brake-pad from singapore. (with the correct product number printed on the box and same product number in stated in the parts manual)

My point here is...I suspected those so call "original" parts sold by Honda SC actually not really "original" and this might contributed towards repeating defects that were experienced by the few forumers here.

My opinions are for those their car still under warranty, just send the the car (with the heart-pain) to the SC to claimed the warranty until the warranty expired. However, those warranty already expired, may be u need to get LHS to order the OEM parts from Singapore (or they might have ready stock if you are lucky) and sent to any trusted mechanic (definitely with lower fee) to do the change.

well,some of those honda spare parts thats they claim to be original is mostly OEM...like those Hamp...is truly OEM parts made for honda.but when u go SC,they dun use those part.my brakepad i just use some malaysian made pad,n its fine until now.cheaper than stock,more grip.no sound.wont eat rotor.my stock pad when i change still got atleast 70%,but no more braking grip smile_disapprove.gif

i still remember while my car have 2years free maintainance.i expect to get original honda parts.to my suprise,they use the Hamp (green) oil filter coz i didnt pay anything.another problem is,under the free maintainance period,they only change the oil filter at 10k interval instead of changing it with every time engine oil change.i'm not really happy with this.so i complain n they tell me this HAMP oil filter can last 10K.

i keep quite.then after free maintainance period over,i still service inside,suprise suprise,now they give me the normal blue oil filter(thai made) n charge me rm35 for it.i was like,WTH with it...nvm,i thought change every 10k interval too the oil filter,but,they change every 5k.so i ask them,oil filter not change every 10k?they say nop,change with every engine oil change.then i told them why during free service said oil filter only need to change every 10k interval?the SA cant answer smile_angry.gif

other than CVTF fluid,i wont buy anything from SC.everyting from SC we can get from honda stockist.n we pay atleast 35% cheaper compare to SC.for example,i bought my air filter outside,call up a few stockist,they all selling rm30,saying no original.then i say how about SC 1?they said SC also not original...all oem.but SC say original n selling rm65.double the price.

so good SC.but,1 thing that made me going back to my SC is.most of the problem i complain,they really try to solve.thisis the only point i still go back to SC.i dun know about other sc...but feedback from a few frens,so far good sc is Sri Utama,Peringgit.others dun really know.

i even found out something regarding Honda Body Repair.if really want honda workshop to help u claim insurance,go to either Roda BB,Sri utama,Kah motor.this are the few that OWNS a Honda body repair centre.i experiance b4 claim insurance,some SC dun have body repair centre,so they send to normal Insurance panel workshop.

flakes79

Posted 30 September 2010 - 09:51 AM

flakes79

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 61 posts
QUOTE (aja @ Sep 29 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

as with any other brands, if ur car warranty has already expire, you should send ur car service outside. it is always much cheaper. spare parts are all over the place, take a drive along jln ipoh & there are plenty of honda parts shop. they will be much cheaper than wat the sc has to offer.
also regarding the brakes, i changed my brakes to ebc pads & they screeched at low speed as well but after proper bedding in, they work just fine. good read here http://www.ebcbrakes...leshooting.html

rickyoac

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:05 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (lwh813 @ Sep 29 2010, 11:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What I can say that owning CKD Honda cars depends on LUCK! Like Ricky's car, My Honda Civic FD2 Sparkling Grey Pearl, also bought 2008 (July). BUT my mileage only covered 40,200km only (ie. HALF of Ricky's Civic Mileage).

High mileage = more wear and tear. How/where you drive, Ricky? DOUBLE MY MILEAGE! 40,000km PER YEAR! That's like taxi mileage already. Did you drive to Thailand (Hatyai) OR Singapore often?

Anyway, so far my Civic only got 2 minor problems. 1) the A'pillar plastic cover keeps popping up. 2) Full steering lock (left or right) got a "TAKK" sound. THAT'S ALL.

Also, My Maintenance free battery's replaced on May 2010 FREE OF CHARGE (at 34,000km). SA said within the 2 years/40,000km warranty period.

Oh! I sent my CIVIC to Sumber Auto Edaran, PJ (Sec 13/4). Very friendly and professional service. Especially a service adviser called Christopher Lum. So far SATISFIED with them.

But I thing I'd like to comment about Honda Malaysia's that they INSIST on every 3 MONTHS OR 5000km service intervals (DESPITE USING Semi-SYNTHETIC OIL). Heard from another forum, a Civic FD1 owner took 7 months to cover 5000km (ie. from 20k to 25k) when sent for service Honda malaysia said WARRANTY VOID coz Did not follow their Schedule.

Note that ALL other Japanese cars such as Nissan, Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi have 10,000km service intervals. What's with Honda Malaysia. So STUBBORN!

erm... batu pahat to kuala lumpur , batu pahat to jb. three month 8000 km. My BP no choice only one SC.

now buying toyota and honda car really depends on luck. Friends around my all got problem when buying new .
Honda city problem more or less same with civic.
Toyota vios stability problem. Then suspension problem.

Only less problem now i can said is korean car. CBU quality.

Be Wise To Survive

rickyoac

Posted 30 September 2010 - 11:08 AM

rickyoac

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts
QUOTE (thekop555 @ Sep 29 2010, 12:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
now new altis got CVT tranny....sylphy n x-trail also got...honda?....they dont even hv a guts to put CVT on their next model...see what happen to city?...honda really sux big time...vtec my arrsssss la...poiii

But Honda I-vtec really powerful . Highway 210km/h no sweat. Only this i like. Others sucks.
Be Wise To Survive