Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Revised Kia Forte With 6-speed Transmission

• Please log in to reply

ryder

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:04 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Late last year I was informed by a reliable source that the existing Kia Forte 4-speed will get a new 6-speed transmission sometime this year among other new updates. Is this true? Any links that confirm on this?

Also, the Kia Koup will be launching sometime this year too. Will it come in 4-speed or 6-speed transmission? From the webpages the Kia Koup seems to be equipped with a manual transmission and 4-speed only.

wheeLSpin

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:38 PM

wheeLSpin

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 880 posts
bro, u abit late on this ..

salesman already taking order for this new specs. and yes koup already on sale but i heard limited unit.
go to your nearest kia showroom for more info.

ryder

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:48 PM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Thanks for the information. Limited units mean either the car is not in great demand or they do not intend to sell it in great numbers. Either way I suspect the pricing of the Koup will be a bit on the high side and resale value will not be as good as those which sell in numbers.

So it is indeed true that the 6-speed Forte is already rolling out. Not really interested in the Forte but more to the new Hyundai Avante.

How much is the Koup, and does it come in 1.6?

dzat

Posted 03 February 2011 - 03:19 PM

dzat

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Feb 2 2011, 02:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks for the information. Limited units mean either the car is not in great demand or they do not intend to sell it in great numbers. Either way I suspect the pricing of the Koup will be a bit on the high side and resale value will not be as good as those which sell in numbers.

So it is indeed true that the 6-speed Forte is already rolling out. Not really interested in the Forte but more to the new Hyundai Avante.

How much is the Koup, and does it come in 1.6?

Read somewhere, the six speed auto box is coming to sgpore already
dzat

jayraptor

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:48 AM

jayraptor

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,070 posts
I got rumors that Forte with 6-speed gearbox already launched in Singaland for the 1.6, 2.0 and Koup 1.6 & 2.0. They have even posted performance readings comparison of 4speed vs 6speed.

Forte 1.6
0-100km/h 11.5s vs 12s
FC highway 14.6km/L vs 14.3km/L

Forte 2.0
0-100km/h 9.8s vs 10.5s

Best thing about the 6-speed is that it comes with nice wrap on the knob like BMW style steptronic. If it has dual CVVT, that'll me real angry. But it doesn't, still same CVVT probably to give way to Hyundai Avante.

Halycon

Posted 13 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

Halycon

Probation

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
I think you guys are too late in your info ... the 2011 Forte has already started to ship with the additional features,

a. 6 speed gearbox
b. Paddle-shift gear change
c. Reverse camera (upon Reverse, a video from the reverse camera will appear on the rearview mirror)
d. retractable side mirrors
e. Blue tooth connectivity for phone (+ phone answer button at the steering wheel)

QUOTE (jayraptor @ Feb 10 2011, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I got rumors that Forte with 6-speed gearbox already launched in Singaland for the 1.6, 2.0 and Koup 1.6 & 2.0. They have even posted performance readings comparison of 4speed vs 6speed.

Forte 1.6
0-100km/h 11.5s vs 12s

Forte 2.0
0-100km/h 9.8s vs 10.5s

Best thing about the 6-speed is that it comes with nice wrap on the knob like BMW style steptronic. If it has dual CVVT, that'll me real angry. But it doesn't, still same CVVT probably to give way to Hyundai Avante.

ryder

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:18 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
Anybody tested the 6-speed Kia Forte? Is there a time lag when one steps on the accelerator pedal? There is a time lag for the Nissan Sylphy as the car will only move after the pedal is pressed for 0.5s - 1.0s. What about the 6-speed Kia Forte? Will the car surge forward instantly once the pedal is floored ie. instantaneous reaction to pedal action?

ryder

Posted 14 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

ryder

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
QUOTE (jayraptor @ Feb 10 2011, 03:48 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Forte 1.6
0-100km/h 11.5s vs 12s

Forte 2.0
0-100km/h 9.8s vs 10.5s

Care to post the link to the times above? 9.8s appears to be rather impressive for the 2.0. What is the top speed of this thing?

antiproton

Posted 14 February 2011 - 04:31 PM

antiproton

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
Just get my Forte 2011 version on last saturday, 17 inches low profile tyres, keyless button start/Off, rear camera on the rear mirror, shift paddle, bluetooth....etc. and it's only costs 85k.

magura

Posted 15 February 2011 - 07:27 PM

magura

Veteran

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
QUOTE (ryder @ Feb 14 2011, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anybody tested the 6-speed Kia Forte? Is there a time lag when one steps on the accelerator pedal? There is a time lag for the Nissan Sylphy as the car will only move after the pedal is pressed for 0.5s - 1.0s. What about the 6-speed Kia Forte? Will the car surge forward instantly once the pedal is floored ie. instantaneous reaction to pedal action?

Bro...the Sylphy is using a CVT transmission, thts why there's a short gap..normal for all CVT transmission (prev city, Jazz, new Altis, Lancer..etc)....Forte using the shared 6 speed gearbox currently used by Kia and its parent co (ie Hyundai...)