Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Myvi Stock Rear Absorber

• Please log in to reply

ishirolee

Posted 28 February 2009 - 10:39 PM

ishirolee

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts
Hi Gurus,

Why Myvi rear absorber kaput so fast. My mileage is 31000Km & two mths to 3yrs old only. My SC say there is oil leaking from the left rear absorber. Why Myvi absorber so fargile. Anyone have the same fate as me? What will happen if I delay the replacement? Can I just change the faulty one only?

rgds.
ishiro

MASsenger

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:35 AM

MASsenger

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,393 posts
QUOTE (ishirolee @ Feb 28 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gurus,

Why Myvi rear absorber kaput so fast. My mileage is 31000Km & two mths to 3yrs old only. My SC say there is oil leaking from the left rear absorber. Why Myvi absorber so fargile. Anyone have the same fate as me? What will happen if I delay the replacement? Can I just change the faulty one only?

rgds.

Don`t be surprised your absorber kaput fast. Local parts are very poor quality. You will find your tyre wear is quicker and also uneven, if you delay changing. Then you have to change tyre also. You must change absorbers in pairs, ie both front or both rear.

The REALdeal

YSW

Posted 13 April 2009 - 10:37 AM

YSW

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 864 posts
Sorry to hear that, but it is not surprising.

Anyway, treat this as a good reason to study about other after-market absorber, you might learn a few lesson about "Original spare parts is not always the best"

You can check out:
1) SACHS
2) APM Performax
3) GAB
4) HWL(?)
5) GV (?)
6) D-Sport
7) Coil over
8) etc

jublak

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:44 PM

jublak

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 161 posts
If ur car is still not 3 years yet, why didn ask them 2 replace under warranty ma...
jublak

trevor7900

Posted 03 May 2009 - 09:33 AM

trevor7900

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts
QUOTE (ishirolee @ Feb 28 2009, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Gurus,

rgds.

Hi ishirolee

My problem is exactly like yours and I found about it only yesterday at Perodua SC.

I rightaway changed it and also the right one also. I just felt that the wear and there should be balanced at the rear.

I got now the old right side absorber which has no leaks and assured from Perodua SC still can use. It was just me being fussy. Haha!

I replaced both sides from RM 164 plus RM 40 for labour. The price still considered cheap lah but you know lah the quality ur getting for that price. tongue.gif

Anyway, I am letting the right side go very cheap. Those interested can buzz me.