Welcome to Autoworld Forum !

Sign In or Register to gain full access to our forums. By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Close
Photo

Ps/rpm

• Please log in to reply

Itchibawa

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:44 AM

Itchibawa

Fast & Furious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,384 posts
QUOTE (sorpoh @ Mar 28 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

well,u r right...but someone might dun mind if the FC is high if there is performance,but some rather dunwan performance n prefer low FC...but where to get both in advance? unsure.gif no one is perfect le..friend...
happy.gif

Actually, Honda 5-AT offers both economy and performance in the same gearbox.

The first three gears are driving gears, with ratios higher than :1, while 4th and 5th gears are actually overdrives-OD, with ratios less than : 1.

So if you want performance, shift the gear lever to D3. The gearbox will shifts from 1st to 3rd only. Since you are always in a driving gear, acceleration is always there.

If you want to cruise and economize, then shift to D. The AT will then allows 4th and 5th to be engaged. In OD, rpm will drop, hence you save fuel.

cheokhong

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:45 PM

cheokhong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
I think there can be many ways of how you want to intepret "powerful".

Let me put another way of looking ps.
-140ps@6300
-136ps@5600
-132ps@6000

If that's just a simple question asking which can be more "powerful" , I would say 140ps! By the way, ps is not the most accurate way to judge the car's ability.

Assuming you are actually interested to know which "accelerates" faster, than you should look at the torque curve.

TORQUE is the rotational force of the engine, the "true force" that pushes the car forward.

POWER is the work done in a unit of time,at a given rpm -> Power = Torque x RPM
Analyse this statement : -> The engine generates TORQUE= 160 Nm, because it is spinning at 6300 rpm, so it had achieved POWER = 140ps !

Thus, in most normal passenger car engines , torque will rise and then max out around ~5000 rpm , then it start to dip a bit, before a plunge around ~ 7000 rpm. So your max ps will be achieved just before the torque plunge.

cheokhong

Posted 29 March 2009 - 01:47 PM

cheokhong

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

sorpoh

Posted 29 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

sorpoh

Taxi Driver

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 428 posts
hi cheokhong...long time no see... happy.gif

If that's just a simple question asking which can be more "powerful" , I would say 140ps! By the way, ps is not the most accurate way to judge the car's ability...i agree with tat cause normally i will ask torque...cause ia sked before n the sales personlaugh at me and tell me now adays no one care so much bout the horsepower...when i told my friends bout tis...they also laugh at me n say wat the salesman say is right.... sad.gif need to depends on the body weight as well...