Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Toyota Innova: Pro And Cons

• Please log in to reply

scfun

Posted 02 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

scfun

Advanced

• Members
  • Pip
  • 64 posts
izaiyah, from what i observed here, you only get all the pros for innova, no cons if you ask this question in toyota forum!

i suggest you put comparison between 2 or 3 models then post to different forum, then you see different views. for example, choosing between innova and naza ria, innova or grand livina, innova or exora?

Unless you only have one choice, or already made up your mind? ==> Innova!

wongdaniel

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:30 PM

wongdaniel

Driver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts
I like toyota.

Inova some popel say got gear jeking after 2 year. Spacce is good if you are not big size man.
我愛夏日長

alantribe

Posted 03 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

alantribe

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 273 posts
I drive an unser and I find the Innova not much advantage over the unser. Overall only slightly better. What you get is a new design with new technology. But do beware as maintenance won't come cheap as compared to the ultra-low maintenance of an unser. I'm an a/c parts supplier and I know how costly some of the parts can be for the Innova. You can always go to a service centre and ask about their service packages. The most expensive maintenance service will be at 40,000km. If you think its not a problem then go ahead and buy it.

Note this is just a heads up of owning an Innova. Better be prepared than sorry.
THE "engine-near"

alldisc

Posted 06 April 2009 - 03:55 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (alantribe @ Apr 3 2009, 02:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I drive an unser and I find the Innova not much advantage over the unser. Overall only slightly better. What you get is a new design with new technology. But do beware as maintenance won't come cheap as compared to the ultra-low maintenance of an unser. I'm an a/c parts supplier and I know how costly some of the parts can be for the Innova. You can always go to a service centre and ask about their service packages. The most expensive maintenance service will be at 40,000km. If you think its not a problem then go ahead and buy it.

Note this is just a heads up of owning an Innova. Better be prepared than sorry.

no offense but your info on the unser and innova is incorrect and can be misleading. the following is the 40,000km service package comparison for unser manual and innova manual, based on umw toyota maxcheck service package.

unser manual
service labour RM120.00
engine oil RM61.90 (mineral based, 4 litres)
oil filter RM29.90 (every 10K)
air filter RM65.00 (every 20K)
fuel filter RM110.00 (every 40K)
spark plug RM28.80 (every 20K)
brake fluid RM29.80 (every 20K)
coolant RM71.70 (every 40K)
pwr strg fluid RM21.90 (every 40K)
gear oil 3litres RM48.00 (every 40K)
rear diffferential oil 2 litres RM30.40 (every 40K)
TOTAL RM617.40

innova manual
service labour RM120.00
engine oil RM96.90 (mineral based, 5 litres)
oil filter RM29.20
air filter RM79.90
fuel filter ---------(only at 80K)
spark plug RM32.00
brake fluid RM29.80
coolant RM71.70
pwr strg fluid RM21.90
gear oil 3litres RM48.00
rear diffferential oil 3 litres RM45.60
TOTAL RM575.00

***UMW TOYOTA SERVICE CENTRES AND ITS DEALERS GIVE WARRANTY FOR 10,000KM AFTER EACH SERVICE AGAINST ANY DEFECTIVE MATERIALS AND/OR POOR WORKMANSHIP OR 6 MONTHS WHICHEVER COMES FIRST***
the parts are genuine and guaranteed, the technicians are knowledgeable and well trained and these are among the factors that justify the slightly high price charged.
others include - air-conditioned waiting area, free drinks/snacks, free internet and wi-fi service

for air-cond service, both unser and innova are the same.
gas+compressor oil = RM65.00
evaporator detergent = RM45.00
labour = RM72.00
TOTAL RM182.00

innova is also bigger and sturdier, with a revised suspension set-up designed to be provide more comfort ride. the engine is also more powerful at 2000cc with additional VVTI for superior performance delivery at all speed range.

innova is the better choice.

jamson

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:26 AM

jamson

Road Warrior

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 681 posts
smile_thumbup.gif

innova looks better than that box....

7thfort

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:41 AM

7thfort

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 449 posts
At cruising speed of 110 kph, the Innova is quieter than the the Unser.
"Be Prepared"

alankkwong

Posted 07 April 2009 - 11:57 PM

alankkwong

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
My wife's Innova is almost 1.5 years old.. No problems at all... smooth engine generally, but is a little rough in the morning starts...
Good family car, good quality, we have been outstation few times and we cruise around 120km/h to 140km/h but sometimes even 150km/h. Kena few tickets already... normal la for people like me who likes speed.
Generally, the car has enough power, spacious and comfortable.

Its not what you have...... its how you use it!!

alldisc

Posted 08 April 2009 - 02:37 PM

alldisc

Tokyo Drifter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
QUOTE (alankkwong @ Apr 7 2009, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
My wife's Innova is almost 1.5 years old.. No problems at all... smooth engine generally, but is a little rough in the morning starts...
Good family car, good quality, we have been outstation few times and we cruise around 120km/h to 140km/h but sometimes even 150km/h. Kena few tickets already... normal la for people like me who likes speed.
Generally, the car has enough power, spacious and comfortable.

i must agree that the innova engine is slightly noisy. i suspect its because of the fan system which is driven by belt. most people do not like this factor but its still effective nevertheless.

Ade_Lee

Posted 13 April 2009 - 08:26 AM

Ade_Lee

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 450 posts
I've driven both the UNSER and LIVINA before, but I own an INNOVA.

My 2 cents worth about the INnova.

1. Space is good for people who are big sized, and the driver's seat is a wonderful place to sit in. Livina very cramped and those who are tall in the Unser will hit their head on the Rear-AIR-CON unit. Very painful.

2. Driving the INNOVA in town is no problem, even though LIVINA has good superior turning and parking capability.

3. Highway driving INNOVA is smooth and pleasant, with only wind and tyre noise. Unser is bouncy and not very quiet. LIVINA is also good to drive on highway, but make sure you get the 1.8litre engine or the engine will rev very high to hit 110km/h.

4. Maintenance... ALL the cars the same lah! If you want cheap-cheap, do it yourself at home. So don't even bother comparing the three cars because they will all cost a lot if you go out the workshop (Engine OIL prices increased, labour prices increase....). No winner here, all three cars cost $$$$ to maintain.

5. Comfort. Winner... INNOVA. That's why I own one, and borrowed the other two to use last time.

Hope this helps.

Tourist

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:06 AM

Tourist

White Lightning

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,715 posts
QUOTE (alldisc @ Mar 19 2009, 10:58 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
service every 10K if using semi/full synthetic oil

Does the car manual say you must use semi/full synthetic oil or is this another of your urban legend stuff?

BTW, a friend has a Vigo and Innova. Was very surprised to hear him say the Vigo is less jumpy on road and the better car to drive.
I prefers to use my head than follow the crowd. After all, it is my money and not theirs.